Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Liverpool and Chelsea are reportedly monitoring Lazio striker Ciro Immobile, with the Reds planning to send scouts to see him in action against Napoli on Sunday, according to Il Messaggero.

He turns 30 in 13 months, so time is tight on him. I cannot see us making a mega money move for him, especially in the summer, as we would only get a wee bit over half a year of sub-30yo play out of him at that point. I would think our no multi-year contracts for 30 and over year olds would also come into play, as he would be 33 or 34yo at the the end of a 4 or 5 year deal.

BEST WESTON 

Liverpool eyeing £20m transfer bid for Weston McKennie, the USA international Jurgen Klopp rates as a future star

Schalke youngster has been scouted by Reds staff as he put in an impressive two seasons in the Bundesliga

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8218671/liverpool-transfer-news-weston-mckennie-schalke/

JURGEN KLOPP is eyeing USA midfielder Weston McKennie.

The Schalke youngster, 20, has been watched by Liverpool scouts during his impressive two seasons in the Bundesliga.

Klopp will weigh up a £20million move this month or the summer to land McKennie, who is an international team-mate of Christian Pulisic.

Pulisic has agreed a £58million move from Borussia Dortmund to Chelsea and the Reds target has similar potential on and off the pitch.

McKennie played in midfield for USA in the defeat by England in November but can also operate in defence.

That could be a factor for Klopp as he looks for cover following injuries to Dejan Lovren, Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander-Arnold and the departure of Nathaniel Clyne.

snip

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, Vesper said:

Let me posit a laser-focused list of moves to do this window and in summer to sort us.

This assumes CHO and Eden leaving.

Get RB Achraf Hakimi plus £100m cash for Eden, Hakimi will be world class top 5 RB, he is a great takeaway

Get RW Malcom plus £15 for Willian

Buy Barella, SORT IT NOW! Loan him back till summer as his wife is 6 month preggers and doesnt want to move yet (totally valid) £45m

Let Kovacic go back

Buy Paredes NOW £30m or loan him for 6 months (he is different player than Barella) THEN sell to Boca either way

Buy Sandro Tonali  £25m

Buy CF  Luka Jovic for £55m

Buy CF Piatek for CF £55m

Buy LW Hirving Lozano £40m

Buy RB Chilwell £50m

Buy CB Éder Militão £45m (Luiz replacment)

Buy AMF Nabil Fekir £60m

Swap Morata for Suso plus £10m

Promote Reece James and Tammy (backup striker)

Angus Gunn (back up keeper and HG) £20m

Pulisic £60m

that's a net spend of £360m (counting both Paredes and Tonali)

now for the sales

Cesc £10m

Luiz and Cahill will leave on frees (or we get a wee bit for Cahill if leaves this January)

CHO £40m (our hands are tied, grrrr)

Zappacosta £15m

Alonso £45m (if not then sell Emerson for £20m, one has to go as Chilwell would be coming in a starter)

Drinkwater £20m  just get him out! Exhibit 1 for how stupid our board is

Bakayoko £30m

Moses £17.5m

Sell Kenedy £17.5m

Bats £30m

Sell Zouma (£25m)

Sell Musonda (£10m)

Sell Barkley (£25m)

Sell Pedro (£15m)

Sell Giroud (£10m)

Sell Paredes to Boca to make way for Tonali £30m

thats £340 in total sales (£315m if Emerson goes instead of Alonso)

meaning we only spend a total net of £20m to £45m for BOTH windows (lets even give a £50m wiggle room (in terms of extra cost or reduced sale value stipulation) its still only  £70m to £95m net spend over 2 windows to totally remake and strengthen team (yes the team below is stronger than we have now, even with Eden leaving, as the 4 wingers en toto are better than what we have now, plus the MF and ESPECIALLY Fullback and strikers are massively upgraded as well)

this leaves a

25 man roster, (including 8 HG's, so no issue there), of

GK Kepa

GK Gunn (HG)

GK Bulka (HG)

CB Rudiger

CB Militão

CB Azpi

CB Ampadu (HG) MF cover as well

CB AC (HG)

LB Chilwell (HG)

LB Alonso (or Emerson)

RB Achraf Hakimi

RB Reece James (HG)  plus Azpi as cover

DH DMF Jorginho

DH DMF Sandro Tonali (after Paredes leaves to Boca from loan or buy)

CMF Kante

CMF Barella (He can play all 3 MF positions, so no pressure on Tonali to stp up instantly when Jorginho cannot play)

AMF Fekir

AMF RLC (HG)

LW Pulisic (right footed)

LW Lozano (right footed)

RW Suso (left footed)

RW Malcom (left footed)

CF Piatek 

CF  Jovic

CF Tammy (HG)

BOOOM

and all that is more than doable, and I gave plenty of leeway money-wise

You put so much thought into this. :)

Did I miss an earlier post which explains to reason for the Parades manoeuvre? From the figures you speculate profit does not seem to be the motive. Are you perhaps suggesting that he is signed as an insurance policy in case we fail to get Tonali?

