Fernando Torres

well he wants to come and he's told liverpool to consider it.

Funny reading the early posts of this topic lol, from impossible to possible in 3 seasons :) I reckon £50m would do it, seriously. Not been great or fully fit in the last half a year or so but he's just 26 years old and he is pure class. He's got 5 good years left, and he can play UCL. People saying they don't want him are just mad lol. Pace, shooting, heading, tap-ins, 25 yard belters, aggression, scores in big games always... Sign him up.

If Torres really wants to leave, we can expect some big-money bid from Citeh, I think.

City don't need any more strikers :lol:

I can't wait for Tuesday - just so I can stop getting excited about potential signings. Aguero won't happen, Torres won't happen, and I'll be surprised if Luiz does.

Why? Cos there's only three fucking days left.

City don't need any more strikers :lol:

I can't wait for Tuesday - just so I can stop getting excited about potential signings. Aguero won't happen, Torres won't happen, and I'll be surprised if Luiz does.

Why? Cos there's only three fucking days left.

Man City signed Robinho in 75 minutes. Didn't they?

But on the whole, agreed.

Fernando Torres has told Liverpool to sit down and negotiate with Chelsea, having reached the point at which he believes that a departure from Anfield is now the right move for his career.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/28/fernando-torres-chelsea-transfer-liverpool

Fair point David!

Just annoys me how any transfer we make is left very late on.

I made the point earlier ,,why arent we prepared ,,work should be done BEFORE the window opens and completed as soon as it does open..

We have a useless fucking board ,,,,most probably Gourlay who really isnt up to it

Maybe we can do it in this short space of time. Liverpool wont want a player at their club who doesn't want to be there, neither will Liverpool fans, at the same time they are trying to push through a deal for Luis Suarez and could surely do with using some of the funds they would receive for Torres to put towards signing Suarez.

And heck if we dont get him in January then we can try again in the Summer, Torres wants to be here, he wants to join Chelsea, so lets keep at it and secure the signing, either now or in the Summer.

Maybe we can do it in this short space of time. Liverpool wont want a player at their club who doesn't want to be there, neither will Liverpool fans, at the same time they are trying to push through a deal for Luis Suarez and could surely do with using some of the funds they would receive for Torres to put towards signing Suarez.

And heck if we dont get him in January then we can try again in the Summer, Torres wants to be here, he wants to join Chelsea, so lets keep at it and secure the signing, either now or in the Summer.

indeed, but knowing our luck, we'll sign nobody.