Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This move actually makes more sense to me now when I think of it this way: Hazard/Schurrle (Left wing), Oscar/Mata (Middle), De Bruyne/Willian (Right wing). That's 2 top players competing for 3 separate positions, while all being able to cover in those other positions themselves. This, to me anyway, is a good amount of competition.

Now it just becomes a question of whether Moses leaves or not, and if so, who replaces him on the HG quota (if that would even be needed, I don't have a clue.) Or if De Bruyne goes out on loan for the season which'd crash the forum.

Can someone tell me more about a work permit?

How long does it take, is it guaranteed and is there any chance it not coming?

It's not guaranteed, but every big-money signings(Ramires, DL, Oscar, etc) got it. Probably the club has some "friends" and they take care of the work permit.

Not entirely happy about the signing. I agree that he will add something with regards direct right side play, but I can't help feeling sorry for players such as Moses, Schurlle and possibly KBD. I can't see Moses being around by the end of the window and expect him to be loaned out for a season to someone like palace as a replacement for Zaha - something like that anyway.

My only worry is that JM has an idea of Hazard Oscar Willian as his ideal middle 3 and now has the intention of brokering some level of cash + rooney deal for mata. I adore Mata so much, he is easily one of my favourite players in the world, however, I am eager for a striker (Rooney) to come to our club. If it means sacrificing Mata, with him being replaced by Willan and Rooney then so be it - It'll be better all round.

P.S - I hope i'm wrong and that Oscar will drop into the pivot with a Hazard Mata Willian middle 3 :)

This club is an embarassment at times. What an utterly pointless signing.

Thought the club was finally beyond insane deals like this. Seems not.

Another 4 or 5 careers wasted with this signing it seems. Chalobah, McEachran, Piazon, Loftus Cheek etc arent getting any chances anymore.

Pathetic.

We got money to burn, I don't care about those players. All i want is excitement when watching a match, those youngsters will make it if they prove they are good enough.

People who say Willian is not needed, its about Quality not Quantity it doesn't matter how many number 10's or wingers we have as long as the new signing/s add more quality to the squad that is a big positive. Willian is a massive upgrade on Moses so i am very happy with this potential deal!

Exactly.

I'm shocked by the number of people that underate willian. Bayern and madrid have 2-3 players for every position. If chelsea have the same then I'm glad.

I remember so many times last season when we couldn't do anything without mata playing, so we had to play mata tired at times, but now its a different ball game :dance:

Barca- neymar, messi, sanchez

Madrid - ronaldo, dimaria, bale

Bayern - robben, ribery, gotze, shaqiri

Dortmund- reus, aubumeyang

Chelsea - hazard, WILLIAN

Finally we have two DRIBBLERS on the flanks. Its been so long.

People want attractive football but forget dribbling ability and pure skillful football is part of that.

Another 4 or 5 careers wasted with this signing it seems. Chalobah, McEachran, Piazon, Loftus Cheek etc arent getting any chances anymore.

Pathetic.

The only person Willian affects is Piazon. De Rossi or whoever will affect Chalobah and co, and Mourinho already said Chalobah can join the first team next season, so maybe that's why we haven't gotten a DM? :carlo:

Pathetic.

Overreaction much?

This move actually makes more sense to me now when I think of it this way: Hazard/Schurrle (Left wing), Oscar/Mata (Middle), De Bruyne/Willian (Right wing). That's 2 top players competing for 3 separate positions, while all being able to cover in those other positions themselves. This, to me anyway, is a good amount of competition.

Now it just becomes a question of whether Moses leaves or not, and if so, who replaces him on the HG quota (if that would even be needed, I don't have a clue.)

No it doesn't make sense. Stop being biased.

6 players for 3 positions is utterly pointless.

Victor Moses is more than good enough to be a depth signing and was in sparking form in pre-season.

£30m for a player we hardly need is ridiculous.

The money would have been better served spent on Luke Shaw, a CB, Striker or a DLP.

Now it just becomes a question of whether Moses leaves or not, and if so, who replaces him on the HG quota (if that would even be needed, I don't have a clue.) Or if De Bruyne goes out on loan for the season which'd crash the forum.

Yes, because you tried it in FIFA, right?

Overreaction much?

No, it's not. I agree with him, the clubb dissapoints us very often. Sacking managers, ruining young player carreer, signing players from rival teams, appointing Benitez ( :D). Being succesful is important, but I don't like this conception.

Do you know why Mourinho jumped in for Willian?

Because he saw Mata was not good enough at RW, Kevin can't play there all the time and Moses is not good enough too.

That is jumping to conclusions based on one game you saw Mata play out there.

Mata is not quick enough to play the wing against the super powers of football. He is more effective centra. That is the most obvious fact about Matas game. With Willian we now have 4 natural wingers in Hazard, Schurrle, Moses and Willian with KdB also capable of playing there. I'm fine with gaving that many options plus pissing of the Yid scum in the process.

This isn't our last signing either. Expect a striker almost certainly.

Pathetic.

I get your angle fully however the aforementioned players have nothing to do with Willian arrival. Different positions for a start apart from Piazon who I don't think is good enough. However players we have already, capable of doing a job will see chances limited.

What other alternatives are there? Only way to get them all playing time is if one of them plays as a CF (position change) like you said. And, if that was the case then spending 30M to turn an AM to a CF doesn't make sense either when you can spend that 30M and buy a dedicated CF in the first place.

Who else can change their position?

As has been mooted for some time, Jose may have decided that he sees KDB or Oscar occupying a deeper position to make use of there passing range. Or maybe even Schurrle will play a more prominent role as a striker. The point is, wait and see what is planned before bashing a signing and saying 'x player will suffer'.

Pathetic.

Apart from the fact that 3 of the players you listed are central midfielders while Willian is attacking. And in the case of Piazon, Boga etc they haven't even reached 20 yet. Not all players have to breakthrough at 18. It's rare nowadays at a top club

Oscar, KDB, Van Ginkel, Ramires doesn't affect Josh, Chalobah and RLC? You guys are even more naive than I thought.

Oscar and KDB would both start for almost any team in the World and would be on their way out if they aren't first choice which means we have to pigeon hole both players there if we want to keep both.

So yes Mou would rather play those two deeper rather than the aforementioned players.

60 games for 3 positions = 180 games to be distributed over 6 players

On average that's 30 games a player assuming all equal. That's less playing time you'd get on 80% of the clubs worldwide because that's how good are bench players are going to be now.

Hazard - 45 games minimum

Mata - 40 games

Oscar - 40 games

Willian - 40 games

KDB - 15 games (not good enough)

Schurrle - 0 games (lol)

How else are you going to distribute it?

I think its better to go by minutes rather than games.