Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He's not that good, not yet anyway

It's a bit scary to see how quickly you've been brainwashed by Mourinho. Apparently the Special One still has the gift to convince his fans that a truely awesome player is sh!t and vice versa. He could buy Lionel Messi, put him on the bench, say he's rubbish, throw him out of the squad, and you'll be saying: "Ah, Mourinho's right, Messi is crap anyway ..."

De Bruyne started the first PL match against Hull and was instantly named MOTM. How about that for a debut? The kid hasn't started (in a real match) since. How is that possible? Makes you wonder... And now he's left out of the squad two matches for a bad performance against ... what ... SWINDON ?! Like that match even counts.

Don't be fooled, De Bruyne is one of the best wingers around and he'll be top of the world in a few years time, just not at Chelsea. And the world will be laughing with Mourinho and any of you sheep who are repeating his every word.

Sad to see how a mediocre coach gets to destroy the self-confidence of a genious young player. Just check last year's stats at Werder Bremen, he was overall top 5 in the Bundesliga, at a team that nearly relegated for crying out loud. He's involved at 50% of Belgium's goals in the WC qualifying campaign agianst the likes of Croatia (top ten in the world), Serbia ... 50%! For a midfielder of 21 years old ... That's just insane. And Mourinho drops him to U21.

Ridiculous

He came a year to late to chelsea, last year there was less competition and he would have alot more chances.

Now he has to prove himself in the limited chances he gets, while he need a couple of games to get to his best and that will never happen now, while last season it could have.

Its a real shame because kevin is a fantastic player, but as it looks now , we chelsea fans wont witness that, alteast not when he plays for us because of the reason i stated above.

And for all the people having a go at the belgian posters, take this in mind please, and i fully understand the team is far more important than the players and i agree 100% on that but KDB is belgium's most important player, so its hard to accept or understand that he's not even in the squad for some people.

Its getting ridiculous to be honest, everywhere i go people are talking about mourinho, even this saterday when i went watching my sons game(10-1 victory btw ;) ) people were non stop talking about mourinho, just to give an idea how big the issue is here in belgium.

Its like he's the most wanted person atm in belgium, like i said ridiculous!!!!

You do realise that KdB is around the same age as most of our attacking midfielders? Not sure why age comes into it, say if de Bruyne played instead of Schuerrle.

'You think he would walk in to Dortmund's team with Reus, Mikhitaryan and Blaszczyowski around?'

He'd have a better chance for sure. After all, Dortmund wanted de Bruyne first and after Jose said he isn't going anywhere they moved onto Mikhitaryan. Would he even be at Dortmund if they signed de Bruyne?

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment. But speaking of Schurrle, if he was in a similar position no one would bat an eyelid.

He would still face a fight in Dortmund regardless, Kiopp wouldn't stand for under performing players if he wasn't playing well.

Weak character.

Don't need fragile boys in our team.

Need tough steel men like Lampard.

I think every manager that has coached here since Lampard has been at the club has always praise Lampard attitude in training. A hard worker, one of the first to come and one of the last to leave a training session.

If kids think they can have a free ride their kidding themselves.

We work hard and play hard!

Jose just pushes him to work harder and be more assertive. When Kev comes back in a few weeks stronger than ever, we will praise Mou for being a genius :blue scalf:

Weak character.

I think every manager that has coached here since Lampard has been at the club has always praise Lampard attitude in training. A hard worker, one of the first to come and one of the last to leave a training session.

Spot on, Lampard could have easily put his head down in 2003 when the galaxy of stars were coming through the door, but he wasn't getting shafted, he made sure of that, if KDB wants a future here, he has to do the same. If he is letting the competition get to him, then being a big fish in a small pond like at Werder is the best it's going to get for him

This is dog eat dog, survival of the fittest, Drogba came out the other side when we brought back Crespo then signed Sheva and Anelka, Lampard has seen of competition down the years to be where he is, Terry had to compete with Carvalho and Gallas in his peak years. Mata looks like he has forced his way back in though hard work, KDB should take their example's and if he wants to make it here or at any top club has to.

Weak character.

Spot on mate!

Nothing comes for free in live, hopefully he takes his lessons now and work like mad so mourinho cant go arround him anymore

This belgian fans are pretty annoying. This kid is not a world class player and wont be in any time in the future. Stop the bullshit about he being so good that he should be a natural starting XI.

He should be really happy with a squad player status in a club like Chelsea and get some games in League Cup games.

Thats why Mourinho got angry. People questioning him about a player like KDB was too much for him. Well done Jose.

Spot on, Lampard could have easily put his head down in 2003 when the galaxy of stars were coming through the door, but he wasn't getting shafted, he made sure of that, if KDB wants a future here, he has to do the same. If he is letting the competition get to him, then being a big fish in a small pond like at Werder is the best it's going to get for him

This is dog eat dog, survival of the fittest, Drogba came out the other side when we brought back Crespo then signed Sheva and Anelka, Lampard has seen of competition down the years to be where he is, Terry had to compete with Carvalho and Gallas in his peak years. Mata looks like he has forced his way back in though hard work, KDB should take their example's and if he wants to make it here or at any top club has to.

