Lampard's time is up

Styles

His time is not up. However, he is not the player he used to be but Lampard is the type of player that will come back stronger. I believe next season he will be playing better, scoring and assisting more.

I hope you're right Wilson. I really do!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right Wilson. I really do!

I am. He came back from injury and he played well a couple of games. It's not just Lampards fault he played bad last night. Team effort does the job, not specifically an individual performance.

I am. He came back from injury and he played well a couple of games. It's not just Lampards fault he played bad last night. Team effort does the job, not specifically an individual performance.

True. But you must agree, now is the time to start looking for a replacement. At the age of 33, we must look to sign a replacement this summer so he can integrate himself the main squad and eventually succeed in the Lampard position.

True. But you must agree, now is the time to start looking for a replacement. At the age of 33, we must look to sign a replacement this summer so he can integrate himself the main squad and eventually succeed in the Lampard position.

We'll have none of that common sense thank you. Lampsy is a club legend. He should be first team for another 10 years. So what if all he does is run up and down very slowly and shoot from 30 yards? He is Super Frank! blue%20scalf.gif

Yeah, I'm always in favour of Hamsik. If he arrived, then I think him and Lampard would be a great midfield duo.

Lampard should not be leaving the club at the end of the season.... He also shouldn't get played every game irrespective of form. With the older players we have to be less reliant on them, yes we can use them plenty but we have to be able to play without them now because injury and a decline in their play is inevitable.

A massage by me from another topic about this subject:

First of all, Lampard got back from a bad injury, his first bad injury for years now, just 4 months ago.

I dont know if you are aware that a midfielder, good and dominant has he can be, cannot do his best for the team when

he does not have the help from other players, players that played well when he was SUPER FRANK.

Just look at Malouda and Anelka, remember their play last season? look how they are playing now.

when they are playing like that, and Torres is our 'not in form' striker, what do you expect from lampard? (and after this injury..)

All the eyes are on him, everything needs to go through him, and he doesent have the help, Lamps NEVER been a player

that can carry his team on his shoulders all by imself and score a lot of goals and pass for another easy assist. He isnt Messi or Ronaldo.

Do you think its just a coincidence that he is more dominant when Drogba is in? drog is our only attacking player that in sort of form.

Why do you think that Giggs can do this great great moves and passes? because Man u game is going through Nani, Park, Rooney,

and then Giggs has his space, what space does Lampard have? where he could got this space from? Malouda's dribbling skills?

Lampard cant rest for a second when everybody playing like they played this season.

Lampard always needed the quality players around him and Chelsea didnt have them this season when he came from is injury.

When he got back it was all broken. Last year Lamps was amazing, 27 goals and 22 assists,

because Malouda was there, Drog was there(not on the bench for torres), Anelka most of the time was there...

When they are not there, What do you expect from him? when did he ever been good when everybody played shit arond him?

how many midfielders can do that? no one. so come on, i agree that he can use some rest from time to time in the future,

but to rid of him? bench him? i dont think so, not so fast at least. An Alexis Sanchez type of player near him next season, and i think he will do alot better.

He needs time, the all squad needs time now with a new team(coach, some new players).

Why do you bench him so quick? did you see Wesley Snijder in the beginning of this season?

Lamps might never have carried the team, but he's always lifted the team to its full potential, unfortunately everyone has their time and I think this is his time, he could go on the Scholes/Giggs model though.

full potential of who? Torres? from the day is here Ancelotti didnt tried for once to change our game for him(im not complaining about it,

but he should have played Drogba and not try to play Torres has the NEW Drogba).

Malouda? Anleka? Kalou? this is potential? not in this season. all those players that were great before lampard injured,

start there awful run when Lamps was injured.Lampard failed to save the dip drowning ship and deal with is injury the same time,

yes, is not good enough anymore and he does not need to get another season in first team...not.

FB, he signed that contract three years ago and he was superb for two years of it. Can't see your point.

I dont think he's finished at all. He's still getting in the right positions, he's still working hard, passing is fine. He's not taking the chances, but its only such a problem because the same can be said of Torres, Drogba and Anelka. If one of them were, we wouldn't be talking about it at all.

My thoughts exactly, he'll return next season on a better note hopefully.

I think what the media and posters alike are forgetting is that he had a very bad injury that was badly diagnosed which in turn took him almost 4 months to put right, these injuries take there toll especially as he is no spring chicken anymore. The good news is, he will have a good break in the close season, i have no doubts he will be back with a vengeance next season. For me Lampard is far too professional to just let his form slip and because great players have that extra bit of determination within them, i believe he will come back motivated next season hopefully in a system that can accomodate him and get Torres playing again.

If he doesn't play as often as he has in previous seasons, then it would be foolish for us to to let him leave when he has a wealth of experience and we could use this to help mentor the very promising younsters that we have coming through the ranks, especially MacEachran and Piazon who will probably take his position one day.

I think what the media and posters alike are forgetting is that he had a very bad injury that was badly diagnosed which in turn took him almost 4 months to put right, these injuries take there toll especially as he is no spring chicken anymore. The good news is, he will have a good break in the close season, i have no doubts he will be back with a vengeance next season. For me Lampard is far too professional to just let his form slip and because great players have that extra bit of determination within them, i believe he will come back motivated next season hopefully in a system that can accomodate him and get Torres playing again.

If he doesn't play as often as he has in previous seasons, then it would be foolish for us to to let him leave when he has a wealth of experience and we could use this to help mentor the very promising younsters that we have coming through the ranks, especially MacEachran and Piazon who will probably take his position one day.

Thats true but he aint worth £150k a week to us anymore.

Thats true but he aint worth £150k a week to us anymore.

Agreed but thats not Lampards fault, they negotiated that contract a couple of years ago and how do we know that the club didn't stipulate a decrease in his wages as he gets older and plays less games, don't forget he could of gone to Inter for something like 8m. The club had to ensure we kept our best players and 1 that so happens to be the top goal scoring midfielder in Europe over how many years and not to mention how many assists........................