Chelsea 1-0 Wigan

We have GOT to bring him back, he's on fire over there!! He's feeling the Wilshere vibes :dance:

I heard he wants to stay at Bolton, i really hope not, but either way i doubt Carlo can adapt him into a starting striker, i don't think he will even rotate that much to do it anyway.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How have i oversimplified anything?, reality is also belief, has a big effect on players if they are confident. Liverpool beat Man United with a lot of belief, i didn't think our tactics were amazing over man united the day we beat them, i think it's the players who decided we are going to win this game,

Quite a long distance between deciding to have a good game and actually having one. For the biggest part individual performances won Liverpool and Chelsea their games against ManUtd and we can not depend on those to win us Tuesday's game or save the rest of the season.

On a more personal note I'm quite tempted to create a list of players who have scored since Torres' arrival. Surely CA keeps subbing Mikel to prevent him from getting one!

I heard he wants to stay at Bolton, i really hope not, but either way i doubt Carlo can adapt him into a starting striker, i don't think he will even rotate that much to do it anyway.

He's given multiple interviews stating how he's looking forward to playing with the likes of Torres next season. He has anticipated Anelka, Drogba & Malouda will soon be leaving because of their age & is ready to pounce when they do. Unlike Kalou..

Quite a long distance between deciding to have a good game and actually having one. For the biggest part individual performances won Liverpool and Chelsea their games against ManUtd and we can not depend on those to win us Tuesday's game or save the rest of the season.

On a more personal note I'm quite tempted to create a list of players who have scored since Torres' arrival. Surely CA keeps subbing Mikel to prevent him from getting one!

You know what i mean by deciding, basically pulling there fingers out, we all know Essien and Lampard are capable of creating brilliance in a match. But at the moment there under performing, team play also needs individual work, each player needs to be able to play well together, and we need a good central midfield if we are to beat Man United, but i would like Benayoun to play instead of Lampard against United, we need our players performing well, but knowing they can perform well and actually have some faith in themselves they can beat Man United, cause i think some of them give up at times. When the crowds going wild the players play much better under it, and the oppesition is shitting themselves, that for me is some good belief from the crowd and something for the players to play under. But of course at Old Trafford our crowd is going to be out numbered, so players must be able to know they can outplay United, team work can only come if our players know they can do it.

He's given multiple interviews stating how he's looking forward to playing with the likes of Torres next season. He has anticipated Anelka, Drogba & Malouda will soon be leaving because of their age & is ready to pounce when they do. Unlike Kalou..

I didn't know that, thanks for sharing that, really good news, i thought he was going to stay at Bolton. Hope there is a big chance for him next season. He's proved he can finish goals in the premier league.

I don't think that we should get over excited with the Sturridge situation. He has adapted to the Bolton squad very well, but how sure can we be that he would adapt with us as well? Maybe he won't score at as many once he gets back, if he gets back. I would not be surprised if he gets Torres' luck to be honest, but let's hope that next season he returns to Chelsea and scores as many as possible.

I don't think that we should get over excited with the Sturridge situation. He has adapted to the Bolton squad very well, but how sure can we be that he would adapt with us as well? Maybe he won't score at as many once he gets back, if he gets back. I would not be surprised if he gets Torres' luck to be honest, but let's hope that next season he returns to Chelsea and scores as many as possible.

It could be a big chance still, the thing is with Sturridge he gets very little chance at bolton with shots, he just manages to bags all of them. Honestly i can swear he only gets 2 or 3 shots in his luckiest game.

Just got back. Awful match and performance, but we got what we needed ahead of Tuesday. Thought Torres' introduction made for a great last half an hour - he had lots of chances and played well again.

What does that accomplish, save to rub it in further? No one is going to argue about his current form, the question is whether you believe he's going to snap out of it for the better or not.

Agreed. The set-up at Bolton is clearly working for him. He's a tremendous talent but I think we can all agree form isn't always just about talent. I hope he has the same success at Chelsea but it won't be an automatic translation.