test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,474 posts in this topic

Watching him against Arsenal in the youth cup semi-final now. This kid is going to be a top, top player. He already has everything you want in a midfielder. No wonder Barcelona were sniffing after him.

I thought the same about Kakuta.. He was magical.

I don't like Colkett that much, his left foot is really good but I don't think he's as talented as RLC or Solanke.

The three best players for us on the pitch today were Solanke, RLC and Christensen, and IMO that's no coincidence as they were also the most talented players on the pitch.

Props has to go to Adi Viveash for getting these lads to play very good football too. Our academy is fantastic, hopefully we'll start seeing more lads coming through very soon now that it looks like we have managerial stability.

Yeah I mistakenly omitted Christiansen. He is a majestic player.You know it's funny because there was this big article on him at the Daily Mail, criticizing the fact we pay him 20,000 pounds a week (crazy that). We got a lot of stick for that. What got me thinking was Oscar's wages. From what I know, Oscar earns something ridiculously low, in the 30,000-40,000 a week bracket. Oscar really deserves a new contract.

The Skipper and Tomo like this

I thought the same about Kakuta.. He was magical.

he never did anything against pro opposition though

BLCABRJCAAABaei.jpg

Yeah I mistakenly omitted Christiansen. He is a majestic player.You know it's funny because there was this big article on him at the Daily Mail, criticizing the fact we pay him 20,000 pounds a week (crazy that). We got a lot of stick for that. What got me thinking was Oscar's wages. From what I know, Oscar earns something ridiculously low, in the 30,000-40,000 a week bracket. Oscar really deserves a new contract.

the wages posted by the mail are pure fiction. his father has come out and said , he earns only a fraction of that

i feel we have to be brave with rlc, give him a chance ourselves , don't put his development in danger ,by loaning him to some pisspot championship club. too much potential to mess with.

Neil Ashton lied, Andreas' father came out and said this:

"It is completely out of proportion, what the Daily Mail has written about Andreas' salary. It is tasteless and very far from reality. Yes, it's bad, nowhere near what Andreas makes at Chelsea."

Source

Just another typical hate article from the DM.

The Mak and MrExcalibur100 like this

Unfortunately RLC is the Chalobah of 2 years ago the same way Chalobah was the Mceacheran of 4 years ago the same way josh was the Jack cork of 6 years ago. It's a never ending vicious cycle. unless we change our attitude of being overly cautions and prioritizing only on established players. nothing will change.

Unfortunately RLC is the Chalobah of 2 years ago the same way Chalobah was the Mceacheran of 4 years ago the same way josh was the Jack cork of 6 years ago. It's a never ending vicious cycle. unless we change our attitude of being overly cautions and prioritizing only on established players. nothing will change.

It's about stability. You can't keep sacking managers the way we've done in the Abramovich era and expect to bring in youth players at the same time. It makes no sense because when the new guy comes in, he brings in his own ideas.

Case in point McEachran. The boy had the world at his feet under Ancelotti and even looked a step above some of the senior players. What happens? We sack Ancelotti and bring in AVB. AVB has his own ideas and is under pressure to perform instantly. He brings in Romeu.

Hopefully all the noises we've been hearing about stability from Jose are the same noises being communicated by Roman. We need stability at this football club, god dammit! And Jose is the guy to bring it, fingers crossed. :blue scalf:

Why am I not surprised. Ashton is a fucking disgrace to journalism. He damages the club's reputation publicly and there's nothing we do about it. That's the same idiot who hounded AVB out of Spurs.

you have it spot on ,,, but he is typical of the Mail ,,, We all know them its why we call them them The Daily Hate Mail .. or something that rhymes with Wit

and smells nasty

It's about stability. You can't keep sacking managers the way we've done in the Abramovich era and expect to bring in youth players at the same time. It makes no sense because when the new guy comes in, he brings in his own ideas.

Case in point McEachran. The boy had the world at his feet under Ancelotti and even looked a step above some of the senior players. What happens? We sack Ancelotti and bring in AVB. AVB has his own ideas and is under pressure to perform instantly. He brings in Romeu.

Hopefully all the noises we've been hearing about stability from Jose are the same noises being communicated by Roman. We need stability at this football club, god dammit! And Jose is the guy to bring it, fingers crossed. :blue scalf:

While I agree that stability is key. The manager must also be committed to the youth development mandate otherwise it's pointless and I have major doubt Mourinho is the right man to bring through the youth. This was suppose to be a transition year yet no youngster/youth player have been awarded minutes on the pitch.

He's a master tactician and a winner but a believer in youth development and nurturing he ain't.

guddy69 and Muzchap like this

While I agree that stability is key. The manager must also be committed to the youth development mandate otherwise it's pointless and I have major doubt Mourinho is the right man to bring through the youth. This was suppose to be a transition year yet no youngster/youth player have been awarded minutes on the pitch.

I agree ... I dont see ANY from the Academy making even the squad

I agree ... I dont see ANY from the Academy making even the squad

It's their own fault for being little tiny horses deprived of milk and nourishment. We don't have any stallion in the academy.

Muzchap likes this

Mourinho refrered to Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and KDB as 'babies' at the start of the season. That's four international players who cost the club about 80m.

RLC or any other young player won't be getting into the Chelsea team any time soon. They will have to go and play somewhere else for 3-4 years and be exceptional before being considered.

zolayes, lucio, The Mak and 1 other like this

Mourinho refrered to Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and KDB as 'babies' at the start of the season. That's four international players who cost the club about 80m.

RLC or any other young player won't be getting into the Chelsea team any time soon. They will have to go and play somewhere else for 3-4 years and be exceptional before being considered.

MATIC ...........

Styles likes this

MATIC ...........

The stakes are too high here and all this guff about long-term management/stability doesn't change that fact. Luke Shaw is developing into a quality player by consistently playing football at a steady club. He has made 62 Premier League apps by the age of 18. RLC should be sold to a decent club with a buy-back clause, and that goes for every good young player we have coming through.

Strike likes this

Yo, Benfica, you in need of a midfielder? And some other players?

Central midfield types to Benfica, attacking mids to Vitesse? Sounds like a plan to me.

I hear too much talking about the club having to get these player into first team. No. With a club like ours its up to these players to give the club no choice but to bring them into first team, the club owes our young players not a single second on the pitch for first team Chelsea until they earn it.

Sidzeret likes this

Don't quite understand the mentality of people who see a young man put in consistently dominant performances like RLC does and decide that he has no future at this club. No surprises that it's the same miserable souls constantly doing that, but where's the joy for them in supporting a football club??

Maybe they don't need a blue club - maybe they need a blue pill.

StrategiC likes this

Don't quite understand the mentality of people who see a young man put in consistently dominant performances like RLC does and decide that he has no future at this club. No surprises that it's the same miserable souls constantly doing that, but where's the joy for them in supporting a football club??

Maybe they don't need a blue club - maybe they need a blue pill.

He was brilliant and I enjoyed it, friend. :)

I only see 2 or 3 players from the youth team make it in the Chelsea squad. Him, Musonda and Chalobah I think those are the most gifted ones.