David Luiz

the wes

I absolutely love him, but he's still got lots to learn. He's still trying to get in front of the attacker all the time and he could have easily lost us points.... I honestly don't know what his role should be against United this weekend. His lack of discipline could be damaging; but at the same time his pace, explosiveness and creativity could be huge assets for us. I would have liked to see him get some minutes at DM position, but Old Trafford is probably not the best place to test it for the first time.

Incredible finish. Hitting it first time and curling it past the keeper .... genius. Not sure people fully understand the difficulty of that strike, top quality strikers would have skied that one high into the stands.

His exuberance remains a worry, arguably should have been sent off much before he scored.

His exuberance remains a worry, arguably should have been sent off much before he scored.

That was so speculative though. Hated when commentator kept banging on about it. Purely because, if he picked up that first yellow, there's no way he would've made the other silly tackle which he did get booked for.

Agree about the quality of the shot though!

That was so speculative though. Hated when commentator kept banging on about it. Purely because, if he picked up that first yellow, there's no way he would've made the other silly tackle which he did get booked for.

Agree about the quality of the shot though!

Brilliantly placed, lets have another like that on Sunday !

As for the man himself 3 times as many goals in half the appearances of another signing :whistling:

What a signing ! We have made a very good deal there. A really good defender who has a lot of potential !

Plus, if you take a look, he has scored three goals so far - which is pretty good for a defender - and all those goals were important ! He scored the equalizer against United ; he scored the opener against ManCity and against Leverkusen.

I hope he regains his place in the starting XI.

Purely because, if he picked up that first yellow, there's no way he would've made the other silly tackle which he did get booked for.

Not sure about that. He was already on a yellow when he went and ploughed into Shrek last season at the Bridge.

It's amazing how good his english is after so short time.

Back to him being reckless it fucking annoys me when people use that as a excuse to say he cannot defend when Vidic does what Luiz does but 10 times worse, if ref's had balls Vidic would get sent off 90% of the time he steps on the field. Also Vidic has made some key cock ups in big games before, letting Eto's and Toure past him so easy in the CL final and FA Cup semi prime examples, while Luiz can be a bit reckless sometimes atleast he has class about him, Vidic version of defending is kicking players into thin air, handball's that Suarez would be proud off and tugging shirts back of any player with skill or pace.

It annoys me that Luiz get's labelled a accident waiting to happen but Vidic is 10 times more clumsy than Luiz yet gets branded the best defender in the world for it, its a joke. I dont think i have ever seen a defender or even a player as horrendusly over-rated as Vidic in my life.

rant over but had to be said.