Frank Lampard = one of a kind

Tomo

Title just about says it all, i was thinking about this the other day and i thought off a lot of top players in Europe and most of them i found another player that bears resemblence to them but there was 1 i could not find a mini me for and he goes by the name of Frank Lampard.

Ronaldo for example great player but there are players in his mould and have/had potential to be as good as him (IE Nani and Quaresma, real shame Quaresma never furfilled his potenital).

Steven Gerrard is another example he is good at what he does he is a battler and can hit a mean long shot but there are younger players that remind me of Gerrard (including our very own Conor Clifford).

Xavi and Iniesta are basically clones of each other and they have Fabregas and to a similar extent Scholes who is in their mould, as-well as our own Josh McEachran who's playing style and pin point passing makes you think of Iniesta and Xavi straight away although Josh has a long way to go before he can be considered on that level.

Drogba has a clear mini-me in Lukaku, JT likewise with the likes of Phil Jones.

Beckham is also a great player but a few years ago Bentley looked like he was going to emulate Beckham like for like.

Messi as-well when i watch South American matches i can see players who play with his swagger (all be it no where near as good as him).

Watching our new player Lucas Piazon he looks like a complete replica of Kaka.

Frank however i tired to rack my brains and think of some-one but ive never seen any-one play remotely like him, Frank offers consistent goals and assists from midfield time after time after time, the one thing we have always been able to rely on come rain or shine, come Jose, Avram or Scolari is that Frank Lampard will get us 20 goals (on Average) a season from midfield, and im am dreading the day he leaves (even above JT and Cech's) as his goals and assits from midfield are PRICELESS, there wont be another Frank around in our lifetime's and most probally their never be another Lampard ever again.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, there is only one Super Frank. Whenever he leaves the club or quits his career, I will cry. Simply because I would not be able to accept the fact that I won't see Frankie playing again. Players like him make football a wonderful sport.

His testimonial (the very last game, probably some exhibition), lap of honour, his final speech...that's gonna be pretty emotional, I am sure I will cry during it, hell a lot. He is wonderful at what he is doing. Fuck all those bastards who are only abusing him. The fact is they envy. There is no one near to our Frank, he is exceptional.

But do not think about his retirement, that would make us sad. He will still give us some years, hopefully years of the same calibre, excitement and enjoyableness we are used to see.

35a5htf.jpg

His testimonial (the very last game, probably some exhibition), lap of honour, his final speech...that's gonna be pretty emotional, I am sure I will cry during it, hell a lot. He is wonderful at what he is doing. Fuck all those bastards who are only abusing him. The fact is they envy. There is no one near to our Frank, he is exceptional.

But do not think about his retirement, that would make us sad. He will still give us some years, hopefully years of the same calibre, excitement and enjoyableness we are used to see.

35a5htf.jpg

You could not be more right, no Frank IMHO will be harder to get use to than no Zola, if England gaffers realised Gerrard was over-rated and free'd Gerrard up they might have won something by now (or atleast came a lot closer than they have emo3.gif

Xavi and Iniesta are basically clones of each other

I'm sorry but that's simply not true. Xavi can't play Iniesta's game and Iniesta can't play Xavi's game, you see that when one of the two is out.

And while players can share some similarities, I don't think there are players out there who are (exactly) the same. Like the Drogba-Lukaku comparison, when I see Lukaku play, I don't get the feeling that i'm seeing Drogba.

But I guess your talking about players sharing similarities and in that way, yes Frank Lampard is in some way unique. But someone like Hamsik has something Lampard-ish about him.

But there's only one Frank Lampard. Absolute timeless, immortal legend who'll be spoken of in the same breath as Osgood and Zola 10 years from now.

I'm a bit emotional now.

emo3.gif its going to be hard seeing him retire, it was bad enough when he was out for 4 months but knowing we will never see him play again will be very hard to take, i think he will stay around till he is 38 myself all be it with a lesser role than for recent years, but that could work out to our advantage when he does play, he will be more fresh, the phrase less is more comes to mind smiliecap1.gif

He is a living LEGEND..............such a great example for youngsters as he never crosses his line on the field................could'nt think of CHELSEA FC without Lamps...............He should Forever be a part of CHELSEA Hierarchy

He is a living LEGEND..............such a great example for youngsters as he never crosses his line on the field................could'nt think of CHELSEA FC without Lamps...............He should Forever be a part of CHELSEA Hierarchy

emo3.gif

I'm going to be controversial here and say that over his career, Lampard has been at least as good as Zola, if not better.:ph34r:

All in all i have to agree, Zola was wonderfull and on top form was just magic but in terms of consistency Lamps wins not just over Zola near enough any-one ive seen play in my lifetime.

There is no one better at goals, assists and consistency from midfield than Frankie Lampard.

I'm going to be controversial here and say that over his career, Lampard has been at least as good as Zola, if not better.:ph34r:

Can't agree with that personally. For me, Zola was the greatest Chelsea player that I've ever seen play. Then comes Terry, then Lampard.

Terry's on pitch performances can never beat Lampard's. Terry shows a lot of passion when he is wearing blue shirt, and when i see him watching our youth team play it means a lot to me.

But Franks' play is just wow.

I dont think Frank will want to remain in football once he retires ..he said as much in a recent interview...He will remain a legend though

But someone like Hamsik has something Lampard-ish about him.

Indeed. Hamsik ticks all the boxes, perfect age too.

Napoli may have rejuvenated the squad and have become contenders after years of dwelling in the lower divisions. I doubt they could stop him leaving though.