The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

And by the way, it is late 30's and early 40's when wrestlers start the Road to Retirement that normally takes 5 tears till completion, or sometimes, is forced due to injury.

Unless you're Ric Flair, and you can go on until you're 60! :lol:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're Ric Flair, and you can go on until you're 60! :lol:

Ric Flair is more like a sack of saggy fat then a human being now. Hence why he is wrestling in a corporation that is likely to go to a dead end.

Triple H was definatly planned to be the Anonmyous Raw GM, Once he said "And if your not down with that!

Could still be him tbf.

I would love it to be Stone Cold, especially since he is signed on as the presenter for Tough Enough.

He is a man whose heart is full on wrestling, but his career was ended short due to an injury. He still comes back to WWE whenever possible, as well as acting in some quite decent action films (better actor then The Rock in my opinion).

The Hardy Boyz have really let themselves go. I know they left due to WWE's touring schedule and Jeff due to some injuries, but they have really put some weight on. Matt being the worse.

You can tell tho with the face that it is him tho. Here's Undertaker vs Kane before Kane was Kane :P

Kane was called Dr Isaac Yankem... Jerry 'The King' Lawler's private dentist lmao. How times have changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx2fhL1NxKU

Funny what those 2 would go on to do together.

You can tell tho with the face that it is him tho. Here's Undertaker vs Kane before Kane was Kane :P

Kane was called Dr Isaac Yankem... Jerry 'The King' Lawler's private dentist lmao. How times have changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx2fhL1NxKU

Funny what those 2 would go on to do together.

Kane was at one point better then the Undertaker in terms of wrestling ability, but it was Glen Kacob's good nature that was his downfall, unluckly. Kane could have been twice the legend of Undertaker if he wasn't so against himself finding the gold, but with the likes of HHH, The Rock and Stone Cold instead.

I Love wm 17 but the best match for me on it was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIYsYFzcc9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJIRlLSduQ4

And i mean the triple h sledge shot on undertaker and the undertaker kicking out still remains one of if not the BIGGEST Heart stopper for me

And the last ride in this match was the best last ride by the undertaker imo

It was the best match by far because the Rock - Austin was a complete let down and Stone Cold turning heel. The best part of the taker, HHH match was the tombstone tho lol, it had been ages since it was done. I love the tombstone piledriver lol. Got pissed off everytime i saw him use the last ride.

I didn't like the American Badass Undertaker though, i was so glad he turned back to normal.

This argueably has to be my favourite match. The Determination of Guerrero to keep going really showed his image!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHguZW-E3wY&feature=fvst

So good, was so happy when he won the title. Deserved it so much.

Does anyone here watch TNA?

I used to watch TNA. Back in 2005 I saw AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels for the X-Division title. One of the best matches I've ever seen, only several from the old WWF/E match up to it.

Haven't seen it in a while. Are they all still there?

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are. Daniels got released but wrestles under a mask for TNA sometimes as contracted to ROH.

AJ is the best current wrestler in the world.....

I used to watch TNA. Back in 2005 I saw AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels for the X-Division title. One of the best matches I've ever seen, only several from the old WWF/E match up to it.

Haven't seen it in a while. Are they all still there?

They released Daniels?! :|

God TNA is really slipping up. Heard they got rid of their 6-sided ring, tried to start their own Monday Night Wars and basically are trying to turn into a new WWC? I knew they'd fuck it up with Bischoff there. All that's missing is Paul Heyman and then they really would go under.

It's a shame really, because TNA was excellent in terms of actual wrestling. Their tag-team was better, diva department was better and X-Division (or Cruiserweight, as known in WWF). AJ was one of the best in the WORLD, Joe was lethal and Angle had found a new home. Sting was also a great legend.

It's all fantasy in the end, of course, but its a shame they sold out. Jarrett must be heartbroken. Can't believe his wife died either :\

Well he is remarried now to Kurts Angles ex!!!!!! - they are making an angle out of it currently.

They will never be bigger than WWE but Hogan and Bischoff nearly drove them out of business....when they came in it was a joke Daniels relased the true TNA talent put on the backburner and they even brought in complete s**t like the Nasty Boys and Scott Hall who is a border line alcoholic!!!!!

Thankfully they went back to Thursdays and the ratings have picked up now that the Hardy boys are there along with Mr Kennedy and RVD...turning the Hardy's heel was a good move....

To be honest, I don't think anyone expects them to try and actually become bigger than the WWE, since it's a monopoly. However, what was different, and better, about TNA was they stayed true to the roots of wrestling. Their storylines focused more on the wrestling than some sitcom. For example the Main Even Mafia vs TNA Frontline was all about, who was better than who in the ring.

Speaking of MEM, I hear Booker & Nash have jumped ship? :lol:

They have signed deals with WWE, but this was obviously done to stop them resigning with TNA....Booker commentates on Smackdown and Nash has signed a "legends" contract....which means he has to attend autograph signings and promotions for them....They don't actually wrestle

To be honest, I don't think anyone expects them to try and actually become bigger than the WWE, since it's a monopoly. However, what was different, and better, about TNA was they stayed true to the roots of wrestling. Their storylines focused more on the wrestling than some sitcom. For example the Main Even Mafia vs TNA Frontline was all about, who was better than who in the ring.

Speaking of MEM, I hear Booker & Nash have jumped ship? :lol: