Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he gets unlimited funds to strengthen the team i doubt it, i hardly think he will sign up to a relegation battle.

For me it is important to work and if, one time, I have a possibility to manage another division team, I would.

Think again. Also, QPR have quite a wealthy owner, now that he's in the Premier League he will most definitely look to invest.

Buzz off :offtopic:

Completely and totally irrelevant...

But seriously, Redknapp will play attacking football at Chelsea but over the full season and against top teams in the CL (not the slow/old shadow of itself Serie A teams), he'll fall short. And if Ancelotti was sacked for 2nd place and QT finals this year, that's failure for him. Second place and QT finals for Redknapp are probably going to be the highlights of his career.

I was joking. :P

Yes I know, Harry wouldn't be the best of choices.

Are you crazy? No way. The club should buy players according to their vision not the manager's. Ferguson = Man Utd so him having that kind of power is fine, the same goes for Arsene. But I can't imagine giving the likes of Benitez, who is clueless when it comes to buying players, that kind of power. Van Basten got that power too at Ajax and spent 35 mil +/- (which is a huge amount of money for a Dutch club). And every single player he bought failed (well Sulejmani is playing well now but it took him 3 years to do so..).

And managers come and go..

Some managers should have 100% input but definitely not all.

Okay fair enough. But at the same time, there should not be a man who decides all the transfers without the managers input at all then does not deliver the players the manager would like. Like Valdano did, when Mourinho requested a striker (when Higuain was out) Valdano said no. Benzema was not firing at all and Raul was gone. It's only when Mou went to Perez that Adebayor was brought on loan.

You make a good point about managers being incapable. But there must be a line drawn between managers & the people who provide the funds to make sure the manager can even use the players lined up. Something that's not happening at our club..

Okay fair enough. But at the same time, there should not be a man who decides all the transfers without the managers input at all then does not deliver the players the manager would like. Like Valdano did, when Mourinho requested a striker (when Higuain was out) Valdano said no. Benzema was not firing at all and Raul was gone. It's only when Mou went to Perez that Adebayor was brought on loan.

You make a good point about managers being incapable. But there must be a line drawn between managers & the people who provide the funds to make sure the manager can even use the players lined up. Something that's not happening at our club..

Yes the manager should definitely have some input but sometimes it's a good thing if there's someone at the club that says no. If it wasn't for Villa, Gareth Barry would have gone to Liverpool to replace Xabi Alonso back in '08 (meaning Xabi on the bench for Barry).

What was Benitez on when he wanted to make that happen :lol:.

OFFICIAL NEWS: HARRY'S THE GAFFER

Chelsea FC have agreed a 3 year deal with the former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Harry is a vastly experienced manager, who plays an attractive brand of attacking football.

Harry is set to take over the job on the 1st June 2011 and will meet his squad before the first friendly game with Vitesse.

More to follow.

jokes!

Chelsea FC have agreed a 3 year deal with the former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Harry is a vastly experienced manager, who plays an attractive brand of attacking football.

Harry is set to take over the job on the 1st June 2011 and will meet his squad before the first friendly game with Vitesse.

More to follow.

jokes!

Mhm...

More to follow.

jokes!

Don't jokes usually result in laughs?

I didn't laugh.

OFFICIAL: RAFA IS A BLUE

Chelsea can confirm the appointment of Rafa Benitez on a long term 5 year deal worth £40 million.

Rafa has already spoke to the board about transfer targets and agreed to Rafa's personal wishlist which include Phillip Degan (£10m), Alberto Aquallani (£35m), Jermain Defoe (£25m), Yakubu (£20m) Sylvan Distan (12m), Charles INtanje (£4m), Andre Dossena (£12m) and Alexandre Kolorov (£35m). Rafa has scrapped Neymar's deal to get Defoe and is planning to sell Essien, Cole and Luiz to make way for Aquallani, Dossena and Distan and will listen to offers up to £7 for the trio.

Roman Abramovic is so delighted with the appointment he has vowed to back Rafa with those transfers and any more after that

Whatever happens now look at that and think it could be worse emo5.gif