Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard did play all the games with Lille and he seemed fine with it. But Rudi Garcia subbed him quite often around the 80th minute when the lead was confortable and the match practically won.

Also, he didn't have as exhausting defensive duties as he has with Chelsea. By the way he has improved in that aspect in a way I would never think possible before, he's less reluctant to put the foot in and steal more and more balls from the opponent's feet. That's very good, but it has to have an impact on his offensive play, especially at the end of the match when he's more tired.

I also hope Mourinho either rotates him more (Schurrle, Rémy, Salah can also do the job) either frees him of some of his current defensive duties. He has not the stamina and i doubt he will, to do what Mourinho asks of him, 90 minutes week in week out, without any drops throughout the whole season.

It's something I don't really understand about Mourinho. Arguably our best defender is Azpilicueta, who plays on the same flank as Hazard, but Hazard's defensive burden still remains high for some reason. I get that he wants to make Eden a more all-rounded player, but this seems a bit excessive..

It's something I don't really understand about Mourinho. Arguably our best defender is Azpilicueta, who plays on the same flank as Hazard, but Hazard's defensive burden still remains high for some reason. I get that he wants to make Eden a more all-rounded player, but this seems a bit excessive..

Probably more in preparation for the bigger CL games where Jose's system requires wingers to track their men all the way. But a system in which one defensive lapse in concentration by your most attacking player costs you (Atletico twice last year) is not a very good system in the first place IMO as it relies too much on perfection (and a lot of luck).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/12/john-terry-chelsea-jose-mourinho

Chelsea, meanwhile, are confident Hazard will sign a new five-year contract in the new year which is likely to establish the Belgian as the highest-earning player at the league leaders. Talks have been protracted over the terms of the contract, with Hazard currently operating without an agent.

“But there are no problems,” said Mourinho. “It will be soon, but I’m not worried because they are almost there. He’s not worried with ‘almost’. The club knows that ‘almost’ will become ‘done’, no problem.”

Didn't know he's operating without an agent right now..

The Iranian nuclear talks are taking less time!

The what?

John Bico was their manager but there were some issues with Thorgan and Anderlecht, he kinda promissed that Thorgan would go to them but he still had a loan contract with zulte at the time so the deal was off.

The Hazard family broke with him and Eden has been without a manager since then

Lovely assist for Costa who hadn't been getting much service recently. He looked to have that little burst of speed back that he didn't have against Newcastle.

Does Hazard really need to play against Derby? Another week off (next game after Derby is on a Monday) could really allow him to get his legs back before the flurry of games.