test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

22,080 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hazard's lack of goals may be something that will dissuade Real Madrid from going after him, especially if Zidane gets sacked some time soon. If Hazard is seen as someone to replace Ronaldo or be one of their main attacking players, he'll be expected to score plenty of goals on a regular basis but I'm not sure if he has that in him at all, even in a more attacking side than us. Perez and Real may prefer to go after someone like Neymar, who not only can score lots of goals but also has that 'brand' and big personality to lead a big club like Real.

Madrid are like Man City and would get him just because they are flush (Royal patronage)

Bit extreme. A stepping stone, he's been here for 6 years. Don't think you can say he used us as a stepping stone.
I don't really blame him for wanting out tbh. Our ambition isn't what it used too be in the beginning of the Roman Abramovich era.
We now seem content with a top four finish and looking at our spending compared to that of City and United winning another PL title  seems very unlikely.(the way the situation currently is).

Fans are fickle as hell. Hazard was booed by fans in the 2015-2016 season and more then half the board on here wanted him out and was insulting him on these boards. 
The people who supported him in his bad times are a minority and pretty sure that most of them would understand why he'd leave. 
Players shouldn't base their career decisions on what the fans think. Players are "usable things" the moment they aren't of any use any more fans move on to the next.

Also Lampard went to City. Cech went to Arsenal. 2 club legends that had been here for 10 years+ and had an emotional connection with the fans yet both pretty much went "fuck the fans i'll choose what's best for me."

Honestly, the match fans never showed him the live he deserves. He doesn't have a standout chant, he's rarely praised during the matches by the crowd.
It's a rare case of Internet fans being more supportive than match going fans.
I know he's laid back, but I really think he was never given the love he deserves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Chels, Mufassir08 and Abreu03 like this

24 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Honestly, the match fans never showed him the live he deserves. He doesn't have a standout chant, he's rarely praised during the matches by the crowd.
I know he's laid back, but I really think he was never given the love he deserves.

That's not true to be honest. You live in Brazil so you don't really know what you're talking about. Here in the UK and with match going fans and fans hanging around pubs near the Bridge watching the game, Hazard is easily the most loved player. Just because he doesn't have a song doesn't mean much (and he should, that's absolutely ridiculous) lol. Even Drogba didn't necessarily have a song but Willian does. Has nothing to do with loving a player.

27 minutes ago, Barbara said:

It goes both ways as discussed in other threads: fans need (a least some) talent and definitely commitment.

eden has plenty of the former, but does not show enough of the latter, which affects how the fans see him.

(e. g. stop talking about fucking RM and zidane)

104 – Eden Hazard has had a hand in 104 goals in the Premier League for Chelsea (67 goals, 37 assists) – only Didier Drogba (159) and Frank Lampard (237) have been involved in more for the club. Icons.

That 1st goal was reminiscent of a goal he scored 4 years ago in the same month against Newcastle. He scored a hattrick that day, but his second goal was that excellent one-two with Eto'o and the quality finish which he placed in the corner of the net. Would love someone to post a clip of that. Was a brilliant goal and similar to the one he scored today. I think that game against Newcastle was when people really started to take notice of how special a player we had.

13 goals and 8 assists in 27 starts (7 sub apps). One assist in the last 10 games. Not bad. Maybe not this season due to injury, but I do feel like a good point for Eden to aim for (numbers wise) is something close to 40 goal contributions (apart from all the other things he brings to a game). Would’ve easily achieve this this season but guys around him don’t really know how to finish. 

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

104 – Eden Hazard has had a hand in 104 goals in the Premier League for Chelsea (67 goals, 37 assists) – only Didier Drogba (159) and Frank Lampard (237) have been involved in more for the club. Icons.

It’s weird how he doesn’t seem to be as mythical as those two. Some will say someone like Essien or Ashley Cole were bigger legends but evidence suggests otherwise.

If he gets us a CL he should be remembered as the best player to play for this club imo. 

Amblève. likes this

36 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

It’s weird how he doesn’t seem to be as mythical as those two. Some will say someone like Essien or Ashley Cole were bigger legends but evidence suggests otherwise.

If he gets us a CL he should be remembered as the best player to play for this club imo. 

Hazard has won 3 player of the year awards for Chelsea tied with Lampard and was the driving force behind 2 PL title.  People like to mythologize the past. Personally I've never heard anyone say that but anyone that puts those two ahead of him is stupid. At this point its only Lampard, Drogba and JT that are ahead. 

