Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

• 1 month later...

Brilliant composure infront of the goal, and great strength to stay keen on scoring.

Can't wait for him to start showing that kind of play in a blue shirt next season!

but will the Blue shirt be the Chelsea one ... I would love to see him playing for us but the prospect of it happening seems to becoming more remote.

SUCH A PITY

We should use Swansea as a loanee club now.

Brendan Rogers wouldn't mind helping us out, and after Sinclair & Borini he'd vouch for the players we send. It's worth considering..

:goodpost: I trust Brendan.

• 1 month later...

Sad huh.. I still believe in him, though not as a winger.

Really?

I think he could be a great winger personally. Good pace and control on him. Not sure about his crossing though since I haven't seen much of him there. Though if attacking mid is really his natural position, then he should be allowed to play there. Fulham wasn't the best spell for him in that regard.

Really?

I think he could be a great winger personally. Good pace and control on him. Not sure about his crossing though since I haven't seen much of him there. Though if attacking mid is really his natural position, then he should be allowed to play there. Fulham wasn't the best spell for him in that regard.

Yeah he has good control and he's pretty explosive (but after that he's not fastest from what I've seen, players like Malouda and Kalou have more pace over long distances). But he doesn't think like a winger, well that's the impression I got from his performances on the wing. He'd much rather pass, through ball or link-up play, than dribble/run (and cross).

AM is definitely his natural position so he would have to be converted into a winger but if it was up to me, I'd just play him in his natural role.

Yeah he has good control and he's pretty explosive (but after that he's not fastest from what I've seen, players like Malouda and Kalou have more pace over long distances). But he doesn't think like a winger, well that's the impression I got from his performances on the wing. He'd much rather pass, through ball or link-up play, than dribble/run (and cross).

AM is definitely his natural position so he would have to be converted into a winger but if it was up to me, I'd just play him in his natural role.

That's true. I do remember in the game against Blackburn when he made a 10minute stint, he tried to feed into Zamora whenever he could. Problem is for youngsters, in any team, the AM position is so over-competitive that players with the quality to be in the squad (like Kakuta) often have to be played out-of-position because their one is filled. The fact we're chasing 22-year old Pastore proves that point straight off the bat. It's very hard for Kakuta to usurp a player we might pay £44million for.

That's true. I do remember in the game against Blackburn when he made a 10minute stint, he tried to feed into Zamora whenever he could. Problem is for youngsters, in any team, the AM position is so over-competitive that players with the quality to be in the squad (like Kakuta) often have to be played out-of-position because their one is filled. The fact we're chasing 22-year old Pastore proves that point straight off the bat. It's very hard for Kakuta to usurp a player we might pay £44million for.

True. I'd loan him out one more season, where he'll actually be starter, and let him fight for a starter spot, at least 1st choice back-up, when he gets back (don't think we'll get Pastore btw and hope we don't).

True. I'd loan him out one more season, where he'll actually be starter, and let him fight for a starter spot, at least 1st choice back-up, when he gets back (don't think we'll get Pastore btw and hope we don't).

Yeah, though it's very hard to do this and pressure the clubs we loan him to, to use him properly. I actually think Hughes wanted to utilize Kakuta how we wanted, but luck just went against him with pressure on Fulham to stay in the first half of the table and a lot of competition ahead of him. Especially with Demebele returning to form.

Brendan Rogers might be willing to take him on and develop him or even West Brom with Roy Hodgson. Whatever the club, they must be in the Premier League.

Young players are rarely played in central positions cause on the wing or near the sidelines the risk of giving them responsibility is greatly reduced and they can take advantage of their pace and explosiveness.

This is why successful central defenders, midfielders or forwards at a young age are a rare sight in comparison to young left backs,right backs and wingers.

Both Sturridge and Kakuta will have to live with that fact until they either establish themselves or move on.

Young players are rarely played in central positions cause on the wing or near the sidelines the risk of giving them responsibility is greatly reduced and they can take advantage of their pace and explosiveness.

This is why successful central defenders, midfielders or forwards at a young age are a rare sight in comparison to young left backs,right backs and wingers.

Both Sturridge and Kakuta will have to live with that fact until they either establish themselves or move on.

Precisely. It's a great shame, but it's one not uncommon.

Can only hope the manager will see this and find a way to give these players a chance in such positions. It is naive thinking, but it's a hope I hold. Not as much with Sturridge as with Kakuta however.

• 3 weeks later...

Heyo guys.

I think it will be nice for us to send him out on loan to Aston Villa if the Nzogbia move fails. I kinda feel the position vacanted by Ashely Young will help Kakuta to grow and develop. The AMC role yet drifting into the wing at times.

If Nzogbia's move passes through, I think we can still send Kakuta out to Wigan(although I don't really like Martinez's youth policy) to try to fill up the void left by nzogbia.