On 18/01/2019 at 0:01 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

You put so much thought into this. :)

Did I miss an earlier post which explains to reason for the Paradesl manoeuvre? From the figures you speculate profit does not seem to be the motive. Are you perhaps suggesting that he is signed as an insurance policy in case we fail to get Tonali?

Yes, plus everything I read in the beginning of his name being linked to us said he really wanted to go back to Boca Juniors. I was just trying to come up with a way for

1 Jorginho to stay as our starting DH DMF

2 We can buy and groom the best under 21yo DH DMF prospect atm on the planet with less pressure (perhaps a case could be made for two 20yo's, Sander Berge (turns 21yo in 4 weeks) from KRC Genk  or Arne Maier (just turned 20yo 10 days ago) from Hertha Berlin)

3 Have cover for Jorginho for the next 6 months in Paredes and then sell him to his number one wish club (Boca, who can sell their starting DH DMF, Nahitan Nández, to Cagliari with the Barella money)

4 Buy Barella (who can play DH DMF bt is better in a more forward role) and loan him back for 6 months, so his pregnant wife is happy and can give birth in Sardinia with Nicolo at her side), and then in summer he comes to the club he has said he most wants to come to (Chelsea)

5 Let Kovavcic go back to Real in summer (Barella is an upgrade), and they will more than likely sell him to his favourite place (well was) Inter Milan, who are very interested in buying him back.

Everyone thus ends up at clubs they most want to be at.

IF we miss out on Tonali, we keep Paredes, as he is hardly a bad player, in fact right NOW he is far beyond Tonali, who is only 18yo and very raw, albeit exceptional in potential. We could always moved for Tonali later, but the risk is that he will be 3, 4 times the price. Barella and Paredes are two different type players. Barella is pretty unique, as he is such a beast defensively whilst maintaining a very forward thrusting games, and he can score more than Kovacic. Paredes is a very fluid player, great passer, and prefers the deep lying role more.

I rate every player I have mentioned here, a lot, even Nahitan Nández (although he is at the bottom of this list) but some are just better suited for Sarriball than others IMHO.

Sarri obviously likes Italian players. There is a huge shortage of them at most positions

'this is every really good  Italian MFer (all positions)  there is not a lot , 15 total some marginal

the truly good ones are in bold, there are only 7

if we got Barella and Tonali, we would have half of their top MFers

in order of age

18yo   Tonali LOVE HIM

19yo Nicolò Zaniolo  AMF   Roma  next 2 years will be crucial to see if he progresses, Arsenal and Real are really sniffing around, especially Arse

20yo  none, literally, no 20yos of any real talent

21yo Barella LOVE HIM

21yo Rolando Mandragora     CMF    Udinese (I rate him a bit too)

21yo Manuel Locatelli  DMF  Sassuolo (has regressed at Milan, so they dumped him for only £9m, I think may come back to bite them, not Chels quality atm)

22yo Lorenzo Pellegrini   CMF  Roma  class class player, no place here really in Sarriball, especially if we did get Barella, almost every big team wants him

23yo  Bryan Cristante  CMF   Roma  another player I really rate, he is more defensively sound than Pellegrini, so maybe would be a better fit for Sarriball (the Barella role) Frank Lampard was his idol growing up

24yo Roberto Gagliardini  CMF    Inter Milan  For some reason he is way out of favour, wants to leave, Inter have rejected bids for him so far

24yo Marco Benassi  CMF   Fiorentina  a bit of a late bloomer, really smooth silky MF, like a poor man's Pellegrini, Inter want him back

25yo Manuel Lazzari      Right MF,  SPAL    decent player, plays RB too, Napoli might want him for that

26yo Marco Verratti    CMF   PSG    the best Italian MFer, toss up between him and Lorenzo Insigne for best Italian overall player, I think Barella has potential to pass Verratti

26yo Daniele Baselli  CMF  Torino  similar to Benassi, really nice player

27yo   Jorginho  DH DMF  Chelsea

27yo  Riccardo Saponara  AMF   Sampdoria  is oki, nothing special

28yo  none, literally, no 28yos of any real talent

29yo Giacomo Bonaventura  CMF  AC Milan  out for year with horrid knee injury, may be finished, was oki, not great before'

30yo and above, none, Claudio Marchisio, who turns 33 tomorrow, is simply too old, and that is really the case for another ex great one, 35yo Daniele De Rossi

@Vesper Personally, I'd like to go for Barella and Parades/Tonali  We need cover for Kante, and I see Barella in that role, especially if Kovacic goes back to Madrid this summer.