True and those players that stuck and worked hard generally tend to have a great attitude. Drogba was always a guy we would rely on, Lampard a legend, and Terry has been a rock for over a decade. Heck even Cole was always praised by many managers that he was a hard worker in the training sessions.

Cause they know that if they train hard and do right on the field they will continue to be the guys that always play.

At Madrid when Mourinho started to bench some under performing stars, they went and bitch and moan to the press.

And I clearly remember Mourinho stating this when Mata did good against Spur. That that's the attitude he wants to see. Go train hard and then show him in the pitch that he was wrong.

Not go behind his back and cause a bad atmosphere.

This belgian fans are pretty annoying. This kid is not a world class player and wont be in any time in the future. Stop the bullshit about he being so good that he should be a natural starting XI.

He should be really happy with a squad player status in a club like Chelsea and get some games in League Cup games.

Thats why Mourinho got angry. People questioning him about a player like KDB was too much for him. Well done Jose.

4/10

It's ridiculous. Mourinho has to give players confidence and make them better. Chelsea has bought certain players, loaned them and now is the time for some of them to get chances at the club. It's a very old fashioned view to hold the kind of line that Mourinho is holding atm. And what a difference with his self-professed 'father' image, him having changed and being there for other managers if they wanted advice.

I'm not going to start complaining like Kevin has to play etc etc, but as a manager you loose credibility imo when you bench your last game's MOTM and play against United the way we did and rate a player on the performance in a game you never intended to win.

Look at the mentality city had playing ManU that's the football i want and love to see.

The results are here in a way, but it can't be said that chelsea is playing good so far.

The only thing we have to hope for is for everything to get better because I'm not liking what i see now.

If he is letting the competition get to him, then being a big fish in a small pond like at Werder is the best it's going to get for him

Big fish in a small pond :-) prooves you know absolutely nothing about him. When De Bruyne was loaned out to Werder Bremen he was 20 years old and had only played for Racing Genk in the Belgian Jupiler League. So he was not a big fish in a small pond. He was an anchovy in the ocean. From Belgian league to Bundesliga is an immense step. I very much doubt Chelsea would finish top two there with the likes of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

By New Year, the German tabloid "Bild" had called him one of the worst transfers in Germany. By the end of the season he finished top 5 in overall stats (goals, assists, completed passes, etc., check whoscored.com) from all Bundesliga players and was suddenly ranked, by the same tabloid, among the BEST 5 transfers in Germany. True story.

Just to tell you that Kevin knows what it's like to put up a fight. So he'll do the same at Chelsea, provided he gets another chance. First chance he got, he was named MOTM (against Hull), don't know what more he can do ... He's a top class player and it'll be Chelsea's loss if he moves to the competition in January.

At Madrid when Mourinho started to bench some under performing stars, they went and bitch and moan to the press.

And you are comparing De Bruyne to those guys? Based on what? I very much doubt you had ever heard of De Bruyne before the start of this season. So don't act like you know what he's all about. You won't find any player more modest, level headed than this fellow. He'll prove you wrong. And when he does, I would very much like to see you repeat the stupid things you're saying about him now, and not cheer for him.

Anyway don't judge someone you don't know, that's all I want to say.

Big fish in a small pond :-) prooves you know absolutely nothing about him. When De Bruyne was loaned out to Werder Bremen he was 20 years old and had only played for Racing Genk in the Belgian Jupiler League. So he was not a big fish in a small pond. He was an anchovy in the ocean. From Belgian league to Bundesliga is an immense step. I very much doubt Chelsea would finish top two there with the likes of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

By New Year, the German tabloid "Bild" had called him one of the worst transfers in Germany. By the end of the season he finished top 5 in overall stats (goals, assists, completed passes, etc., check whoscored.com) from all Bundesliga players and was suddenly ranked, by the same tabloid, among the BEST 5 transfers in Germany. True story.

Just to tell you that Kevin knows what it's like to put up a fight. So he'll do the same at Chelsea, provided he gets another chance. First chance he got, he was named MOTM (against Hull), don't know what more he can do ... He's a top class player and it'll be Chelsea's loss if he moves to the competition in January.

Well by the end he was by far their best player and would be again if he goes back.

"Just to tell you that Kevin knows what it's like to put up a fight. So he'll do the same at Chelsea, " Good then he will be forcing his way into Mou's reckoning sooner rather then later then

This kid is not a world class player and wont be in any time in the future.

First of all, your favourite player is David Luiz, that says enough about you already. I shouldn't even respond to your comments.

Question though: have you ever seen Kevin De Bruyne play? And not against 2nd division Swindon I mean?

I'm pretty sure you haven't or you would not say ignorant stuff like that. You're just talking along with José, like all the others, have no opinion of your own. Pathetic, keep on cheering for David Luiz, man, he's your kind of player.