That's not true to be honest. You live in Brazil so you don't really know what you're talking about. Here in the UK and with match going fans and fans hanging around pubs near the Bridge watching the game, Hazard is easily the most loved player. Just because he doesn't have a song doesn't mean much (and he should, that's absolutely ridiculous) lol. Even Drogba didn't necessarily have a song but Willian does. Has nothing to do with loving a player.

Sorry, but you get a glimpse through TV too. It's not only chants. It's everything. Especially because it's England where fans respect a lot more personal space and don't have as much contact with the fans as here. I just feel there should be more appreciation displays. Rarely he has his named shouted by fans, as mentioned before, he's been booed before, something Chelsea fans don't do that often. Maybe it's not as bad there as it looks all way from here, but seeing how he's one of the few world class players we have, there should be worship to him *during* matches, but there isn't

The Chels likes this

39 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Sorry, but you get a glimpse through TV too. It's not only chants. It's everything. Especially because it's England where fans respect a lot more personal space and don't have as much contact with the fans as here. I just feel there should be more appreciation displays. Rarely he has his named shouted by fans, as mentioned before, he's been booed before, something Chelsea fans don't do that often. Maybe it's not as bad there as it looks all way from here, but seeing how he's one of the few world class players we have, there should be worship to him *during* matches, but there isn't

He has a chant (quite crap though tbh). The problem is that he doesn’t have a real connection with the fans, I think it has to do with the fact that match going fans don’t want to feel too attached to him because there’s always the potential that he’ll move to let’s say a Real Madrid. It’s unfortunate. 

The thing is Lampard and Drogba have a history of incredible Champions League performances. Both scored iconic goals vs Bayern and Barca and numerous other big game.

This could be the year for Eden. Courtois, Hazard, Morata will be itching to prove a point in the CL. Kante (and Christensen too) has never played in the competition in these stages. In spite of the team's struggles lately, I fancy them to turn up next week. 

I hope the atmosphere next week is like vs Napoli in 2012 or the Liverpool games in the 00's  

Amblève. and Leif like this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

He has a chant (quite crap though tbh). The problem is that he doesn’t have a real connection with the fans, I think it has to do with the fact that match going fans don’t want to feel too attached to him because there’s always the potential that he’ll move to let’s say a Real Madrid. It’s unfortunate. 

Or that he constantly talks about being interested in Real Madrid. Not going to endear himself to the fans if he's always having one elsewhere.

Supermonkey92 likes this

His strength again on show last night, gets hacked at time and time again and his main aim is stay up right and drive on...Beautiful to watch.

His second goal was wonderful.

I really really hope that Marina or someone else could do some blood magic to keep him at Chelsea for at least another 1 or 2 seasons. Even if we will not achieve the CL with this generation I think Hazard will be key to attracting other targets and achieving minimum goals like top 4 finish and occasional cup win to facilitate the rebuild this squad and club needs.

And to be considered on the same tier as Drogs, Lamps, JT, he needs to win the CL. He is probably the most talented player ever to don the shirt but I think the 4 major titles we won during his tenure are still short of the 13+ titles we won with our prior great generaton. Also we have to consider that our great legends won the CL and reached 5 semis and should have gone through 4 of them if not for a lot of dodgy refereeing and obvious manipulation. And don't tell me that our team overall was much better back then. We were full of average players back then too. We went through rough spells, the quality of coaches was really mixed but those great players were the reason we never fell apart and always made top 4 easily. I remember i really did not value the 4th place trophy back then but seeing how we are struggling now, it really was a great achievement being top 4 for 10 years straight. Also the 4+ fa cups we won meant something. With Drogba and Lampard on the field there was no opposition we could not beat. On our day we would always be the best team in the world.

18 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I believe Opta tweeted that after he scored his first goal? Should that be 105 instead of 104.

16 hours ago, Stats said:

That 1st goal was reminiscent of a goal he scored 4 years ago in the same month against Newcastle. He scored a hattrick that day, but his second goal was that excellent one-two with Eto'o and the quality finish which he placed in the corner of the net. Would love someone to post a clip of that. Was a brilliant goal and similar to the one he scored today. I think that game against Newcastle was when people really started to take notice of how special a player we had.

His second goal last night was somewhat similar to his second in that 5-0 win over Everton last season.

milan.cech and Stats like this

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

His second goal last night was somewhat similar to his second in that 5-0 win over Everton last season.

Exactly how I feel and what the goal reminded me of.

To some extent, the pass from Morata and the goal reminded me of Mata + Hazard vs West Ham too.