Eden Hazard

the wes

Any info on when is fit or how long is he out??

Nothing definitive so far. Mourinho earlier (post-PSG) said he will be out for about 2 weeks and then Steve Holland said after the Swansea game he could be back sooner rather than later.

So yeah, go figure.. :P

Human nature. One stellar performance and everyone will remember his importance again.

I still expect a lot more from him though. Others have shown you can do better. Suarez this season for example, Van Persie in the previous two seasons, Drogba in 09/10 and other greats before. Truly carrying their teams in brilliant and consistent fashion, with some big moments. This season he's been more like Cristiano Ronaldo in 06/07. Great but not phenomenal. Would be great if he were able to pull it off next season.

I actually tend to disagree with this because Hazard is a pure winger and we can't compare him to those players you mentioned because they are strikers. Strikers tend to have a lot of leeway with "consistency" because a striker can have a bad game and score a goal and the goal cancels out his bad performance in the eyes of most people. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only time in premiership history when a winger has won a league "on his own" was Ronaldo in 2007/2008 when he scored 44 goals in 46 games.

Hazard has truly carried out team in" brilliant and consistent fashion, with some big moments" this season. He has proven to be a big game player. If Hazard's all round performances in most games were rated as goals then he will have 30+ goals this season as he is either good, very good or brilliant in every game. He rarely if ever has a poor game. The only really poor game I remember this season was the home match against Man City where everything he did failed to come off bar that genius piece of skill on Zabaleta. He more than redeemed himself in the away performances. Hazard doesn't do bad games. Even when he's quiet, he still finds a way to make a telling contribution.

If we judge Hazard for what he is, a pure winger, then is his level of consistency any worse than "world-class" wingers like Reus, Bale, Ribery or Robben, Di Maria? No. This is the most important thing. His numbers are on par or superior to these players who play for stronger teams in easier leagues. His 2013/14 season level arguably superior.

Unfortunately many people want too much to quick. He isn't going to win us tight games like a world-class striker would do because that's not his job. Anything else is a bonus. If one day he reaches a level were he is scoring 50+ goals a season like the "monsters" Ronaldo or Messi, then good for him. But I prefer a 25 goal + 20 + assist player to individualists anyway.

I actually tend to disagree with this because Hazard is a pure winger and we can't compare him to those players you mentioned because they are strikers. Strikers tend to have a lot of leeway with "consistency" because a striker can have a bad game and score a goal and the goal cancels out his bad performance in the eyes of most people. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only time in premiership history when a winger has won a league "on his own" was Ronaldo in 2007/2008 when he scored 44 goals in 46 games.

Hazard has truly carried out team in" brilliant and consistent fashion, with some big moments" this season. He has proven to be a big game player. If Hazard's all round performances in most games were rated as goals then he will have 30+ goals this season as he is either good, very good or brilliant in every game. He rarely if ever has a poor game. The only really poor game I remember this season was the home match against Man City where everything he did failed to come off bar that genius piece of skill on Zabaleta. He more than redeemed himself in the away performances. Hazard doesn't do bad games. Even when he's quiet, he still finds a way to make a telling contribution.

If we judge Hazard for what he is, a pure winger, then is his level of consistency any worse than "world-class" wingers like Reus, Bale, Ribery or Robben, Di Maria? No. This is the most important thing. His numbers are on par or superior to these players who play for stronger teams in easier leagues. His 2013/14 season level arguably superior.

Unfortunately many people want too much to quick. He isn't going to win us tight games like a world-class striker would do because that's not his job. Anything else is a bonus. If one day he reaches a level were he is scoring 50+ goals a season like the "monsters" Ronaldo or Messi, then good for him. But I prefer a 25 goal + 20 + assist player to individualists anyway.

I guess we see things differently. Hazard has been great but he hasn't put in enough stand-out performances to compare him those players and others. He's been consistently good and has definitely had some great performances but like I said before, others have shown better.

And it's not about goals. The likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Rivaldo etc were never the greatest goal-scorers but they all had periods in which they stood out. Or even more recently Xavi, I thought he was simply amazing during Euro 2008 and the following 2008/2009 season. He was so ridiculously dominant, I even rated him as the best player that season.

But I don't want it to sound like I'm somehow discrediting Hazard. Again, Hazard has been fantastic but I expect more. A possibly better and more balanced team next season should help.

I guess we see things differently. Hazard has been great but he hasn't put in enough stand-out performances to compare him those players and others. He's been consistently good and has definitely had some great performances but like I said before, others have shown better.

And it's not about goals. The likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Rivaldo etc were never the greatest goal-scorers but they all had periods in which they stood out. Or even more recently Xavi, I thought he was simply amazing during Euro 2008 and the following 2008/2009 season. He was so ridiculously dominant, I even rated him as the best player that season.

