Malouda ignoring Torres?

Henri

Just got this feeling after watching all matches were Torres and Malouda played ( maybe i`m paranoid) but for me it seems like Malouda is ignoring him and always

plays the ball to someone else?, or maybe its just bull....:unsure:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this feeling after watching all matches were Torres and Malouda played ( maybe i`m paranoid) but for me it seems like Malouda is ignoring him and always

plays the ball to someone else?, or maybe its just bull....:unsure:

No doesn't sound like Malouda at all. In the Copenhagen game he was desperately trying to play Torres in to get him a goal. I think Torres just makes such great runs and most of our playes are incapable of getting the ball to him so they hold on to it and the moment is gone.

Nope.

Malouda's just off his game now. Can't pass or shoot to anyone. Zhirkov please.

Agreed. bench him for a while, ala Drogba Lion King, probably work wonders. Hes had his locks trimmed so cant use that as an excuse for weighing him down :ph34r:

This is the first time that Zhikov has the opportunity to play in his natural position. Was very impressive last night - think Carlo will definately start him against Blackpool.

He has no confidence, you can see that... lost it a bit!

Yuri!!!

I don’t know if it’s just Malouda ignoring him. Nor if it’s even intentional, but I did notice Torres waving his arms a bit and towards the end of the game, doing the “put the ball on my feet” gesture. I also noticed that there were a few times where he was unmarked in the box and the ball never got near him. I don’t know if it’s just a matter of teammates not quite being on the same wavelength or if some have lost confidence in him. Or even if some are intentionally ignoring him.

Torres is a pretty quiet guy so I don’t think he’s the type to rub people the wrong way but I wouldn’t be surprised if some in the dressing room resent him. Not on a personal basis but what he represents—changing of the old guard, the owner’s new darling, highest wage earner, etc. I don’t think it’s necessarily a huge deal because they are all professionals but it’s gotta be on the back of some people’s minds and that may manifest in certain behavior or pattern.

I noticed it in this game (and commented in the Player Ratings thread) but didn't notice it in the others too much. I noticed Torres moving and connecting with players more so than previous games. He seemed to understand that Cole likes to attack and looked and waited for him especially second half. The same with Yuri. He had a few good interchanges with Anelka and Frank and Essien. Malouda not so much but most seem to think Malouda had a crap game so maybe that's why.

I didn't think he connected passes with Drogba too much but that's not a bad thing. When playing with Anelka and Malouda, Torres seemed to drift wide and deeper. When Drogba came on, Torres seemed to play a little more central, up top. I think there were a few times when Drogba could have been more aware of Torres space and movement but it wasn't a bad thing overall. It would be interesting to see them play an entire game - maybe Blackpool. I think they could pound a team into submission if given a chance to work together more than 20 minutes.

I think because the overall team was pressing and attacking in the second half, Torres looked sharper and more of a threat.

Malouda have to be replaced by Zhirkov! Definitely! Hes totally out of form plus I think that he is ignoring Nando, too. Do not know why, just feeling, I think he sould leave us this summer!

Last season he was a beast, could beat anyone one versus one, but this season he's been poor.

Zhirkov should play instead of him definitely. But Malouda would be a great sub still, we'd have a good choice when things don't work well.

Nope.

Malouda's just off his game now. Can't pass or shoot to anyone. Zhirkov please.

I think it's unfair to bench Drogba and leave Malouda on the pitch, especially when Zhirkov is back. It seems very unfair towards Drogba. But i think Malouda played well in this game, i'm surprised others didn't. But to be honest i was impressed with all the players, besides Terry, i think he had a bit of a bad game, but we all know Terry, he will shake it off. Drogba came on and played well too, usually when he comes on he's sloppy already and can't catch up with the team yet he has all of his energy. Then again i think Drogba will really turn himself around if the team does. Very happy with Torres to, good game for him, that goal he scored should of been allowed, i think it would of if the whistle wasn't blown before, but like Wilkins said no one knew who started with Luiz and Vidic i think it was pushing around, that could of been a Man United player killing off a corner, bit of a bad decision. In my opinion we out played United at the begining, it was Scholes who totally changed that game around, put it this way with the possession they got because of Scholes and to only come close once and score one goal goes to show they aren't very effective against our defence. The blues had much more chances, and at least we kilt some this time.

And on topic, Malouda in my opinion is a team player, i don't think he ignored Torres, don't forget Torres was playing a bit back at times to. Still very good game, but i doubt Malouda would ignore Torres.

Sorry for the big post by the way, i get carried away a lot and don't realise.