Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He guided Madrid to 97 points, more than any premiership side has ever got, would Pellegrini actually be that bad?

my thoughts exactly......and barca only got 99 points that season...personally id take pellegrini or emery from la liga

He guided Madrid to 97 points, more than any premiership side has ever got, would Pellegrini actually be that bad?

He can't handle big names & egos.

Under him Ronaldo was a child. In came Mourinho and you see a new side of Ron. Pellegrini can't keep the dressing room on side & with our team, that's something you need. That's why Hiddink is my selection. He showed he can assert his authority without pissing off the players, he doesn't shout, he's a passive motivator.

Nah, I don't like his management style. Doesn't get the balance right in my opinion, not just talking Real Madrid either.

Sanchez is a great coach, quite underrated. Hasn't done that well this season, but a very good coach regardless. He's also quite available right now too.. :eyebrows:

maybe overrated...you do know that valencia, benfica and atletico all got weaker under him rite?.....no suprise hes out of a job really...unai is a better manager....pellegrini villareal was an amazing team to watch

maybe overrated...you do know that valencia, benfica and atletico all got weaker under him rite?.....no suprise hes out of a job really...unai is a better manager....pellegrini villareal was an amazing team to watch

He's out of a job because he quit ;)

Season before he guided them to Europa League triumph remember?

Benfica were very harsh to him, they only gave him 1 season at the helm, where he'd only lost like 10 games. They should've given him a better chance I think.

Pellegrini is not a good choice imo. He's too weak in character, he'd bottle under the egos of players like Drogba and Malouda (should they still be there).

He's out of a job because he quit ;)

Season before he guided them to Europa League triumph remember?

Benfica were very harsh to him, they only gave him 1 season at the helm, where he'd only lost like 10 games. They should've given him a better chance I think.

Pellegrini is not a good choice imo. He's too weak in character, he'd bottle under the egos of players like Drogba and Malouda (should they still be there).

didnt flores quit cuz he couldnt handle forlan?...maybe he is too weak a character too.....wat do u think of unai emery tho?

didnt flores quit cuz he couldnt handle forlan?...maybe he is too weak a character too.....wat do u think of unai emery tho?

Touche. That's what he said, but I think it goes higher up than that, if you know what I mean.

I didn't really follow him with Almeria but I respect him for what he's done at Valencia. After they sold Villa & Silva I thought they'd crumble, they did well to keep on Juan Mata, who could've easily signed for Barcelona. So for him to take them to a 3rd place finish is very commendable considering those 2 big losses to his squad.

I don't think he's Chelsea material yet though. I want to see 1 more season from him, he's stayed consistent though, that's a very positive thing.

Meh, it's not that he'll do much with Porto in the Champions League anyway. It's the Champions League we're talking about with top clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Inter, Bayern Munich etc, not a mediocre competition with the likes of Braga, Dynamo Kiev etc.

Football is unpredictable.

Villas-Boas is the best out there.

Mourinho will stay at Madrid for long time.

If we want someone who will work with younger players then van Gaal is the name.Not that AVB doesn't do that, JR is developing well. But van Gaal has good record.

Touche. That's what he said, but I think it goes higher up than that, if you know what I mean.

I didn't really follow him with Almeria but I respect him for what he's done at Valencia. After they sold Villa & Silva I thought they'd crumble, they did well to keep on Juan Mata, who could've easily signed for Barcelona. So for him to take them to a 3rd place finish is very commendable considering those 2 big losses to his squad.

I don't think he's Chelsea material yet though. I want to see 1 more season from him, he's stayed consistent though, that's a very positive thing.

well he replaced silva with tino costa who is doing well and villa with soldado who has 18 goals this season. he guided almeria to the primera with them finishing a lofty 8th, thats when valencia came calling and it has been all gravy thus far...mata to barca will be overkill imo

well he replaced silva with tino costa who is doing well and villa with soldado who has 18 goals this season. he guided almeria to the primera with them finishing a lofty 8th, thats when valencia came calling and it has been all gravy thus far...mata to barca will be overkill imo

How's Diego Alvez doing? Was one of my favourite goal keepers back in the day.

How's Diego Alvez doing? Was one of my favourite goal keepers back in the day.

the almeria goalie? he doin well infact he will be following unai to valencia this season. with ceasar at 39, moya a flo and renan also a flop he might be the first choice come august

the almeria goalie? he doin well infact he will be following unai to valencia this season. with ceasar at 39, moya a flo and renan also a flop he might be the first choice come august

Good to hear! Thought he'd make it to a big club much earlier, but at least better late than never! :)

Just seen a dubious link to Pelegrini theredoh.gif... not sure i fancy that one much. Golden Guus for me, Villas Boas is just a bit too soon but his record so far is outstanding and the fact that hes been at the club before is always good. Get wee Franco back as coach too and thats a good start