Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

I was looking at the Chelseayouth twitter and noticed Musonda, (assuming it is his real account) thanked the site for the video compilation made for him and he said "for the great of video of the past season and great memories @chelseayouth ⚽️".

Great memories? Just seems a odd thing to say. Maybe I am being a little too sceptical but that could suggest he is off. I hope we do not lose him permanently. Especially to Arsenal who have been linked and would probably turn him into a world beater which would be really annoying to see.

It just means that he won't be playing for our youth team anymore.

Man you really can't blame him if he decides to leave permanently, because deep down almost everyone here knows it is the best decision for his individual career.

I don't blame you at but we as chelsea fan we do not support his decision and I know the chelsea board will agree with it

look at all the people agreeing with u

You start off right. Kakuta was higher rated. but right now Pogba is higher rated than Ronaldo and probably Hazard too. does that mean he's better? no. has he been better than either of them? no.

I said Musonda is the most talented we've had. Whatever hype was associated with Kakuta and whatever high expectations were placed on him due to media is irrelevant to that. Fool.

Fool, yes Fool indeed you are.

I was referring to what they are at the same age/point(16-18yrs). Kakuta was a far more dominant youth player than Musonda has been; that's why he was so highly rated.

I haven't talked about what Musonda is going to be when he reaches 24 because that's just speculation. He could end up Hazard level or even better; or Kakuta level or even worse.

Kakuta in his youth prime which was 07/08 scored 11 goals in 27 apps and his overall game back then , to anyone that understands football, was extremely headless chickenless and full of empty showboating i.e dribbling and skills that ultimately lead to nowhere while Musonda on the otherhand ran the show and inspired arguably the best youth team in europe to domestic and European success playing mostly as a central midfielder showing the maturity, intelligence and understanding of the game that Kakuta never had.

Gael was just another typical youtube wonderkid. Don't confuse meaningless showboating/skills for dominance.

"Musonda on the otherhand ran the show and inspired arguably the best youth team in europe to domestic and European success"

You cannot claim Musonda was more impactful than Colkett or Solanke in the youth team this yr. That's just ridiculous. At the very most it was equal. Last year, at least 5 youth players had more impact.

Kakuta on the other was the most prominent man in our youth sides

AGAIN, youth football "prominence" MOST TIMES doesn't translate to the senior level due to many many reasons, different for each player. Kakuta and Mceachran as good examples closer to home.

"showboating/skills for dominance" is only meaningless if the player doesn't deliver at whatever point/level they may be. CR7, Neymar, ETC were so called showboaters but delivered and then they were also able to bring up their game to the senior level at an early age. Mceachran was a so called maturity, intelligence and understanding midfielder who was prominent in youth football but couldn't scale up, Fabregas on the other hand scaled up. ETC

Musonda may or may not scale up. He may became very prominent at the senior level or he may fizzle out even worse than Kakuta. But in youth football, Kakuta was the more impactful player.

I get it, we(including me) all love Charly, but lets not get in over ourselves here; in the grand scheme of things he has done almost nothing so far.

"Musonda on the otherhand ran the show and inspired arguably the best youth team in europe to domestic and European success"

You cannot claim Musonda was more impactful than Colkett or Solanke in the youth team this yr. That's just ridiculous. At the very most it was equal. Last year, at least 5 youth players had more impact.

Kakuta on the other was the most prominent man in our youth sides

AGAIN, youth football "prominence" MOST TIMES doesn't translate to the senior level due to many many reasons, different for each player. Kakuta and Mceachran as good examples closer to home.

"showboating/skills for dominance" is only meaningless if the player doesn't deliver at whatever point/level they may be. CR7, Neymar, ETC were so called showboaters but delivered and then they were also able to bring up their game to the senior level at an early age. Mceachran was a so called maturity, intelligence and understanding midfielder who was prominent in youth football but couldn't scale up, Fabregas on the other hand scaled up. ETC

Musonda may or may not scale up. He may became very prominent at the senior level or he may fizzle out even worse than Kakuta. But in youth football, Kakuta was the more impactful player.

I get it, we(including me) all love Charly, but lets not get in over ourselves here; in the grand scheme of things he has done almost nothing so far.

How does the statement "He ran the show" translate to meaning the player in question was the only outstanding player? This Chelsea youth team is far more talented than the one that Gael played in so it's only natural that he stands out more in a sea of mediocrity mixed in with one decent talent (Borini at the time). Quality teams full of talent will always have more than one outstanding performers at anyone time and that takes nothing away from outstanding individual performances. You don't get any extra point for being a big fish in a small pond.

The most pointless statement of the year. no one has claimed otherwise. the argument was whether your statement about kakuta being far more dominant for the youth team than Charly was accurate and a fair assessment or not.

First off, neymar despite being flashy was very productive and so was the one before him Ronaldinho.

Hazard, Isco, sanchez et al too are flashy but intelligent, productive and decisive players. The issue isn't about youth players being flashy but whether the flamboyancy is to the detriment of the team and hinders them from being productive and decisive. It's the decision making of knowing when to attempt a skill and what to do with the ball after and the tactical awareness and intelligence that distinguish the "flamboyant donkeys" like Kakuta, taraabt,Quaresma et al from the former.

https://instagram.com/p/4ce-S2IeKT/?taken-by=mousinhojr

Looks like he already know's where he is playing next season, "season starts in 20 day's". I guess he means pre-season. Off all the clubs he has been linked with, both Arsenal and Olympique Marseille have their first preseason game around that time :o.

But i think it will most likely be Olympique Marseille.