Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

just one thing I keep reading in the forum - and I chose this thread to post about it randomly I guess - is that you guys insist on having the likes of Oscar and Kevin in the double pivot - some of which even suggests BOTH at the same time with tons of CAMs ahead of them such as Schurrle, Mata, Hazard, and now Willian.

Do you really expect the likes of Oscar and Kevin to stop ManCity's midfield? Or Spurs'? Or even Arsenal's? And that's only in England - not to count Europe.

I mean it makes no sense whatsoever! We'd be so exposed to opposition that it isn't even funny! Now even Willian is in the contest of who should play our DM. I think that's some craziness.

You are suggesting Lampard is doing a better job than Oscar in defense? Lampard barley contribute in defense.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much difference. Just stating for the sake of it. <_<

Seriously?! That's like saying Cech can play as a ST because he is a top player and can adapt to it. :doh:

Now your just being silly aren't you....read what you have just posted again and then tune in.

Mmm honestly can't see Moses leaving as he helps with the English contingent rules for Europe.

Actually nervous that Mata could be about to leave. Makes sense, he isn't your typical Mourinho player, not quick or powerful and lacks discipline defensively.

In Jose I trust I guess.... but this could be a disaster if true.

You are suggesting Lampard is doing a better job than Oscar in defense? Lampard barley contribute in defense.

I'm suggesting we have real DM's in the position, not CAM that although have good pass and can put an effort defending won't be able to defend 90 minutes in a competitive way. That's for when your squad is small, your DM's are injured and you have to improvise. It makes no sense to have a formation that is

Oscar - Kevin

Schurrle - Mata - Hazard

ST

NO SENSE. We'll concede goals right and left and still many think this is the ideal. Good thing we'll never see such rubbish with Mourinho management.

I'm suggesting we have real DM's in the position, not CAM that although have good pass and can put an effort defending won't be able to defend 90 minutes in a competitive way. That's for when your squad is small, your DM's are injured and you have to improvise. It makes no sense to have a formation that is

Oscar - Kevin

Schurrle - Mata - Hazard

ST

NO SENSE. We'll concede goals right and left and still many think this is the ideal. Good thing we'll never see such rubbish with Mourinho management.

Wouldnt Oscar and Ramires make more sense. No one in their right mind would suggest Oscar and KdB.

Now your just being silly aren't you....read what you have just posted again and then tune in.

Pot calling the kettle black...

If players can adapt to new positions so easily out of the blue like you are making it out to be, then why do we even bother buying another ST? Let's just start turning all of our current players to a ST, MF and DF and we would then have players for all positions without having to worry about any problem.

Just the thought of Mata playing one of his signature picture perfect passes through to RvP makes me cringe. :(

Yes, if we got Rooney it would improve us, but it'll also improve them. If giving them Mata is the only way to Rooney I'd pass.

Maybe Jose could see Willian sitting in the pivot.

yeah and maybe he puts up Ivanovic as a striker. i mean in pro evolution soccer a player can learn a new position within a year.

I think Levy is being uptight as usual. Now that Willian is in London the ball is in his court and he is trying to negotiate a lower price with Anzi. Anzi probably aren't having it, so the agent has probably been told to inflict pressure on Spurs so that they cough up. I wouldn't be too worried about this going through. But hey I could be wrong.

Oscar - Kevin

Schurrle - Mata - Hazard

ST

No one's suggesting an Oscar-KDB pivot, that would be crazy, we are thinking about a Ramires-Oscar/KDB pivot. Lampard isnt a DM, and to be honest i dont think he's better defender than Oscar, so i dont get your point.

Wouldnt Oscar and Ramires make more sense. No one in their right mind would suggest Oscar and KdB.

go read the posts here or in the match against ManU and you'll find it. But Mourinho is going to be dead before that happens. There's also the version that is Oscar + Willian

I don't think it's a case of Oscar playing there at all. It's one thing to have a great work rate and another thing to really be effective defending against strong midfields. But I hope Mourinho does that once... only once, he won't need to do twice.

No one's suggesting an Oscar-KDB pivot, that would be crazy, we are thinking about a Ramires-Oscar/KDB pivot. Lampard isnt a DM, and to be honest i dont think he's better defender than Oscar, so i dont get your point.

dude, if you didn't say it, then okay. I never quoted your post and said you suggested it, did I?

Mmm honestly can't see Moses leaving as he helps with the English contingent rules for Europe.

Actually nervous that Mata could be about to leave. Makes sense, he isn't your typical Mourinho player, not quick or powerful and lacks discipline defensively.

Ozil isn't quick or powerful but assisted almost 100 goals in 3 seasons under Mou at Madrid.

How does that work given that he's capped by Nigeria? Is it because he's always played in England?

yeah and maybe he puts up Ivanovic as a striker. i mean in pro evolution soccer a player can learn a new position within a year.

The fact you play pro evolution says it all to me.

But I didn't think you would get it, it involves thinking.