The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

was thinking the same. Why do Arsenal not donate their place to a team that actually plays with passion and actually hits the ball when given the chance not passing it to the opposition's goalie? I'd honestly expect Leicester or even Tottenham not to be that stupid or "unlucky" as they might say. Not a bad performance by them but their worst result vs Barca in a home game for years. I remember 2-1, 2-2 and 1-2s in their 3 meetings before at the emirates, each at the round of the last 16 but with worse teams and no Cech. Would be an absolute shame for the Premier League if they were to win anything this season. 

Vinci said:
Pique did that on purpose so he is suspended for the return?

The ****ing arrogance of these Barca ****s. How can you not hate every single one of those ****s.

Need to take a few of them down a peg when we play them in Spain. Maybe get Flamini to do a job on them, would be a nice bit of redemption for him before we finally get rid in the summer.

Vinci likes this.

"I feel so ****ing deflated. What a disappointment this has been.

We can't finish to save our lives. We don't have any urgency in our play either. And what the **** was Wenger thinking bringing Flamini for the final 10 minutes.

Send the kids to Barcelona. Utter utter disappointment.

Ow yeah, and **** you Barcelona "

"The saddest part of this is that we were actually the better team for 70 minutes."

Arsnela is not us, they have bad tactic for match vs Barcelona. What Weneger thought? Play open match with Barcelona when your striker is Giroud? This couldnt end good. Also Messi&Neymar played very well and when we fought with Barcelona, we played different tactic and Catalonia players wasnt in good performance.

10 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Busquets is an emperor.

He was already a world-class player, though since Xavi has stepped down (and Iniesta as well in some sense) he has reached a whole new level. He has always been a key player for Barcelona (and Spain) and always heavely involved in the building of their game, but always as an 'assistant to Xavi and Iniesta. Now he has responsabilities and he handles perfectly ; his new status in Barcelona's game building puts emphazes upon his vision and anticipation — two qualities of his that are out of this world. On top of that, he is the best passer of the ball I have ever seen (at least in term of precision) — he is so good at it that even if he was only doing back-heels he would still be a better passer than 98% of our squad. I love him.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Love seeing that skinny rat long coated twat run down the tunnel after they have been completely shit on at home. Wenger :lol:

Brings on Flamini and he immediately gives away a penalty, securing their knock-out. I laughed so hard when that happened.

Wenger is too loyal. He'll hold on to players even if they're either poor or past it.

Don't like to say it but Arsenal should probably have scored twice in the first half which would of completely changed the game and given them a huge advantage as they could continuously counter Barca if they managed to keep a good shape and let Barca over commit going forward. Little margins are so crucial in big games.

3 minutes ago, Peace. said:

He was already a world-class player, though since Xavi has stepped down (and Iniesta as well in some sense) he has reached a whole new level. He has always been a key player for Barcelona (and Spain) and always heavely involved in the building of their game, but always as an 'assistant to Xavi and Iniesta. Now he has responsabilities and he handles perfectly ; his new status in Barcelona's game building puts emphazes upon his vision and anticipation — two qualities of his that are out of this world. On top of that, he is the best passer of the ball I have ever seen (at least in term of precision) — he is so good at it that even if he was only doing back-heels he would still be a better passer than 98% of our squad. I love him.

Been in love with him since World Cup 2010. He blows my mind. He's always several steps ahead of his opponents.

And yes, his progression has been a joy to watch. He was already a legend but he's in his prime now and his level is quite frightening. His impact on Barca is immense, they're considerably weaker without him.

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Love seeing that skinny rat long coated twat run down the tunnel after they have been completely shit on at home. Wenger :lol:

I really dislike Wenger and hate the north London club with a passion but I'd rather he managed them than someone good! Hes going to be geting his gold watch next year after putting in his 20 and lets just hope Van Gal takes over from him.

Allegri fields two players upfront, but what good is it for when he puts all of his players behind the ball for most of the time?

There were times yesterday when all of his players including the two strikers were in the box to defend...

Mourinho would have been slaughtered for doing the exact thing.

I don't have a problem with getting Allegri, but the moaning will be sky high when we play this way...?

Just watched that Bayern vs Juve match. Wow a true tale of two halves really.

Alegri may have lost the tie in those opening 55mins, but kudos to Juve for fixing it in the second half. Still didn't use the height to their advantage except for like that final 20mins. 

So sad watching that game though, couldn't help but keep thinking about this Chelsea side, and how limited tactically and talented we are. There's no way we would dominate, any European match AWAY from home.. And we don't have the flexibility of that Juve side to change our approach in game and successfully carry them out in a winning fashion. 

oh, and Arsenal.. :lol:

11 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Allegri fields two players upfront, but what good is it for when he puts all of his players behind the ball for most of the time?

There were times yesterday when all of his players including the two strikers were in the box to defend...

Mourinho would have been slaughtered for doing the exact thing.

I don't have a problem with getting Allegri, but the moaning will be sky high when we play this way...?

For the most part of the first 55 mins Juve were forced back because Allegri uncharacteristically got it very wrong, particularly on the wings. We needed proper defensive fullbacks with proper wingers in front of them to stop Bayern's strength which comes mainly from Robben and Ribery. He did make a couple of excellent subs though that salvaged some hope.