test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

You're perhaps missing that 8 out of 10 players can't highlight any other club they'd feel prouder to represent; Zidane is his idol, everyone from here to Australia knows he'd win more trophies there and as a respectable sportsman, that's logically what he'd chase. The fact that the quality of life is better there regardless of his family being settled here, the fact it's right beside France of his native tongue, the fact he'd finally have the marketing power to be considered the best in the world - if that's what he wants. 

He might stay, he might go. But to presume that he'll 'clearly' do either is silly. And to disregard the points I just highlighted is silly. To not find it fishy that he hasn't just said 'Madrid? That was my dream club - until I moved to Chelsea.' is fishy.

A player tells you proudly when they want to be at your club for life, either through their words or actions. In our current team, those consist of - Cahill, Terry, Moses, and Kante I'm sure. Before, from Drogba to Cole to Terry to Lampard, we had clear messages of - 'WE WANT TO STAY. FANS, YOU BETTER DAMN CONVINCE ROMAN NOT TO MAKE US LEAVE, WE LOVE IT HERE.' There is none of that from Hazard. He goes with the flow; and if the flow means Madrid knocking at his door, obviously he's going to entertain it.

I think there's more signs in the universe that he'll end up leaving us while retaining incredible value, than there are signs he'll be staying here 'forever' like our old guard, dropping in value, then being shipped off to some small team. I mean which story reads better? And as humans, aren't we all trying to write the most incredible story we can for our lives? I'd rather tell my grandkid I played for Real Madrid than for Chelsea, even if I had a better bond with CFC. Why do you think Suarez happily left Liverpool for Barcelona? Why did Bale leave Tottenham for Madrid? Why did Ronaldo leave Manchester for Madrid? Answer me why, other than those being absolutely shit cities (as is London, truly), and then answer me why Eden is different. Because he's more carefree & less intense? For me, those ingredients are a recipe for a lack of passion - which is fine - just don't expect it to be there! 

mediator and Mufassir08 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

I'm really surprised. Why everyone has already sold him?

He's said many times he doesn't want to leave at the moment and he'll say if he wants to(as he did at Lille). He won't play in this RM team. He values his family a lot and it is reported he loves the fact they are settled in London. There is actually ZERO real indication that he, himself, wants to leave. On top of that, the club do NOT want to sell and want to give him a new contract. So, what am I missing here?

 

Note, that I have said, that at some point he will leave for Real, but let's be honest, why now? I just makes NO sense. And people actually want us to replace him with Isco? You know how reactionary people are, just because he's dropped fantastic performances in recent weeks. Isco is nowhere near Eden and I'm one of his biggest fans.

Calm your ass, no one said Isco is as good as Hazard or want him to replace Eden. It was if you are going to lose Hazard then getting Isco in return would soften the blow somewhat. 

Isco is a great player in his own right, not as impactful and influential as Hazard, but he can do things Hazard couldn't do from creativity and passing.

If Isco wasent at Real Madrid, he would Walk in to Barcelona midfield. He is a great player.

if you admit Hazard will one day move to Madrid, what is wrong with the timing? When is a better time?

He has proven everything in England, only critique of him is unproven in CL. Can Chelsea challenge with the best of them and does Hazard believe it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isco is excellent really. If there is any movement with Hazard, we should ask for Isco and Morata plus money. 

 

As for Hazard, I don't think he will leave us this summer, he would probably want to see what he can do with us in the Champions League and then see.

The Skipper and DYC. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leif said:

Before, from Drogba to Cole to Terry to Lampard, we had clear messages of - 'WE WANT TO STAY. FANS, YOU BETTER DAMN CONVINCE ROMAN NOT TO MAKE US LEAVE, WE LOVE IT HERE.'

DD, JT and Lamps all flirted with various clubs (Inter, Barcelona, Man City from the top of my head) to leverage their contracts. I don't think JT ever seriously considered leaving, but DD and Lamps have admitted that at a certain point they were considering the offers (Drogba at the beginning of his Chels career and after Jose left, Lampard after Jose left). Lampard also with that City fiasco. So even our most die-hard legends at one point weren't as loyal as we think, but because they eventually stayed and went on to cement their legendary status further, we ignore that fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Calm your ass, no one said Isco is as good as Hazard or want him to replace Eden. It was if you are going to lose Hazard then getting Isco in return would soften the blow somewhat. 

Isco is a great player in his own right, not as impactful and influential as Hazard, but he can do things Hazard couldn't do from creativity and passing.

