JT: Your Support Is Fantastic

JOHN TERRY insists Chelsea are determined to repay the club's fans for never losing faith.

The Blues have endured a stuttering season but a win over Manchester City next Sunday will see them leapfrog their opponents and move into third in the Premier League.

Victory will also leave the reigning champions just six points adrift of leaders Manchester United with a clash at Old Trafford still to come.

And Terry believes the support Chelsea receive home and away has been a major factor in helping them overcome their troubles.

Skipper JT, who netted the opener in the 3-1 win at Blackpool, said: "The fans were brilliant again on Monday.

"It's been unfortunate for them because we've had a few away midweek games.

"We appreciate the time they spend travelling and the time off work and things like that, so from all the players we'd like to thank them for their great support."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3456023/John-Terry-has-thanked-Chelseas-fans-for-sticking-by-them.html

Can't argue with that.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see that, very rarely does a player come out and pay credit to away fans like that. Certainly never heard Gerrard or Rio/Vidic/Neville (or, whoever captains United these days) do it.

Terry is a born leader. Even when he's not officially the captain, he's just embodies a leader. I of course talk about England there, I'm pretty sure Gerrard/Rio doesn't deliver a team speech like JT would. He really is our Captain, Leader & Legend!

Have to say the support at blackpool was fantastic. He is always first to come to th e fans at the end. Gave a lift to a freind in Fulham Road once in his Bentley. Hewas the only player to go and commiserate withe numpty with the banner outside Cobham. Proper fans player :tophat:

I have to admit my knowledge of Terry has been watching him against Liverpool (Torres) for the past 3 years and for England. My view was also skewed a little by the whole Bridge thing added to a little of the England controversy. I also realize now the English media is something else.

Having watched the last 5 Chelsea games I have to admit I am surprised how much Terry seems to settle the back, inspire team confidence, and get it. Some say he's too old, he's lost it. I don't know but my two eyes tell me he's still valuable to the team. Being a leader comes naturally to some and it appears that's the case with Terry.

To easy to jump up and say that you never stopped believing in the team. Notice how all of the doubters have suddenly been silenced by three excellent results on the bounce? The fact of the matter is that the majority of fans started to lose belief, but for most of us, our faith and support has been unshakable. I hold my hand up and admit that at one point I allowed my heart to rule my head and prematurely wrote us off in the midst of a horrific mid-season capitulation, as did many of you. However, we can all agree that whilst some of us started to lose belief, we still support this team now as much as we ever did. We should learn that supporting this football club is the sporting equivalent of a rollercoaster road!

But more to the point, our away support has been amongst the most vocal this season - certainly in the Premier League. Our European crowds have been brilliant as well, and I'm genuinely gutted that money has limited me to only three games this season. Either way it makes me a very proud fan to see fellow supports back the club no matter what. Win or lose? Up the Blues! :cfc:

As for Terry's performance, I think by some distance he has been at least our best defender this season. Excuse the bias, but I am also struggling to find a better centre back in the Premier League this season. Granted he is more mistake-prone than he once was, but the most-reliable and in-form defenders this season have been Laurent Koscielny, Gary Cahill (both nowhere near Terry's level of consistency or ability, though both are young), Nemanja Vidic (who has been below-par the last couple of months in my opinion, possibly due to injury?), Martin Skrtel (who, in my view, is Liverpool's most-underrated player and by some distance their best defender, despite being a cunt), and then our own Branislav Ivanovic has also been a star. Still, Terry's been by far the best in the league in my opinion, and the fact he's also scored four goals this season already highlights his importance at both ends of the pitch.

Weve taken good followings to midweek games at Sunderland, Blackpool, Bolton and Wolves, early kick offs at Man City, Everton, Newcastle in the snow and euro aways in Moscow and Zilina this season.

I reckon the sun are only putting this up to try and use it against us if Copenhagen doesnt sell out next week. :carlo:

To easy to jump up and say that you never stopped believing in the team. Notice how all of the doubters have suddenly been silenced by three excellent results on the bounce? The fact of the matter is that the majority of fans started to lose belief, but for most of us, our faith and support has been unshakable. I hold my hand up and admit that at one point I allowed my heart to rule my head and prematurely wrote us off in the midst of a horrific mid-season capitulation, as did many of you. However, we can all agree that whilst some of us started to lose belief, we still support this team now as much as we ever did. We should learn that supporting this football club is the sporting equivalent of a rollercoaster road!

But more to the point, our away support has been amongst the most vocal this season - certainly in the Premier League. Our European crowds have been brilliant as well, and I'm genuinely gutted that money has limited me to only three games this season. Either way it makes me a very proud fan to see fellow supports back the club no matter what. Win or lose? Up the Blues! :cfc:

Agree, and it`s ok to lose faith sometimes on this rollercoaster tour. Forever Blues!

I have to admit my knowledge of Terry has been watching him against Liverpool (Torres) for the past 3 years and for England. My view was also skewed a little by the whole Bridge thing added to a little of the England controversy. I also realize now the English media is something else.

Having watched the last 5 Chelsea games I have to admit I am surprised how much Terry seems to settle the back, inspire team confidence, and get it. Some say he's too old, he's lost it. I don't know but my two eyes tell me he's still valuable to the team. Being a leader comes naturally to some and it appears that's the case with Terry.

I take it you used to read alot of scouse bollocks before? Let me guess,they were all saying Frank was fat and Gerrard is way better and Carragher should be England's first choice defender ahead of terry.

I've watched JT since day one in Chelsea colours. He never let's us down. Absolute born leader and 100% EVERY game. Apart from after the Bridge gate scandal last year when his head seemed elsewhere,he was making uncharacteristic errors that i'd never seen from him before,apart from that he has been class basically since breaking into the first team.

For which should have been even sooner as the ageing and starting to look useless Desailly was keeping him out of the team until Ranieri saw sense.

He can never be too old as he never had the pace in the first place. If only we had another few JT's coming through the youth ranks,he can never be replaced. Despite us having the likes of Gallas,Desailly,Lebouef,Carvalho IMO they don't come close to JT.

Apart from after the Bridge gate scandal last year when his head seemed elsewhere,he was making uncharacteristic errors that i'd never seen from him before,apart from that he has been class basically since breaking into the first team.

Even then, the very first game after the story broke, he scored a winner! :lol:

Even then, the very first game after the story broke, he scored a winner! :lol:

He did have some shockers though, however I do blame carlo for not giving him more time off.

(Familiar story) He just kept on getting played even though he was in a 'bad moment'.