Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Sturridge is better than kalou.

Agree but as an Impact Player...Kalou > the rest.

Sturridge will get a great experience at Portsmouth playing day in and day out in Premier League will help him a great deal.

I can see Kalou moving on next season and Sturridge taking his place with Borini the 4th Striker.

He had, but was recently linked to Barca, Arsenal. He wants to start regularly...so who knows he may choose to move on.

I remember him being linked with Arsenal..... Hope your right as well. He is taking the place of promising strikers like Sturridge.

• 2 months later...

he has more of a chance at making it here than borini & di santo, his confidence and almost cocky attitude at times is exactly what we need from youngsters trying to break into the first team. Although i don't think anelka will be going anywhere in the summer so he will have to remain patient and make the most of his opportunities.

I think Anelka is off in the summer, not so much us getting rid, but him leaving.

I think he has a slightly better chance than Borini but that's down to him already being more of a proven player given the opportunities he's has both with Chelsea and Manchester City

Sturridge has worked very hard this season, scored when given the chances and worked very hard (sometimes trying too hard) when asked to play for the reserves, hopefully will get more chances next season because he can grow into a top player given the time.

• 2 months later...

I really hope he gets more games under his belt this season. God I love the guy, really want him to succed at Chelsea. Can be a great player in the future!blue%20scalf.gif

He certainly has all the tools to be a great pace based striker !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sturridge looks to future

Chelsea youngster overcomes difficult start to life in capital

Last updated: 17th September 2010

Chelsea hot-shot Daniel Sturridge is relishing the future after overcoming a difficult start to life in London.

The 21-year-old found it hard to adjust to life at first in the capital after quitting Manchester City in July 2009 for an initial tribunal fee of £3.5million.

As well as missing his family, the youngster was also labelled as arrogant by his critics after leaving City for London.

But the striker, who scored on his full UEFA Champions League debut in the 4-1 win over MSK Zilina this week, insists the accusation is not the case and he is now looking to push on.

"It was hard me for because I am young. It was difficult moving from Manchester to London. I was away from my family for about four or five months when I first joined the club.

"I am used to having them around me. In the second half of the season, it was different because they were with me and raised my spirits."

Arrogant guy

"Some people had the opinion that I was an arrogant guy and I didn't work for the team and that hurt me a lot.

"It hurt me because I didn't believe it. Never in my life have I been an arrogant guy and it was very hurtful to hear people say things like that about me because I know I am not that type of person.

"Obviously, you then go home sometimes and feel very, very upset and you don't know what to do. For me, when that type of stuff was going on, it was very hard for me to be alone. I just want to show everyone that I am not that type of guy."

He added: "When people meet me they realise I am actually not that type of guy. I am just trying to get as far as I can in football. Hopefully, I can push those things aside and prove to people that I am not like that.

"It was hard me for because I am young. It was difficult moving from Manchester to London. I was away from my family for about four or five months when I first joined the club.

"I am used to having them around me. In the second half of the season, it was different because they were with me and raised my spirits."

Praised help

Sturridge praised his team-mates for helping him adjust to life in London, adding he now feels like a Chelsea player.

"When I was here on my own, the players helped me a lot. They put their arms around me and told me to keep my mind on football and not worry about anything because my time would come," he said.

"Now I feel I am a Chelsea player and part of everything. The team here has been together for a long time and it was very hard for me to become a part of things. The boys made me very welcome when I first joined the club, they showed me a lot of love.

"I was very happy they did that for me because sometimes it is hard when you join the club as a new player and you don't know anyone.

"But I believe I have become a better player and I hope I can play more often with these world class players.

"Carlo Ancelotti is the best manager I have worked with. He gives you huge confidence and has huge faith in me. Hopefully I will be able to repay him."

=-SSN=-

Good on Danny to adapt! It's not easy for these young guys to move away from their families or friends, but seeing him over come it shows how mature he is now.

he is to be congratulated on the change in his attitude ..keep it up Danny ..you have a great future ahead