Edit:  I don't always quote your posts because it would take up the whole screen :D

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

@Vesper Personally, I'd like to go for Barella and Parades/Tonali  We need cover for Kante, and I see Barella in that role, especially if Kovacic goes back to Madrid this summer.

If we don't wrap up Barella with a buy and a loan-back this January, the bidding war on him next summer is going to be crazy.:(

There just are not many young, crazy talented and high energy big motor MFers out there. He is a special player IMHO. If SMS had his drive, Lazio would have no problem getting over £100m for him.

I cannot think of hardly any players who could literally play all 3 of the Sarriball MFer positions besides Barella. Frenkie de Jong is clearly another. Probably SMS, Saúl Ñíguez (maybe, not sure about him in a Regista role) and maybe Pogba (again cannot see him happy in a Regista role). Tanguy Ndombele probably could handle it. Houssem Aouar might be able to adapt, I so dread him going to Shitty or Victimpool. Same for Donny van de Beek, but he and Aouar are both more offensive than defensive players. Marcelo Brozovic and maybe Fred. Thats about it that I can think of. 

The older examples are Nainggolan and Vidal, but again, its the DH part that they might not like so much.

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes, plus everything I read in the beginning of his name being linked to us said he really wanted to go back to Boca Juniors. I was just trying to come up with a way for

1 Jorginho to stay as our starting DH DMF

2 We can buy and groom the best under 21yo DH DMF prospect atm on the planet with less pressure (perhaps a case could be made for two 20yo's, Sander Berge (turns 21yo in 4 weeks) from KRC Genk  or Arne Maier (just turned 20yo 10 days ago) from Hertha Berlin)

3 Have cover for Jorginho for the next 6 months in Paredes and then sell him to his number one wish club (Boca, who can sell their starting DH DMF, Nahitan Nández, to Cagliari with the Barella money)

4 Buy Barella (who can play DH DMF bt is better in a more forward role) and loan him back for 6 months, so his pregnant wife is happy and can give birth in Sardinia with Nicolo at her side), and then in summer he comes to the club he has said he most wants to come to (Chelsea)

5 Let Kovavcic go back to Real in summer (Barella is an upgrade), and they will more than likely sell him to his favourite place (well was) Inter Milan, who are very interested in buying him back.

Everyone thus ends up at clubs they most want to be at.

IF we miss out on Tonali, we keep Paredes, as he is hardly a bad player, in fact right NOW he is far beyond Tonali, who is only 18yo and very raw, albeit exceptional in potential. We could always moved for Tonali later, but the risk is that he will be 3, 4 times the price. Barella and Paredes are two different type players. Barella is pretty unique, as he is such a beast defensively whilst maintaining a very forward thrusting games, and he can score more than Kovacic. Paredes is a very fluid player, great passer, and prefers the deep lying role more.

I rate every player I have mentioned here, a lot, even Nahitan Nández (although he is at the bottom of this list) but some are just better suited for Sarriball than others IMHO.

Sarri obviously likes Italian players. There is a huge shortage of them at most positions

'this is every really good  Italian MFer (all positions)  there is not a lot , 15 total some marginal

the truly good ones are in bold, there are only 6

if we got Barella and Tonali, we would have half of their top MFers

in order of age

18yo   Tonali LOVE HIM

19yo Nicolò Zaniolo  AMF   Roma  next 2 years will be crucial to see if he progresses, Arsenal and Real are really sniffing around, especially Arse

20yo  none, literally, no 20yos of any real talent

21yo Barella LOVE HIM

21yo Rolando Mandragora     CMF    Udinese (I rate him a bit too)

21yo Manuel Locatelli  DMF  Sassuolo (has regressed at Milan, so they dumped him for only £9m, I think may come back to bite them, not Chels quality atm)

22yo Lorenzo Pellegrini   CMF  Roma  class class player, no place here really in Sarriball, especially if we did get Barella, almost every big team wants him

23yo  Bryan Cristante  CMF   Roma  another player I really rate, he is more defensively sound than Pellegrini, so maybe would be a better fit for Sarriball (the Barella role) Frank Lampard was his idol growing up

24yo Roberto Gagliardini  CMF    Inter Milan  For some reason he is way out of favour, wants to leave, Inter have rejected bids for him so far

24yo Marco Benassi  CMF   Fiorentina  a bit of a late bloomer, really smooth silky MF, like a poor man's Pellegrini, Inter want him back

25yo Manuel Lazzari      Right MF,  SPAL    decent player, plays RB too, Napoli might want him for that

