Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I don't see how they can fault a striker that has got them 14 Premier League goals this season at vital grounds like Anfield and St James park. I would of loved to have got 14 Premier League goals from Torres with Mata, Hazard and Oscar behind him lol not bloody Youssouf Mulumbu and Marc Antoine Fortune :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have had Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku on loan. What have you made of him so far? Do you see him as a future Chelsea Striker?

At the moment, I wouldn't have him in our starting X1. For a player which costs £18million I was expecting a bit more from him. I understood that he would have areas of his game which are raw and would need developing but there seems to be an abundance of raw areas and at times it shows. Don't get me wrong, he can produce a moment of magic and has taken his goals superbly well but I personally think he has a negative effect on our side. As the loan striker, he doesn't put in the effort required, nor do the channel work as we'd like. His touch is very much hit and miss, as is his passing ability. He had some very good chances to win us the game at Newcastle and managed to miss them both which in the end has cost us the game. Whether he will make the required progress to feature for Chelsea in the future, I don't know, but it would help if he discovered that he has a right foot. It is incredibly frustrating to see a player of his supposed ability so one footed.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/14907-west-bromwich-albion-opposition-views/?hl=%2Bwest+%2Balbion

Since December hes been a different animal, he wasnt in the starting XI much in the beginning as it was working very well starting Long and bring Lukaku on after about an hour. People critising him are crazy, hes 19 FFS!! hes not been absolutely perfect and nor should he be. But hes been fantastic, got a super attitude and hes grown into the season.

There probably isnt much hope of him returning but he'll always be a Albion hero!

I really liked that he kissed your badge after his goal on Saturday. West Brom have been great for him and I'm glad he appreciates your club and the supporters. Top lad Lukaku.

What excites me most about him is that his technique on the ball and passing seems to get better with every passing game. Such improvement is incredible, he is one of those players that REALLY needs game minutes as they help him so much.

That's a main reason as to why I almost don't want him to come if we sign a big name striker this summer, because even if we could give him a good bit of minutes here or there, I feel like it couldn't compare to the improvement he'd get from being the the full time striker of a lower end of the table squad. If chelsea do choose to not loan him out next year, I hope they make certain to play him a TON or they'll have to live with themselves knowing they stifled the growth of one of the potential world beater strikers.

I believe in general we need to try to emulate United more and incorporate our younger players into the squad. I don't think Cleverly is any better than a bunch of the talent we have out on loan or playing in the U21s and yet United find plenty of minutes for him and they almost beat the points record this year. In general Ferguson isn't afraid to throw a young player to the wolves so to speak and see if he can perform at the top.