test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Champions League thread

Started by Jason,

4,354 posts in this topic

Worst possible opponent tbh, they're better than last season.

-They're in great form and barely have to break a sweat in their league

-Pacey and skillful wingers

-Fantastic midfield against ours in poor form

-One of the best backlines in Europe (imo, even with the ever so erratic Luiz)

We all know how this will go. We'll play defensively, but with even more difficulties attacking than last year. PSG through unfortunately.

I don't know why people are so angry over this. For me, it's a good draw, because we know them. And it's not like we're gonna play them tonight. A lot of things will change until the tie. Come on, Chelsea!

Adnane and Essien19 like this

We all know how this will go. We'll play defensively, but with even more difficulties attacking than last year. PSG through unfortunately.

I think Juve would've been worse. PSG possess more quality but their attacking style suits Mourinho's underdog tactics. Juve won't give any opponent space.

Like you've said, we already know the script. Chelsea with 10/11 men behind the ball, PSG bossing possession and creating more opportunities. Chelsea trying to hit PSG on the break but mostly threatening through set-pieces. I thought PSG was the better team in both meetings. Poor finishing led to Chelsea squeezing through the first time around. Last year's tie was terrible. Absolutely terrible. They are better than last year, yeah, so it will be even more difficult.

Di Maria is a nightmare for this team. He's so direct. Lucky for us he's hot and cold. PSG's midfield will be a problem. Regardless of Chelsea's form, their midfield is comfortably better. Verratti in particular was exceptional and I expect him to perform again.

Chelsea can win this. As long as Mourinho doesn't go all out defence. Pressure is on PSG as the favourites and their finishing is not the best in big games. Zlatan rarely scores in ties like this and Cavani mostly chokes. So the scoreline will probably be tight again. 1-1 away and 2-1 at home is possible.

Stats, Cosmin, roba3y and 1 other like this

Don't care that we are up against a tough opponent. But it's just so boring to face the same opponent three years straight

Especially because it's gonna be so predictable what will happen. We will go all out defensive only for Iva to let Di Maria put in dangerous cross after dangerous cross by which we will get punished eventually

The Chels likes this

Di Maria vs Ivanovic!

It will be Cavani. Di Maria plays on the right, Ibra through the middle and Cavani on the left.

Absolutely spot on and much of what I was coming here to post.

This is a terrible matchup for us as PSG is strong in all areas we're weak in. I'm especially worried about our midfield being embarrassed. We'll get killed if Fabregas plays.

Hopefully by the time the first leg comes around we'll be playing well and Matic is in top form. Would be even better if RLC is given a long run out. We could use a big, athletic body against PSG.

Ainsley Harriott likes this

PSG went down like tame little lambs after knocking us out last year.

The year before we put up great fight against Atletico in the semi.

PSG are little fellows really, but maybe just now we ain't good enough - maybe.

Hopefully last season's exit should teach us to give it more of an effort in bigger games. Our tactics in the tie last season, especially at home was embarrassing.

Hopefully last season's exit should teach us to give it more of an effort in bigger games. Our tactics in the tie last season, especially at home was embarrassing.

Yeah - sleepy time time overtime.

In the end they fell from Eiffel tower and survived.

We had the advantage twice and PSG's backs were up against the wall, we couldn't defend corners for quite some time,

that was the problem, imo.

Otherwise we would have knocked them down. So i don't think the match plan wasn't that bad.

PSG have a great team, but you don't fuck with Mourinho in the knockout rounds.

Tight game, we'll see how it goes, but i for one am quite hopeful, most likely we'll go for UCL glory this season.

Beirut_Blues, roba3y, Stats and 1 other like this