If Isco wasent at Real Madrid, he would Walk in to Barcelona midfield. He is a great player.

if you admit Hazard will one day move to Madrid, what is wrong with the timing? When is a better time?

He has proven everything in England, only critique of him is unproven in CL. Can Chelsea challenge with the best of them and does Hazard believe it?

 

Mate, I am the guy who was spreading Isco propaganda 24/7, so what is your problem? 

 

As I said, these are YOUR thoughts, not facts. So, how does that deny what I just said? 

 

Another extremely rude, knee-jerk reaction from professors on here. This forum's really turned into something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Hazard will be here next year then after World Cup 2018 he will want to move as the next big Galactico. Surely Ronaldo will have moved to striker by then which would give them Hazard/Ronaldo/Bale(and whoever else they buy). He will be 27 and ready for a new challenge, hopefully then Conte will have established his style of play and the board can support him with what we need to be successful moving forward. 

Mceachran likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Mate, I am the guy who was spreading Isco propaganda 24/7, so what is your problem? 

 

As I said, these are YOUR thoughts, not facts. So, how does that deny what I just said? 

 

Another extremely rude, knee-jerk reaction from professors on here. This forum's really turned into something else.

Calm your ass; I use that phrase quite often with my friends when they get heated or overreact over silly and random stuff. It wasent ment to be rude, without vocal  tone I see it has no place on the forum. So I apologize.

Word of advice though you should reread your own posts before calling others rude.

Not everybody has sold Hazard, one poster said it best this speculation will only rest this summer; when Hazard makes it definitive. I think he will stay but it wouldn't surprise if he left.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Calm your ass; I use that phrase quite often with my friends when they get heated or overreact over silly and random stuff. It wasent ment to be rude, without vocal  tone I see it has no place on the forum. So I apologize.

Word of advice though you should reread your own posts before calling others rude.

Not everybody has sold Hazard, one poster said it best this speculation will only rest this summer; when Hazard makes it definitive. I think he will stay but it wouldn't surprise if he left.

 

It was metaphorically speaking. We have zero actual indication Hazard would want to leave and Conte seems intent on building around him, as he already is the focal point of our team. Hopefully, we manage exactly that. 

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conte has admitted he can't guarantee that Hazard will stay at #Chelsea, saying the 'will of the player' could be a vital factor. [Mail]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Surely Ronaldo will have moved to striker by then

This has been the argument for years and it is not going to happen. 

1. He said it a couple times he does not like playing at that position

2. This is related to no 1, playing as striker this days require you to be more than just goalscorer, you cannot just stay wide and make run into the box which is how Ronaldo score most of his goals. You have to be the reference point, hold the ball, make selfless run to create space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, the wes said:

Conte has admitted he can't guarantee that Hazard will stay at #Chelsea, saying the 'will of the player' could be a vital factor. [Mail]

The complete quote was that he couldn't guarantee Eden's or any other player's future. Too much baiting going on.

Quote

"I think that it's impossible for me to take this responsibility.
"Not only for Eden, but for every single player.


Not that I'm saying there's no chance he won't go to Real but too much biting over a relatively simple answer. This happens every once in a while, more-so after Real suffer with a recent result.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If hazard was to leave for Real I hope we don't piss the money up a wall like spurs did with the bale money but I got a feeling hazard will stay for another season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If hazard was to leave for Real I hope we don't piss the money up a wall like spurs did with the bale money but I got a feeling hazard will stay for another season 

We aren't that type of club. I'd just be worried about the club not going for a similar calibre of player and going for the Willian/Cuadrado's of this world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

We aren't that type of club. I'd just be worried about the club not going for a similar calibre of player and going for the Willian/Cuadrado's of this world.

I agree mate theres not more out there who are on the same level has hazard who would  be available I think we going to have buy a player whos going have the potential to be world class like of Mbappe or B. Sliva 

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

We aren't that type of club. I'd just be worried about the club not going for a similar calibre of player and going for the Willian/Cuadrado's of this world.

Finding hazard class player is so difficult. We are talking about a player where you can just give him the ball and tell him go create something for us. And he can deliver more often than not. 

People say mbappe, sorry I watched some of his game. He is exciting player but not even close to Hazard at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finding hazard class player is so difficult. We are talking about a player where you can just give him the ball and tell him go create something for us. And he can deliver more often than not. 
People say mbappe, sorry I watched some of his game. He is exciting player but not even close to Hazard at this time. 


Neymar or Griezmann would be good replacements. We'll receive big money, so we need to reinvest it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.