test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Just now, termninja said:

I think we can't put blame to 1 or 2 people, blame should be equally spread. Teams refusing to sell to us, players rejecting us, our transfer team being too slow, Conte sms message to Costa, Costa acting like a kid. Hopefully we can bring more players to provide cover and put everything behind us already.

But every Chelsea fan and his dog knew that it was essential for us to sign 2 new wingbacks to provide competition and there were literally a gazillion of them available during this window but we penny pinched for Danilo and Walker while we only "monitored" the likes of Aurier and Cancelo, Inter and Soton refused to budge on Candreva and Cedric respectively so we put all our eggs in the Ox basket without even confirming whether he even wanted to play in the position we were targeting him for! Can you believe it!! And the worst is that the best RWB available in the window literally moved for peanuts to Barca while we were caught up in our self inflicted Lukaku mess. Moving onto the left side, again it was apparent that once Juve had lost Bonucci and Alves, they were never gonna weaken their team even further by selling Sandro but our board daydreamed of him all summer while the more attainable targets like Mendy and Theo Hernendez were signed by City and Real respectively. Again we never got out of the "Monitoring" stage for Mendy while I doubt our board even knew abut the existence of Theo. And this is just the mess about the wing-back position, the whole Lukaku fiasco and the sale of Matic without even identifying a single replacement let alone lining up one have been monumental fuck ups by our board. Targeting a player like Drinkwater when other better players could be had for 40m or less like Fabinho, N'Zonzi, Krychowiak, Seri, Matuidi, Renato etc. 

As long he doesnt injure himself, these games are actualy good for his fitness and getting used to the match tempo again. 

Seems he wasnt rushed back either, so its good, I was afraid he will not recover properly, but thankfuly he did. 

If he survives next match, it will be good for us, he wont need as many games to get back in form in PL.

Hazard:

“I’m happy to have returned for a competitive game. 

"I’m ready to play Greece, but they’re certainly going to kick me, so it’s not ideal. The coach will decide. ”

Johnnyeye likes this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/01/chelsea-confident-antonio-conte-now-has-squad-capable-fighting/

Despite Chelsea spending over £180m this summer, the most significant piece of business could prove to be the signing of a certain Kylian Hazard from Hungarian club Ujpest. The 22-year-old has joined Chelsea’s development squad and will not be expected to make an impact in the Premier League or the Champions League, but his arrival might just help the Blues hang on to his brother Eden a little longer.

Chelsea’s next big task is to try to agree a new contract with Hazard and if they can do that then nobody will spend too long pining for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Dimitr, Fernando and Cripen like this

In my opinion, if anyone should be the captain of the team right now, it should be him. 

Not the most vocal or authoritative like JT, but on the pitch, easily the most level headed, mature and perhaps the most intelligent, more like Lampard, and leading by example.

And I remember how many cup finals and other matches we've won with Lampard wearing the arm-band

Add to that, its been almost 6 years since he has been with the club. Knows it from inside-out.

Johnnyeye likes this

Not starting against Greece today, it's a crucial game in which Belgium could seal their qualification for the WC and he said himself that the opponents would probably kick him. 

Perfect for Chelsea, if he comes in by the end of the game should things go south for Greece, might have a solid 90 minutes overall in the legs for Belgium this week, get back, make an appearance off the bench against Leicester and make his full return in our Champions League opener against Qarabag.

Still, I think he is 3 weeks or so ahead of his initial recovery Schedule announced in June, has to be delightfully surprised by his healing speed. 

Played for about 20 minutes against Greece, looked good and really sharp imo.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Any chance we'll see him start on the weekend?

Can't see it, i think Conte will ease him back in at a similar speed Hiddink did in 2016. Meaning between these 2 international break's he will probably start vs Qarabag and Forest but be super sub in the other's. Palace away will be his fulltime return to the lineup if i was a betting man.

Kezza likes this