Eden Hazard

the wes

This is a disgrace. Stand out behind your player, doesn't matter if he did a couple of mistakes. Stand behind him and support him. No criticizing should be going on this time! Disgraceful.

The sad thing is most of the criticism doesn't even make any sense. The last thing that crossed my mind after that game was not "oh, Eden's made a mistake". It was "we aren't good enough to beat them without our best team" "Jose's tactics were far too cautious and were even downright ridiculous for a CL semi-final".

Are we really criticizing Eden for the goals? There were so many individual mistakes yesterday. In those same first and third goals we had about 6 defenders in the box who all decided to play spectators. In the third goal Turan had the time and space to take a free header inside the box and then tap in the rebound without anyone even reacting!

Even if you want to pick out players for defensive mistakes, which this isn't a time for, imo, it would not be Eden who you would pick out.

The guy only said we are a counter attacking team like RM and the internet goes in enrage mode, sigh

Aye. Just ignore the bullshit. It will die down and it's inevitable. Some of the headlines I'm seeing are hilarious and predictable. The guy compared us to Real Madrid for god's sake, lol

The sad thing is most of the criticism doesn't even make any sense. The last thing that crossed my mind after that game was not "oh, Eden's made a mistake". It was "we aren't good enough to beat them without our best team" "Jose's tactics were far too cautious and were even downright ridiculous for a CL semi-final".

We could have beat them, the tactics were fine. We had a bad day at defense and Atletico were super lucky to take full advantage of that. That's it. For me, the problem with the tactics was only the way we led Koke make their game. Luiz should have done much more but I don't blame anyone. I support them!

Sure he has to mark juanfran and he is at fault for that goal...but he has to get same support from fullbacks..we should defend like a team but attack should get same support ...nobody is making runs...every time he goes forward 2-3 players are marking him...all i am saying is that both fullbacks should make forward runs...look at dortmund....they defend like a team and attack like a team when dortmund player gets the ball from opposition player he has atleast 4-5 passing options because of their runs...hope mourinho improves our attack next season...we need a top midfielder next to matic

Why do you choose to ignore the fact that he just came back from a muscular injury.

I never chose to ignore but the issue is, Hazard was there, he knew Juanfran was behind him. So, why did he let him go scott-free without doing anything? He only had to run a bit to put pressure on Juanfran and/or block the shot.

Why do you choose to ignore the fact that Jose's tactical error of switching a player lacking match fitness to the wing backfired when he was doing perfectly fine through the centre? It was an error that few noticed but it cost us dearly.

He was doing perfectly fine through the centre? Hardly. And it still doesn't excuse him of his defensive work when he got switched out wide (though on the bigger picture, he shouldn't have even started in the first place).

Why do you keep banging on and on about this? Let's even assume that Hazard was 100% match fit, which he wasn't, he is a young player that made a mistake.

Why don't you cut him some slack, eh? The kid has been the one carrying our average attack for majority of the season while the others have been ridiculously inconsistent and downright appalling.

Agree but again, that is not an excuse, not for me. If people can praise him when he does well, then why can't people cricitize him when he doesn't do well? It's only fair to praise him when he deserves one and criticize him when he deserves one as well.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Agree but nothing wrong with trying to discuss on the issue more extensively..

What bothers me a bit about Mourinho tactics, is that he plays like he's the lesser team against any decent opposition. Defensive, counter-style football. He even did that at Real. It's not really nice to watch and with the attacking qualities Chelsea has it's not really necessary to put 6 defensive players on the pitch in a home-game. The point was to score a goal, right?

We could have beat them, the tactics were fine. We had a bad day at defense and Atletico were super lucky to take full advantage of that. That's it. For me, the problem with the tactics was only the way we led Koke make their game. Luiz should have done much more but I don't blame anyone. I support them!

The tactics were far from fine. I've already pointed out the errors I thought were made in that game (IMO) on the "Mourinho thread". But then again, that's the difference between managing a Bayern or Madrid for example as opposed to a Chelsea. At a Chelsea, any slight tactical error, tweak of the formation/line-up or mistimed substitution can look really bad.

I never chose to ignore but the issue is, Hazard was there, he knew Juanfran was behind him. So, why did he let him go scott-free without doing anything? He only had to run a bit to put pressure on Juanfran and/or block the shot.