26yo Marco Verratti    CMF   PSG    the best Italian MFer, toss up between him and Lorenzo Insigne for best Italian overall player, I think Barella has potential to pass Verratti

26yo Daniele Baselli  CMF  Torino  similar to Benassi, really nice player

27yo   Jorginho  DH DMF  Chelsea

27yo  Riccardo Saponara  AMF   Sampdoria  is oki, nothing special

28yo  none, literally, no 28yos of any real talent

29yo Giacomo Bonaventura  CMF  AC Milan  out for year with horrid knee injury, may be finished, was oki, not great before'

30yo and above, none, Claudio Marchisio, who turns 33 tomorrow, is simply too old, and that is really the case for another ex great one, 35yo Daniele De Rossi

The strategy sounds good to me. It depends of course on the accuracy of the player assessments and the success of the recruitment phase. Let's assume that the assessments are good, I've no reason to think differently. The recruitment will continue to be easier said than done however, continue to be a problem, I think.

If we managed to put your plan into action, I think that list of new recruits will intensify the Kante dilemma so the manager will need to handle that situation.

On Matt, the lack of goal threat in his game is definitely a problem, both in general, and in our team specifically. 

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The strategy sounds good to me. It depends of course on the accuracy of the player assessments and the success rate in recruiting the targets. Let's assume that the assessments are good, I've no reason to think differently. The recruitment will continue to be easier said than done, continue to be a problem, I think.

If we managed to put your plan into action, I think that list of new recruits will intensify the Kante dilemma so the manager will need to handle that situation.

On Matt, the lack of goal threat in his game is definitely a problem, both in general, and in our team specifically. 

The only 3 on that list I really really want (Verratti is far too expensive, well over £100m to prise him away fro PSG I am still sure of) are one we have (Jorgi) and then the 2 we are strongly linked with, Tonali and especially Barella. Just hope we can pull it off.

Paredes is also another (albeit non Italian) who I have liked for years, so it is nice to see the club at least trying for players I rate and like a lot.

Now, we all need to truly hope that Higuain finds the Sarri fountain of youth and goals, lolol.

If he comes good, I will be the first one to eat my words and say for the 2nd time in last 3 years I was wrong on a player, just in the opposite direction. I truly thought Bakayoko would come in and play like he did in Monaco, and sort of is now in Milan. I even went back and watched like 10 Monaco games of his to see if I had just projected overly-positive vision, but nope. He has really really good there. Came here and was one of worst big money EPL busts in last 15 years.

And yes, I am so disappointed that Kovacic cant score. So gifted technically, and seems to have a great football brain, but almost zero end output.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

The only 3 on that list I really really want (Verratti is far too expensive, well over £100m to prise him away fro PSG I am still sure of) are one we have (Jorgi) and then the 2 we are strongly linked with, Tonali and especially Barella. Just hope we can pull it off.

Paredes is also another (albeit non Italian) who I have liked for years, so it is nice to see the club at least trying for players I rate and like a lot.

Now, we all need to truly hope that Higuain finds the Sarri fountain of youth and goals, lolol.

If he comes good, I will be the first one to eat my words and say for the 2nd time in last 3 years I was wrong on a player, just in the opposite direction. I truly thought Bakayoko would come in and play like he did in Monaco, and sort of is now in Milan. I even went back and watched like 10 Monaco games of his to see if I had just projected overly-positive vision, but nope. He has really really good there. Came here and was one of worst big money EPL busts in last 15 years.

And yes, I am so disappointed that Kovacic cant score. So gifted technically, and seems to have a great football brain, but almost zero end output.

I was wrong about Baka too.

Bet he will have a queue of other top scouts on his arese eh!

Chelsea to scout Arber Zeneli this weekend as they consider a £5m move for the Heerenveen forward 

The Heerenveen star is earning rave reviews for his performances this season 

He is out of contract in the summer and could be available for as little as £5m

A Chelsea scout is scheduled in Amsterdam on Sunday when he will start 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6609045/Chelsea-scout-Arber-Zeneli-weekend-consider-5m-move.html

What Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has been told about signings by Roman Abramovich's chief

CHELSEA boss Maurizio Sarri has been told by the board they don't agree with his suggestions of new signings, says expert Ian McGarry.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1074528/Chelsea-transfer-news-Maurizio-Sarri-Gonzalo-Higuain-Roman-Abramovich

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

What Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has been told about signings by Roman Abramovich's chief

CHELSEA boss Maurizio Sarri has been told by the board they don't agree with his suggestions of new signings, says expert Ian McGarry.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1074528/Chelsea-transfer-news-Maurizio-Sarri-Gonzalo-Higuain-Roman-Abramovich

useless board

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

This is all going to end badly I fear. I cannot believe we havent dumped some of the deadweight either. January is a massive seller's market.