Lampard's time is up

Styles

A legend for Chelsea FC. Easily player of the year in 2005, f*ck Goofydinho! :lol:

But yeah, his first team role must be reduced. A great ambassador for the club, a legend in his own right along side John Terry. A mentor to Josh McEachran, a fan favourite, a potential coach one day. He's been there through all the success and all the heart break.

We salute you always Frank Lampard. You will take your place alongside the elite of this club, have stand named after you one day too, they will build a statue in your honour too..

Osgood, Wise, Zola, Terry, Lampard, Drogba - The Elite.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard was actually terrible against United yesterday. He virtually just stood around and did nothing.

Thing is, he has had to go through a lot of twists and turns with regards to his injury, and he hasn't played enough to be in form this season, not to mention the fact that he is well into his 30s now, which just makes it a lot more difficult for him to bounce back.

I still believe in Frank Lampard though! KTBFFH

I wouldn't say lamps is finished he can still do it but I do think he should have a role like scholes and giggs let him play in the big games, He's really unlucky as the way he plays is different from gerrard or scholes as they can play as attacking midfielders and playmakers where as lamps is only an attacking midfielder, also because of his position chelsea have no central playmaker only two attacking midfielders which wont help the strikers in the long term, he should for a half and give mceachran a chance in his postion

I definitely agree that he should have the Scholes role where he plays some games but at the same time others (by that I mean McEachran) play the other games so that they are gradually being eased into the first team and they should be comfortable and able to play when called upon. Its hardly something any Chelsea fan wants to do, how could any Chelsea fan not love super Frank Lampard but he is 33, his legs probably aren't what they used to be and when we have played in a 4-4-2 it has really put a strain on his attacking qualities. We have to accept that transition for futures sake is necessary and in this case it is necessary.

Nothing wrong with reducing his playing time imo. I love Lampard, he is one of my all time favourite players ever. All good things can come to an end though. We shouldn't be relying on our players of a seemingly older, more injury prone age to play our 50 games a season still. Him and others can easily play for much more seasons to come if managed correctly and having their playing time reduced.

Lets just forget his 9 wonderful seasons with us and fuck him off in the summer shall we.

Is anyone saying that? Scholes has been wonderful for Man Utd for years now, doesn't change the fact that he is getting on in years and his playing time has been reduced because he cant get around like he used to, the same should apply to Lampard.

No knee-jerk reactions like that I don't agree with. After all this time last year...NONE of us would've even dreamt of saying what we're saying atm. It's so odd

Last year we scored 103 goals and won the league and cup double, last year Frank Lampard wasn't coming off a 4 month injury at the age of 33.

Every machine needs to be re-fueled.

I firmly believe when it comes down to it, Lampard will show his true colours again, and you nay-sayers will be singing his praises forgetting the day in which you judged him to nothingness.

Lets just forget his 9 wonderful seasons with us and fuck him off in the summer shall we.

So on that basis lets offer him another 5 yr contract!!. Frank was superb for us over that period - no one can deny that but we have to move on and the time is now. The geezer is getting 150k a week thats £7.8 million a year. In the current climate with the new rules coming into play we cant be paying wages like that for players who cant produce any more agianst the big teams. I would like Frank to stay and play a smaller role next year as he is an ambassodor to the club, but not on those wages...

So on that basis lets offer him another 5 yr contract!!. Frank was superb for us over that period - no one can deny that but we have to move on and the time is now. The geezer is getting 150k a week thats £7.8 million a year. In the current climate with the new rules coming into play we cant be paying wages like that for players who cant produce any more agianst the big teams. I would like Frank to stay and play a smaller role next year as he is an ambassodor to the club, but not on those wages...

the money is a valid point ...especially if he starts less games

I believe this is the same case as Torres. They both need the summer break. Once the new campaign starts again, I believe they will return to their forms.

Possibly but Torres is 27 and Lampard is 33. Centre midfield is alot more demanding position......

His time is not up. However, he is not the player he used to be but Lampard is the type of player that will come back stronger. I believe next season he will be playing better, scoring and assisting more.