He was doing perfectly fine through the centre? Hardly. And it still doesn't excuse him of his defensive work when he got switched out wide (though on the bigger picture, he shouldn't have even started in the first place).

Agree but again, that is not an excuse, not for me. If people can praise him when he does well, then why can't people cricitize him when he doesn't do well? It's only fair to praise him when he deserves one and criticize him when he deserves one as well.

Agree but nothing wrong with trying to discuss on the issue more extensively..

You are a disgrace! Get the hell out!

:clap:

Right...continue your idiocy here and we'll see who gets the hell out first...

You take your words back and you say this: the whole team failed yesterday but they tried their best. I support them and love them.

You aren't very smart if the first thing you do after such a game is criticize your own team. You are no journalist, you are a supporter of this team. It's your FUCKING club for god sake!

What bothers me a bit about Mourinho tactics, is that he plays like he's the lesser team against any decent opposition. Defensive, counter-style football. He even did that at Real. It's not really nice to watch and with the attacking qualities Chelsea has it's not really necessary to put 6 defensive players on the pitch in a home-game. The point was to score a goal, right?

That wasn't so in some of the earlier fixtures but he's been far too cautious in some big games this season. Azpilicueta at right wing with Oscar and Schurrle on the bench is inexplicable in a champions league semi-final.

Jose is still to prove that he can set up a team who plays expansive possession football. I'm still to be convinced that that will change even if we bring in a Diego Costa and a Gundogan. He couldn't do it at Real with a superior squad of attacking talent. His league-winning, record-breaking squad was largely a counter-attacking side.

Diego Torres' book claimed that Jose hardly ever practiced possession based static attacks in training and as a result, Madrid struggled against teams that were happy to sit back. He only ever prepared counter-attacking tactical plays. Of course, most big teams find it tougher against teams that defend deep, but it's interesting to think about, considering our struggles are exactly that this season.

You take your words back and you say this: the whole team failed yesterday but they tried their best. I support them and love them.

You aren't very smart if the first thing you do after such a game is criticize your own team. You are no journalist, you are a supporter of this team. It's your FUCKING club for god sake!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, who are you to tell me that I should take back my words and say something else? You have your own opinion, I have mine. This is getting old from you. Every time someone has a different views from you, you'll start to attack them with insults and abuse.

I've posted my views on the game as a whole in the post-match thread, albeit a short one and like I've said several times before, if the team or player deserves a praise, then they/he'll get one. If they or he deserves to be criticized for something, then they/he'll one. And just because I'm a supporter, doesn't mean I should just be praising the team all the time. Same with just because I criticize them doesn't mean I don't support and love the club. After all, just like everyone else, we only want what it's best for the team by looking at the faults and discussing what can be done better.

Really though, if you can't understand properly, then it's not my problem. However, continue with your 'outrage' here and we'll see where it gets you...

For me, I findd it extremely frustrating to watch Eden play on the wing without support. Every team in the Universe wil double or triple up against him in that position. So I do not undersrand why he is still being played there. How can a wee track engineer from London work out that playing him in the middle on the counter would be far more effective than playing nobody there aand Jose can't. I would have put Schurrle and Willian on the wings for defensive and attacking duties with Eden in the middle pulling the strings. Edeb had a shocker tonight but it was Jose Mourinho's fault.

You are right i think the same, he can play on wings, but he would be more effective for us in the middle

:clap:

Right...continue your idiocy here and we'll see who gets the hell out first...

Somehow if u say that a player is at fault for something, it means we are saying that he is shit and does not know how to play football on this particular forum.

The number of times we let pool get behind our defemce was 1.the sterling run. That's it. That was the level of commitment a CL semi should have required.

44minutes out, if we had gone 1-0 up at HT, we would definitely have won the leg. But what does hazard do? Leave his man to run behind the defence and knock the ball in.

But here ssaying something for what it is means u hate eden. Every eden performance should be capped off with, he is fabulous and next ballon dor winner

Why do you choose to ignore the fact that he just came back from a muscular injury.

What has that got to do with him tracking a runner? Are you saying that his calf injury meant he couldn't do that, because he made a pretty good fist of tracking the runner for the third goal and is fairly blameless in that instance.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

He's not. He's judging him fairly.