But I don't want it to sound like I'm somehow discrediting Hazard. Again, Hazard has been fantastic but I expect more. A possibly better and more balanced team next season should help.

I couldn't agree more ..

he really needs to stand out more and step up to the level of Zidane and Ronaldinho .. he sure has the potential and skill .. by next season he has to be able to properly utilize the limitless options he has when he is in possession of the ball

Hazard is anything but a pure winger..

So Hazard hasn't had a period when he stood out? Again, crazy expectations. Like Mourinho said, Hazard's performance level is generally the same be it a Newcastle hattrick or a complete display against Stoke.

Hazard would arguably have been the best player in the EPL had it not been for Suarez and the guy only just turned 23 while Suarez is in the prime of his career and is a striker, so he always has an edge in individual rewards. Plus Suarez hasn't been involved in European competition this season.

None of those players you mentioned were are as good as him at 23. Where was Xavi when he was 23? Just an average/good player. Zidane? Hazard's growth so far is more impressive than his. Hazard at 21 was a better player than all 3 of them.

I'm not sure why we are always having this debates about Hazard all the time. People want everything too soon even though the kid is playing at a ridiculously high level and is one of the best in the world.

So Hazard hasn't had a period when he stood out? Again, crazy expectations. Like Mourinho said, Hazard's performance level is generally the same be it a Newcastle hattrick or a complete display against Stoke.

Hazard would arguably have been the best player in the EPL had it not been for Suarez and the guy only just turned 23 while Suarez is in the prime of his career and is a striker, so he always has an edge in individual rewards. Plus Suarez hasn't been involved in European competition this season.

None of those players you mentioned were are as good as him at 23. Where was Xavi when he was 23? Just an average/good player. Zidane? Hazard's growth so far is more impressive than his. Hazard at 21 was a better player than all 3 of them.

I'm not sure why we are always having this debates about Hazard all the time. People want everything too soon even though the kid is playing at a ridiculously high level and is one of the best in the world.

We having these debates because of his potential.

Yes he has been great, phenomenal at times but everyone sees how mindblowing he can/ will be.

The gab between him being phenomenal and having a good game is to big and thats why he's being critized easely but im convinced that will be better by getting older.

This season he stepped up already in the big games, something he lacked last season.

He's only 23 years old and its just a matter of time till he really " explode" and when he does there wont be any discussion who will be our POTY ;)

We having these debates because of his potential.

Yes he has been great, phenomenal at times but everyone sees how mindblowing he can/ will be.

The gab between him being phenomenal and having a good game is to big and thats why he's being critized easely but im convinced that will be better by getting older.

This season he stepped up already in the big games, something he lacked last season.

I think it's safe to say he is on track to fulfilling his potential. He has already achieved a lot in his short career having spent most of it at an average sized French club and in a tumultuous first season at Chelsea. This puts him at an obvious disadvantage to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi who had been at great teams from their teenage years. Can you imagine this is only Eden's first year playing in the Champions league knock-out phases? Many people forget these little (big really in terms of experience) things.

It's the fault of some of the fans not Eden or his performances. He doesn't deserve to be criticized because he has been blameless for virtually most of the season. If we are going to criticize our best player then we might as well criticize everyone at Chelsea.

Can't we just celebrate a player for his performance anymore instead of criticizing him for how good we want (expect) him to become? I think it's more healthy if we talk about the areas of his game he can improve on instead of building him up to the player we want him to be. That's the duty of Eden himself and the coaches not ours.

Our team is built on a solid defense. Learn to respect opinions instead of calling it bullshit. If you disagree you are welcome to. I'm not forcing it down your throat.

No. Our team is built on a solid defense that's true. But saying Azpi is more important than Hazard that's just wrong bullshit it's not an opinion.

No. Our team is built on a solid defense that's true. But saying Azpi is more important than Hazard that's just wrong bullshit it's not an opinion.

Well keep the sentence to yourself. What you're saying is not an opinion either, it's utter bullshit mixed into one sentence that is 110% wrong. Like how that feels?

Well keep the sentence to yourself. What you're saying is not an opinion either, it's utter bullshit mixed into one sentence that is 110% wrong. Like how that feel

You can have an opinion fine, but you are wrong. Hazard is much more important.

You can have an opinion fine, but you are wrong. Hazard is much more important.

And I say you're wrong. The defense is as much as important as the attack is. Said it before too, Hazard can have a hat-trick every game, wouldn't make a difference if we're letting in 4 goals every game either.

Stop the argument of who is important and who not it a collective work like @special Juan said, work together gives you more productivity than doing it individually feel me?

I was talking about who should win the POTY, not about importance.