test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tortilla9

NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Started by Tortilla9,

1,029 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Same thing in Kansas City during the Royals' two World Series appearances.

All those people who were proud to be from Kansas City when they couldn't wait to get out a decade earlier (I'll even fess up to this).

When the "whole world" is looking at your city, you get a sense of pride living there.

This must be what it feels like living in Boston:lol:

Is Kansas a real international city like Atlanta though? It seems every other person here is a transplant from north or west.

18 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

This must be what it feels like living in Boston:lol:

Is Kansas a real international city like Atlanta though? It seems every other person here is a transplant from north or west.

Hell no :lol: Kansas City has been important for the country historically, being the main product-transport hub linking the east to the west. It was the same for the mafia, linking NY and Chicago to Las Vegas and LA. Once train transport diminished, KC went down the toilet for a few decades until companies like Garmin, Sprint and Cerner moved because real estate was so low. The last decade has seen it become a growing city with a bright future, but there's still no real reason to go to KC like there is for many other cities in the US.

It's always been a place that you "can raise a family" in. Meaning it's not too dangerous, it's not too busy, and living there is a lot cheaper than bigger cities.

Sir Mikel OBE likes this

3 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Hell no :lol: Kansas City has been important for the country historically, being the main product-transport hub linking the east to the west. It was the same for the mafia, linking NY and Chicago to Las Vegas and LA. Once train transport diminished, KC went down the toilet for a few decades until companies like Garmin, Sprint and Cerner moved because real estate was so low. The last decade has seen it become a growing city with a bright future, but there's still no real reason to go to KC like there is for many other cities in the US.

It's always been a place that you "can raise a family" in. Meaning it's not too dangerous, it's not too busy, and living there is a lot cheaper than bigger cities.

Now I'm tempted to visit!

I really feel high speed train would be a boom for the vast midwest. Amtrak serves some areas, but it really is horrific. Airline prices, for a long bumpy ride.

55 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Now I'm tempted to visit!

I really feel high speed train would be a boom for the vast midwest. Amtrak serves some areas, but it really is horrific. Airline prices, for a long bumpy ride.

I really don't get the appeal of it aside from some kind of nostalgia.

high speed trains would be great to give airlines some competition. We put up with the crappy airlines because there's no other way to travel faster than a car. 

Well, this has been... ugh

I hope the Pats can come out after halftime and make it a game. I hate blowouts. 

Wow, largest comeback and first overtime Super Bowl. This Patriots dynasty is the greatest in football history.

It will be a nice break from the silly striker rumors. I hope to see Jaguars and Eagles in Super Bowl but it will be probably the opposite.