• Replies 66.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Liverpool player 'fuming' with huge injury blow ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea fixtures

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/arsenal/liverpool-injury-blow-arsenal-Chelsea-4811782

90489839-0-image-a-74_1728133926978.jpg

The Reds could have a seismic injury concern on their hands ahead of fixtures against Chelsea and Arsenal following the international break.

Liverpool have suffered a serious injury blow in this afternoon's Premier League clash with Crystal Palace with goalkeeper Alisson unable to complete the game at Selhurst Park.

The Brazil international was taken off with 77 minutes on the clock and was visibly infuriated by the muscle injury he appeared to pick up. With no Caoimhin Kelleher in the matchday squad due to illness, Arne Slot was forced to hand 23-year-old Vitezslav Jaros his debut - the Merseyside outfit did close out a 1-0 win in South London.

Alisson ‘has done his hamstring’

The injury to the Reds' first choice appeared to be a hamstring problem, which is a huge worry for the side ahead of some huge top flight fixtures. Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, former Premier League goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer said: "It looks like Alisson has done his hamstring - he was fuming from the injury."

Liverpool welcome Chelsea to Anfield after the international break with a tricky trip to Arsenal following at the end of October - there's also a Champions League visit to RB Leipzig in between those matches.

Fresh injury blow for Liverpool man

Alisson has already missed two fixtures for Liverpool this season. The goalkeeper was absent for the Premier League meeting against Bournemouth at Anfield and the Carabao Cup win over West Ham, both in September, due to a thigh problem.

Kelleher deputised in those matches and Liverpool will hope that, should Alisson miss more fixtures, the Republic of Ireland international will have recovered from his illness to start between the sticks. Speaking during the Brazilian's recent absence, Slot said: "And of course, we're really happy with Alisson being back but I want to emphasise the fact that Caoimhin [Kelleher] did really well in the two games he was in goal for us, so another example of me having two, and I think even three, good options in certain positions."

Speaking after the match, Slot confirmed that he did not expect the goalkeeper to be back until after the international break in November. Looking ahead to matches against Arsenal, Chelsea and Bayer Leverkusen, Slot said: “Unfortunately Ali will not be with us in those matches I assume, if I saw how he walked off the pitch.

“What we do know is if somebody walks off the pitch like that, I don't expect him to see him in the Brazil squad or playing the first game back after the international break.”

Edited by Vesper