Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

If attack is the best form of defence why do Real have such a shit record vs Atletico this season and why have we been seeing off those type of teams for years?

So based on one season, attack is not the best form of defence??? Why are Madrid not doing good? because they arent playing as a team. Records are taking priorities over team.

Talking about examples, Man United is the best example of attacking football, not just for one season ... they have won record titles by playing attacking football.

Seeing off those types of teams by playing defensive was a good 3 years back when we won the CL ... The title before that was under Ancelotti when we played aggressive football.

Jose philosophy is to be compact and defensive (most of the time) which he is a master at, he has won titles based on it. He is probably the only exception to the system in modern day football. But that doesnt change the fact that attack will keep the opposition on the back foot. Again that my opinion.

If attack is the best form of defence why do Real have such a shit record vs Atletico this season and why have we been seeing off those type of teams for years?

YOU mean we always beat them ??? you are now such an apologist for Jose ..you arent worth reading any more

Yeah, we will offer €30M and Wolfsburg will agree. That will definitely happen. Some people here live in dream worlds and need to come of their cloud. The double of €30M won't even be enough to buy him this summer.

Yeah, we will offer €30M and Wolfsburg will agree. That will definitely happen. Some people here live in dream worlds and need to come of their cloud. The double of €30M won't even be enough to buy him this summer.

You must remember tho KDB will be longing to return and play again for "the special one "

So based on one season, attack is not the best form of defence??? Why are Madrid not doing good? because they arent playing as a team. Records are taking priorities over team.

Talking about examples, Man United is the best example of attacking football, not just for one season ... they have won record titles by playing attacking football.

Seeing off those types of teams by playing defensive was a good 3 years back when we won the CL ... The title before that was under Ancelotti when we played aggressive football.

Jose philosophy is to be compact and defensive (most of the time) which he is a master at, he has won titles based on it. He is probably the only exception to the system in modern day football. But that doesnt change the fact that attack will keep the opposition on the back foot. Again that my opinion.

Madrid are too attacking, the main point is solid counter attacking teams (Atletico) will beat attack based teams like Madrid more often than not.

And I wasn't talking about the CL win, I was more on about few years before that, look at how Ancelotti approached our games against Arsenal or how Hiddink nullified Barca by being solid and hitting them on the counter.

Teams who think fuck it lets attack at all costs don't get anywhere in the grand scheme of things.

Also Real aren't doing good for their standards, they spent millions and still remain in Barcelonas shadow.

And you cite United, Fergie was also quite adaptable especially in his later years, he often "parked the bus" in big games in order to get the result, he did so at the Nou Camp in 2008 with arguably his best ever team.

YOU mean we always beat them ??? you are now such an apologist for Jose ..you arent worth reading any more

I wasn't talking solely about Jose, even between Jose tenures, look at how we beat Arsenal all the time, Stay solid, let them do there pointless passing, then counter them knowing Wenger is an idiot who will commit so many men forward and we score.

Although no one should ever be a Jose apologist, he is only the most successful manager in the clubs history after all!!!!!!!

I wasn't talking solely about Jose, even between Jose tenures, look at how we beat Arsenal all the time, Stay solid, let them do there pointless passing, then counter them knowing Wenger is an idiot who will commit so many men forward and we score.

Although no one should ever be a Jose apologist, he is only the most successful manager in the clubs history after all!!!!!!!

I think some Chelsea fans forget what Jose means our club sometimes.

some fans think he is bigger than the club ,, a view he seems to share

In what way???

That's a huge assumption. If someone is an outspoken person, people see them as arrogant thats the way the world is. Every one can't be one shy cinderella

Madrid are too attacking, the main point is solid counter attacking teams (Atletico) will beat attack based teams like Madrid more often than not.

And I wasn't talking about the CL win, I was more on about few years before that, look at how Ancelotti approached our games against Arsenal or how Hiddink nullified Barca by being solid and hitting them on the counter.

Teams who think fuck it lets attack at all costs don't get anywhere in the grand scheme of things.

Also Real aren't doing good for their standards, they spent millions and still remain in Barcelonas shadow.

And you cite United, Fergie was also quite adaptable especially in his later years, he often "parked the bus" in big games in order to get the result, he did so at the Nou Camp in 2008 with arguably his best ever team.

