Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

He (Ramires) was capped yesterday, he'll play for us in September 7th.

Also it's all down to preferences. For some reasons Mano and now Felipão don't rate/favor Willian the same way many others were overlooked throughout the years and others made it to the NT for reasons I can't understand.

Saw this on twitter. had a laugh

Footy Humour ‏@FootyHumour 8h

Willian. Talked with LFC, had a medical at Spurs, now in advanced talks with Chelsea. Expect him to sign for Arsenal & loaned to Man City.

The transfer window is like an orgy... you don't know who is getting who, but they make sure to shoot in every possible direction. It's funny, except when it's tragic.

I think if the deal for Rooney involves Mata, we're being stupid. I'm not even comparing Rooney to Mata, but just realizing how Mata is perfect for ManUtd. The style of player that does really well in their team and he would have Robin ahead of him. This is crazy. It's not how much we'll miss Mata - I don't think we'll miss him much... we played the best 45 minutes of football in a long time in a match he didn't take part. We have talented players who I believe have higher ceiling than Mata (Kevin, Oscar, Eden) and they aren't that far from taking their game to the next level.

It's not about weakening us because I don't believe we'd be weakened, especially with Willian joining... but it's mainly about strengthening the competition - and such a strong competition as ManUtd. I don't like the idea of it.

Sure and I know Ramires has been left out because of the miscommunication with CBF. However, my point was about the strength in depth that Brazil consistently display. Even when we don't have that strong starting XI, a second team with different players could still be contenders. Yes, it varies, but more so for the quality of the starting XI.

Yeah, the fact papers make money when making stuff up is just all incentive they really need.

Mata would indeed improve United, but he also takes away. For example, United are very strong defensively, and on occasion can even pressure the opposition in their own half, which they did against us @ the bridge. If Mata is on, that becomes more difficult.

Still, Mata may very well be the price we need to pay to get Rooney, and I'm not a big Rooney fan; think there are better options out there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata on best form vs Rooney on best form? There is only 1 winner there... and he English. Didn't Rooney scored 12 goals and had like 12 assists himself last season despiting being out for nearly 2 months and apparently had one of his worse season ever?

Isn't that roughly the same amount of goals and assist Mata got in BPL and it was supposed to be Mata's best ever season in a football shirt. So a crap Rooney is already almost as good as the very best Mata.

Mata on best form vs Rooney on best form? There is only 1 winner there... and he English. Didn't Rooney scored 12 goals and had like 12 assists himself last season despiting being out for nearly 2 months and apparently had one of his worse season ever?

Isn't that roughly the same amount of goals and assist Mata got in BPL and it was supposed to be Mata's best ever season in a football shirt. So a crap Rooney is already almost as good as the very best Mata.

LOL.....Nothing else can express my feeling after reading this, LOLOLOLOLOL

Pivot: Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Van Ginkel

Striker: Ba, Lukaku, Torres.

Willian: NEVER A LEFT WING.

Essien, lmao

Van Ginkel is a prospect (pre-season has never told us anything)

Lampard (regardless of the first 2 games) won't be playing week in week out, and shouldn't be.

Mikel is just squad bulk now, he'll be thrown into the mix when we need to control a game, 70th minute mark. He will ask to leave next season..

1. Ramires

We have no strikers, only a prospect, a flop and a guy who isn't good enough for this level.

You know why Willian wasn't picked a lot for Brazil team? Because Brazil have a lot of top class wingers like Neymar, Hulk...etc who are all better than Willian. Also the fact that he is playing in Ukraine/Russia league doesn't help either, Brazil manager is not going to come over there to scout him so again an disadvantage.

Look at Fernandinho, just as good as Ramires is not better and never been picked for Brazil I think? And why? Because he was playing in Ukraine. Now Bernard has just ruined his career too by moving to that league.

Sorry but Hulk is wack. Willian is better!

I like Willian. But I agree with the no room for him argument as of now. I don't want to see Mata leave. I know he had a weak match Wednesday, but he's been so valuable to us since he joined.

Mata is not a striker he had 17 assists in BPL and about 25 assists overall

Mata is not a striker he had 17 assists in BPL and about 25 assists overall

29*

can't believe in majority of you guys, ffs. you want to give your team's best player of the last 2 years for a man who is injury prone and not proven in our team? who are we? Arsenal?

you want to drop Mata, the best attacking player, because he doesn't defend well? wtf? let's get rid of Cech because he doesn't score plenty... Mata is only 25 and has yet to play under great manager. do you remember where Drogba was when he was 25? or what he did in his first two seasons?

Another point in discussion - Mata's pace. Do you know these two guys called Terry and Lampard?

29*

can't believe in majority of you guys, ffs. you want to give your team's best player of the last 2 years for a man who is injury prone and not proven in our team? who are we? Arsenal?

you want to drop Mata, the best attacking player, because he doesn't defend well? wtf? let's get rid of Cech because he doesn't score plenty... Mata is only 25 and has yet to play under great manager. do you remember where Drogba was when he was 25? or what he did in his first two seasons?

Another point in discussion - Mata's pace. Do you know these two guys called Terry and Lampard?

What the hell does Cech have to do with Mata?

It's not like Mata is untouchable...as long as we find quality replacements.