Three world class central backs...

So, we have three world class defenders which fight for starting the match: Alex, Ivanović and David Luiz. JT has always place in starting eleven, so there is only one CB slot in squad. Ivanović can play at the RB, but don't forget that his manually position is CB. For example: we put Ivanović to the RB. The squad looks like this:

Ivanović - ______ - Terry - A. Cole

We have only one place for CB than. Who will you put there? Alex or Luiz?

But if everyone play at their manually position, the squad looks like this:

Bosingwa - Alex/Ivanović/Luiz - Terry - A. Cole

Who of them do you prefer and why?

Greetings! :cfc:

Artinho8

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Ancelotti would try Luiz at full-back, where his attacking nature is encouraged. Personally I think our CB partnership of Alex-JT is the best, but as soon as Luiz adapts fully to the league he will most likely be one of the best in Europe. We have to appreciate he is still new to the league, and once he learns the discipline necessary he will be world class.

Currently, I think our strongest back four is Iva - Alex - Terry - Cole but if the rumors about VDW are true then I'd have him over Iva, he'd bring a lot more balance to the side, imo. Sadly I think Iva has to go unless he's happy sitting on the bench.

Luiz should be rotated, at the minute he's far too raw too be trusted in big games and should start against lower to mid table opposition that are more likely to sit back on us at home.

1 bad game at Old Trafford and suddenly Luiz is a bad Centre Half? doh.gif

Did you see his performance at home to Man.U and Man.C especially? only a long shot was scored not ONCE why Luiz was on the pitch our defense got broke down that match and without him their defenses might not have got broken down.

It's so tough to chose

A- Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

B- Luiz - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

C- Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

D- Luiz - Alex - Terry - Cole

I'm pretty sure Terry and Cole will always play, that's guaranteed at least the next 2 years. Imo Ivanovic is a must too so it's down to Alex vs Luiz. Alex is a better defender imo, Luiz is more of a footballer so i'd probably go for the first option but we spend £20m odd on Luiz so he has to play. Like Torres, he has to play because of the price tag. It's unthinkable that these 2 mega January signings wont get action but i think Luiz should (He wont but he should) move to a more advanced position up into midfield. He could be the new playmaker if he wants to be but also he can be versatile which is priceless for any team.

Headache for Carlo with this current Chelsea Squad lol

Edited by OllieCFC

I believe our team has best players for CB role, all other players have usually 2 of them who are regulars and couple who are nothing special. Who does Real have besides Carvalho and Pepe? Albiol? Pff Manu besides Vidic and Ferdinand? Smalling and Evans? pff I won't even talk about Ivanovic being able to play as a right back and Luiz as a left back and a DM.

If I had to pick for Terry partner I'd take Alex because he has most matches in his legs with JT. Next one would be Ivanovic and then Luiz. I didn't put Luiz the last one because of his bad performance against Manu, but because he's still new in the club, he knows English as I know Chinese and he is also very young.

That would be for a tough match against a strong club, but for some easier games I'd pick Luiz because he needs to play as much as he can.

It is always good to have a good and big squad.Having a big squad is not really like Arsenal,having a massive bench (in terms of numbers) but with average players who can't change much.In the Mourinho era we had a very strong starting 11 and the bench was almost as good.So we had impact players and somehow i felt our injuries weren't this severe as they are in the past few years.

You think Luiz would be good as sweeper?

Yep! I'd been saying this for a while.. He's the type of player to bring that position back. The last real Sweeper of the game was Baresi, showing us how outdated it's become.

However under our system it can be just as effective as Baresi was in that legendary AC team. Who better than Carlo to train him there. I still reckon Luiz is better than Alex.

I wish Ancelotti would try Luiz at full-back, where his attacking nature is encouraged. Personally I think our CB partnership of Alex-JT is the best, but as soon as Luiz adapts fully to the league he will most likely be one of the best in Europe. We have to appreciate he is still new to the league, and once he learns the discipline necessary he will be world class.

You only have to ask a Benefica Fan how Luiz is at Full back and you will get an answer saying "ABYSMAL".

1 bad game at Old Trafford and suddenly Luiz is a bad Centre Half? doh.gif

Did you see his performance at home to Man.U and Man.C especially? only a long shot was scored not ONCE why Luiz was on the pitch our defense got broke down that match and without him their defenses might not have got broken down.

Penalty to Fulham in dieing minutes. If it hadnt been for Cech we wouldnt even be playing the title decider at OT.

Penalty against Brums at Home.

Got nutmegged at Half line at Stoke because of his tendency to commit early. And that lead to their goal.

And OT performance.

Alex - Terry is the best way to go at the moment, but with Luiz having the whole summer to train with the squad and get used to England who knows how good he can be next season.

Defensively Yes. But tactically No. We need to build our tempo from the back for which Luiz is much better compared to Alex.