Eden Hazard

the wes

Probably one of those convenient "mistranslation" the media loves to do.

Pretty obvious to me that Hazard means "Chelsea are not made to play "possession football", Chelsea are made to play on the counter.

True and beIN sports are owned by the PSG owners. So, there might well be some agenda going on there.

Would still like to know the context in which Hazard was asked the question though.

Probably the biggest pile of horseshit ever typed on this thread.

Sorry he is my favorite player as you can see in my name but if that is true he got no place here. Stop getting worked up just because something negative is said about our best player.

I'm not surprised that Hazard had trouble tracking back today. I called it prior to the match that there was no chance he was going to be at his usual level today. There is just no way an attacking player, especially a winger, is going to be out for 2 and a half/3 weeks with a muscular injury and be amazing. Look at bloody Ronaldo in the first leg vs Bayern. He was shite. Bloody awful and made no impact on the game. He was just returning from a knee injury and it showed. Same thing today.

Hazard has already showed in the past that he is more than willing to track back and cover the fullback, but after suffering a calf injury, it's almost impossible to do that. That must have been the thinking behind Hazard starting as a 10 today, to preserve his energy and not to aggravate the muscle. WHY OH WHY, Jose felt it wise to switch him to the left is beyond me. That's the main issue here.

I can confirm that that was NOT mistranslated. My cousin who lives in France just told me about this and i didnt believe him. Then i saw some tabloids writing about it. Sad, really sad.

Guess it might be the end of the road for him here then :( shame if true.

I don't get it. Did I watch the same match? Everyone is bashing Hazard everywhere. I don't care that he didn't track back for 2 goals, he is not a bloody DEFENDER.

I will go so far as saying he played quite well today.

I don't get it. Did I watch the same match? Everyone is bashing Hazard everywhere. I don't care that he didn't track back for 2 goals, he is not a bloody DEFENDER.

I will go so far as saying he played quite well today.

Hazard is not a defender but as a player within the team, he still got a defensive responsibility to do. Everyone does.

He played well today? No offence but if you truly 100% meant that, then you must have a pretty low expectation of Hazard. Was hardly anywhere near his best and we only saw bits and pieces of him during the game

Hazard is the scapegoat today. It normally takes turns on TalkChelsea. When people calm down and reflect, then we can see it wasn't really Hazard's fault. As for his comments after the game, they are completely irrelevant and hardly disrespectful to the club. The French frame questions in such a tempting way to get him to say something wrong because they want him playing over there.

And if he said that, so? The comment was fairly factual. It just goes to show how political correctness and petty nonsense has replaced even common sense in football

I can confirm that that was NOT mistranslated. My cousin who lives in France just told me about this and i didnt believe him. Then i saw some tabloids writing about it. Sad, really sad.

Is your cousin a PSG fan ?

Regarding the Hazard quotes

Chelsea’s Gladiator ‏@loulouCIV: Hazard phrase was cut out by beinsports he was saying that we feel best in counter attacking mode

Chelsea’s Gladiator ‏@loulouCIV: Hazard said Chelsea isnt made for football it was made for counter attack as in football with ball possession Bein cut out the last part

Apparently the guy is french and watched Hazard’s interview on bein sports

Hazard is the scapegoat today. It normally takes turns on TalkChelsea. When people calm down and reflect, then we can see it wasn't really Hazard's fault. As for his comments after the game, they are completely irrelevant and hardly disrespectful to the club. The French frame questions in such a tempting way to get him to say something wrong because they want him playing over there.

And if he said that, so? The comment was fairly factual. It just goes to show how political correctness and petty nonsense has replaced even common sense in football

Scapegoat? Are people gonna resort to that everytime we criticize a player? Yes, we as a team tonight didn't play well and got deservedly beaten but that should not excuse players off criticism if they made mistakes for the goals conceded like Hazard, Cole and even Eto'o did. It's justified at least if anything and no one is even blowing this out of proportion.

If he ends up being the last man to defend at the left back, then something else than Hazard is wrong in the team, because he is not supposed to. Everyone's bashing Hazard, but where was Ashley Cole?

Cole was at fault but Hazard allowed his FB to scamper past him without even tracking him. You can see that Hazard was looking at Juanfran and knows that he's there but for whatever reason, he let him go when that cross was whipped in. It was poor. Poor from Hazard. Poor from Cole.

Scapegoat? Are people gonna resort to that everytime we criticize a player? Yes, we as a team tonight didn't play well and got deservedly beaten but that should not excuse players off criticism if they made mistakes for the goals conceded like Hazard, Cole and even Eto'o did. It's justified at least if anything and no one is even blowing this out of proportion.

Not blowing it out of proportion ? You've got people here talking about selling him. ffs

If he ends up being the last man to defend at the left back, then something else than Hazard is wrong in the team, because he is not supposed to. Everyone's bashing Hazard, but where was Ashley Cole?

Ashley Cole was too narrow, tucked in inside, marking another man. It should've been one of our defenders turned midfielders tucked inside to help Ashley stay wide but instead Hazard was asked to come that deep to cover the fullback.

Hazard should never be that deep in our own half. The team was set up incorrectly and Simeone and Atletico exploited it very well.

Is your cousin a PSG fan ?

Regarding the Hazard quotes

Chelsea’s Gladiator ‏@loulouCIV: Hazard phrase was cut out by beinsports he was saying that we feel best in counter attacking mode

Chelsea’s Gladiator ‏@loulouCIV: Hazard said Chelsea isnt made for football it was made for counter attack as in football with ball possession Bein cut out the last part

Apparently the guy is french and watched Hazard’s interview on bein sports

Arsenal fan, :ph34r:.

I don't think he lies to me but you i don't know. I don't know french so i cannot translate what Hazard said. I just hope that it's not true.

Not blowing it out of proportion ? You've got people here talking about selling him. ffs

And that is coming from two fellas after tonight. One is probaby just trolling and the other only said that because of the supposed comments he made. Otherwise, no one is turning Hazard into a scapegoat and blowing out of proportion because of the loss to Atletico.