Look like your taking the literal meaning of "Attack being the best form of defence" ... An attacking team doesnt mean group of 11 players running like headless chicken into the opponent half, it is a team sport and there always a plan. At Madrid, it is like a team within a team currently ... Ronaldo wants records broken which is having an adverse effect on the team, it doesnt matter if they are too attacking or not if they dont play like a team.

Talking about grand scheme of things, United achieved a lot playing the same system under Fergie for 20+ yrs. Yes Fergie adapted in certain game to see what the opponents had to offer and based on it they use to attack the game. Jose does it with every big game or whenever we go ahead. I like the idea once or twice to just play deep, let the opponent have the ball and make chances... Nice strategy to have once or twice to have the opposition guessing not every time. Whenever we get into big game, most of use guess our gameplay right ... dont we? Where is the element of surprise?

Ancelotti/Hiddink/Grant/RDM: They adapted to the situation which is fine ... being predictable is not atleast not with a team like Chelsea where we so much quality.

I'm not completely disagreeing with what you are saying but I believe we need to move on and evolve as a club specially with the quality we have not only in the first team but in our youth as well. I understand in 2004 we never had won a PL title so we did whatever we could to get that ... probably same goes with the CL ... So now lets evolve in our gameplan, do justice to the quality we have.

I think some Chelsea fans forget what Jose means our club sometimes.

He is Legend! And what ever he does in his life time and beyond, He always be a Legend at the club. No fan will ever forget that.

Fans with common sense will criticize players/managers/board/legends if the going is not in the right direction. Whats the point in being blinded and just nod our heads to whats happening ... What is the point of having this forum if we cannot voice our opinion ... Just because someone has a strong opinion about anyone/anything within the club doesnt being he a less fan than the person criticising him.

He is Legend! And what ever he does in his life time and beyond, He always be a Legend at the club. No fan will ever forget that.

Fans with common sense will criticize players/managers/board/legends if the going is not in the right direction. Whats the point in being blinded and just nod our heads to whats happening ... What is the point of having this forum if we cannot voice our opinion ... Just because someone has a strong opinion about anyone/anything within the club doesnt being he a less fan than the person criticising him.

We can voice our opinion. Infact I've voiced mine plenty times, but we have to judge Jose as a Chelsea fan.

You won't find a Barcelona fan criticizing Guardiola like how we do with mourinho.

Stop judging Mourinho like we are some neutrals, or like we started supporting Chelsea this season, we should judge him with respect for what he's done for us. Have some connection with him like we should with dimatteo they both brought us significant victories that shaped our history.

We can voice our opinion. Infact I've voiced mine plenty times, but we have to judge Jose as a Chelsea fan.

You won't find a Barcelona fan criticizing Guardiola like how we do with mourinho.

Stop judging Mourinho like we are some neutrals, or like we started supporting Chelsea this season, we should judge him with respect for what he's done for us. Have some connection with him like we should with dimatteo they both brought us significant victories that shaped our history.

I m no Barca fan either I want to be one for my entire life or maybe the next so I dont act/reactive they way do. Also unfortunately I m not among those who will just turn a blind eye just because I m a fan of my club. I praise when things are going right but I criticise thing when they arent. Damn too many "I's"

Going about judging Jose, he is getting judged and will be judged because he is part of Chelsea Football club of which we all are fans. And like I mentioned before he will always be in our hearts, always respected and it's because of him today we are in the elite list of clubs. Now that he is back, we all want him to take us to the next level as a club, as a team, how we act, how we play, fair play, etc, etc ... I quote what he mentioned in one of the documentaries "Managers need to constantly keep evolving to stay at the top" (something on that lines) ... Is he evolving? I dont think so. Do I still hope that he does: YES. And that my connection with Jose.

He's good, when it comes to attacking game only he's better than Willian and Oscar, but I wouldnt say he's better than Eriksen for example. He's talented but his talent is limited than other #10 such as Isco, Gotze, James, Koke, Coutinho.

I would gladly take some hits from Belgian members now, thank you.

He's good, when it comes to attacking game only he's better than Willian and Oscar, but I wouldnt say he's better than Eriksen for example. He's talented but his talent is limited than other #10 such as Isco, Gotze, James, Koke, Coutinho.

I think he's definitely better than Eriksen. Has more to his game and is far more versatile.

I think he's definitely better than Eriksen. Has more to his game and is far more versatile.

Like what? Eriksen to me is a player with better close control and better dribble than KDB. Think he'll succussed more against thick defenses on a regular basis.

We'll take revenge next tuesday don't worry (j/k).