Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

How come he hasn't been capped more times for Brazil? surely if he is worth £30 million he would at least be considered more often..

I know Fernandinho has few caps, but i get the feeling if Oscar or Neymar went to Russia they will still get many caps for Brazil, like Hulk did.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really think that midfield would struggle, don't think Oscar can be moved into the pivot, I think he'll continue to play as a central attacking midfielder

I think Oscar could definitely play in the pivot, seeing his first rate defensive skills... Just look at where he was playing mostly during the Villa game! Not sure if mourinho would agree with me though :P

Oscar is younger with more caps for brazil, and willian is more expensive... So essentially we are over paying for a player we don't need in a position we are stacked in. So i can't see it happenning as all logic deems this to be an unecessary transfer.

And i would put oscar in the pivot whether we get him or not.

Rambo Oscar

KDB Mata Hazard

With Schurrle and Moses for cover seems the right balance for me. We get added depth from Oscar being obviously able to play more advanced and the likes of Essien Lampard and Mvg who can play centrally.

Where the fuck and who the fuck started the rumour "Mata to United"?

It's the most stuipid thing Ive heared here in a while. We arent dumb enough to strenghten United squad like that. No way in hell is that a good deal. Imagine RvP with someone like Mata behind him. If Mata goes anywhere in the future, it wont be to another PL club for sure.

How come he hasn't been capped more times for Brazil? surely if he is worth £30 million he would at least be considered more often..

I know Fernandinho has few caps, but i get the feeling if Oscar or Neymar went to Russia they will still get many caps for Brazil, like Hulk did.

But that is different, Oscar or Hulk or Neymar already had a brilliant period in visible teams. The first two had stupidly amazing performances in the Brazilian League and the latter had a superb season with Porto...

However, Willian left Corinthians very young, after only 6 months as a professional and went directly to Ukraine (where nobody here has acess to it, unless they are playing an UEFA tournament). With him and Fernandinho playing in the EPL, prepare yourself to see more of them playing for Brazil!

The biggest problem Brazil have is exactly our biggest strengh, the incredible amount of good players at our disposal. We have way too many talented players to fit in, enough to make two teams and be better than most of the world. Because of that, when a manager gets used to or trust a determined group, it is hard for someone else to make the cut; even if he badly deserves it.

That is what currently happens with Coutinho, Fernandinho, etc. Which isnt something new and has actually also happened many other times: Ademir da Guia in the 60s, Dirceu Lopes in 1970, Juninho in 1998, Alex in 2002, Neymar in 2010, etc...

This signing most likely means mata is leaving,there is no other logical explanation for it.

If you think about it abit more, the fellaini rumours has faded away abit this week also, another fact to consider

Hopefully im dead wrong but i got this nasty feeling

talkSPORT understands Tottenham are still favourites to land Anzhi Makhachkala striker Willian, despite Chelsea’s attempts to hijack the deal.

http://talksport.com/football/spurs-still-favourites-land-willian-despite-chelsea-bid-13082356850

taklSPORT... It's hard to take this article serious, they don't even know Willian's position. Striker.. Bravo.

Again guys, if we're really considering Willian maybe it's because Jose wants to play him strictly out wide to provide us with more width. I think Jose would have him rotating with Schurrle at LW which would mean Moses would likely have to be moved on.

I know it's only been 2 games, but look how hard we found it for large parts of them trying to unlock these defenses who just park their entire teams around the box. Notice how when we got it out wide and spread them out it was much more effective. When opponents defend really narrowly it negates our attacking midfield.

Willian or Schurrle on the left, Mata or Oscar as #10's, and Hazard or De Bruyne on the right. And they can all rotate at will. That's incredible, title winning depth right there.

Again guys, if we're really considering Willian maybe it's because Jose wants to play him strictly out wide to provide us with more width. I think Jose would have him rotating with Schurrle at LW which would mean Moses would likely have to be moved on.

I know it's only been 2 games, but look how hard we found it for large parts of them trying to unlock these defenses who just park their entire teams around the box. Notice how when we got it out wide and spread them out it was much more effective. When opponents defend really narrowly it negates our attacking midfield.

Willian or Schurrle on the left, Mata or Oscar as #10's, and Hazard or De Bruyne on the right. And they can all rotate at will. That's incredible, title winning depth right there.

Still missing that goal scoring striker though, Torres/Ba on field now only to make up 11 players but they play as if they are playing a charity match. I don't think Jose is stupid enough to get another winger BUT REFUSES TO GET A STRIKER and I am sure we will only spend big on one player before the closing of the transfer window.

So the logical explanation is that we are gonna sign Eto'o+Willian for around £35-£38m or another top striker will move to us on a free. Now none of them are out of contract atm and not many left so many people assume it will be Rooney. But again MU don't want to sale and in order to get him we need a bargaining chip, that is where Mata rumor come in.

Make sense now everyone?

If Willian joins I dont think it affects Mata personally. If Utd reject our bid after Mondays game, we just move to plan B whoever it is. I'd be more inclined to believe that if Willian joins, Moses will go. Oscar will go to CM, and Mikel will go

That's not a bad thought.. I never saw Oscar as an attacking midfielder anyway. He's more of a centre mid with bags of pace.

What annoys me, is that Mata does not need any pressure to keep his place because he's already made the CAM spot his own. Why bring in like for like? If it's any position we need new recruits, it's CDM. Whatever happened to signing De Rossi from Roma??

... or are we gunna let Arsenal have him!?

Don't know if I'd go that far but yeah, it's a head scratcher.

Hulk would've been the worst signing ever. :)

I wouldn't say worst, because i personally rate willian as a very good player.... But definitely the most confusing considering we have better players than him already. I wouldn't have minded if we got him instead of schurrle as then we would have lots of depth and quality. But schurrle and Willian on top of KDB coming back in our strongest area just makes no sense. Seems like a waste of money when we could spend that on a very good central midfielder or add a bit to it and sort out the striker position. I personally can't see it happenning, because Jose isn't stupid and has openly said about his striker target.

It would be one of the worst signings in recent history simply because of the fact that it makes no sense in terms of squad make up and because £32m for Willian is overpriced. He's a good player but we're absolutely stacked in the position he plays in so there's no point whatsoever, hence why it'd be a very bad signing.

I really can't believe people are happy this could be happening.