The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Guys. Honest Im not taking the piss and I defend amyones right to get into it but will someone explain what they see in WWE etc.

Yes I totally agree its entertaining and see it has a very big following. Do you watch it like a pantomime? With its goodies and the crowd booing the badies and shouting Hes behind you!

The wrestling on TV is obviously staged with each move choreographed trying to build the atmosphere up, andtheres obviously small injuries where a punch was mistimed or they fell akward. But it can't be classified as a sport. Its not exactly the UFC

Guys. Honest Im not taking the piss and I defend amyones right to get into it but will someone explain what they see in WWE etc.

Yes I totally agree its entertaining and see it has a very big following. Do you watch it like a pantomime? With its goodies and the crowd booing the badies and shouting Hes behind you!

The wrestling on TV is obviously staged with each move choreographed trying to build the atmosphere up, andtheres obviously small injuries where a punch was mistimed or they fell akward. But it can't be classified as a sport. Its not exactly the UFC

Good question bud.

I have been a wrestling fan since I was very young, like four or five. What drew me to it originally was the larger than life characters such as the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan, to me back then they were like the superheroes that are so popular now.

In terms of injuries, there isn't just small ones, broken necks, arms, legs etc... have happened in the past and sadly will happen again in the future.

I don't think, nowadays anyway, that its as pure pantomime as it once was, back in the 80's especially it was very much boo the baddies and cheer the goodies, but now its more shifted towards people liking the anti-heroes, or even as far as liking the bad guys because they appear more rebellious than the goodies goodie John Cena's of this world. That's the stage I'm at anyway.

I think wrestling is popular because there is something for almost anyone, storylines and drama, technical wrestling, high flying stunts, nice looking women, superhero characters for the kiddies. That's my two cents on it anyway as a fan of years and years.

Also I wouldn't necessarily class wrestling (not amateur but the WWE style) as sport, but I would class the participants as athletes for the condition they have to be in to be at the top of their game and entertain.

Ta for asking!

Good question bud.

I have been a wrestling fan since I was very young, like four or five. What drew me to it originally was the larger than life characters such as the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan, to me back then they were like the superheroes that are so popular now.

In terms of injuries, there isn't just small ones, broken necks, arms, legs etc... have happened in the past and sadly will happen again in the future.

I don't think, nowadays anyway, that its as pure pantomime as it once was, back in the 80's especially it was very much boo the baddies and cheer the goodies, but now its more shifted towards people liking the anti-heroes, or even as far as liking the bad guys because they appear more rebellious than the goodies goodie John Cena's of this world. That's the stage I'm at anyway.

I think wrestling is popular because there is something for almost anyone, storylines and drama, technical wrestling, high flying stunts, nice looking women, superhero characters for the kiddies. That's my two cents on it anyway as a fan of years and years.

Also I wouldn't necessarily class wrestling (not amateur but the WWE style) as sport, but I would class the participants as athletes for the condition they have to be in to be at the top of their game and entertain.

Ta for asking!

Yep I get and appreciate all you say. And I totally understand the injuries as Ive seen some of their stunts (They jump from some good heights, And I remember when Augayo died) but at the end of the day its still set up so thats the part that I dont understand.And how do they come to an agreement who will win? They all have such big egos I doubt any want to be seen as a loser. And its not like watching a film on telly as 99.9% know that its made up. It strikes me that theres people in the crowd that are so entranced you can see bloodlust in their eyes and they spit venom (a bit like me at the game yesterday)

I get that viewers get involved tho. Even me who only watchs it if its on telly in the morning and Ive either just got in or woke up - theres 'characters' that Id love to hit. Vince McMahon,Paul Heyman, Kurt Angle and HHH are good for starters. All smug gits. The Rocks a smug git too but he camps it up like hes taking the piss out of himself. I think Im more of a Eddie Guerrero type. Shame about him.

I am upset tho that Broc Lesnar decided not to go back to UFC. I'd like to have seen him and Frank Mir get it on but I read an interview with him and he said hed trained harder than hed trained before to go back but he just wasn;t mentally capable to do it. So he went to WWE.

• 2 months later...

i'm only a small follower of wwe (my sister likes it alot) , but it's so sad to see rollins out for 6-9months and vacate the title. tore his ACL , MCL and meniscus, but still managed to finish his match , and powerbomb a 150kg opponent off the top rope , through a table. brilliant wrestler.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...

THE MONEY IN THE BANK 2023 (MITB) at the 02 ARENA IN LONDON, UK.

Start time : 8 pm UK - SATURDAY 1 JULY 2023 , USA ET 3 PM , AUCKLAND NZL (MY TIME : 7AM)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_in_the_Bank_(2023)

https://www.wwe.com/shows/moneyinthebank

WWE MITB 2023 - IMAGE ON WWE WEBSITE

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_16_9_xl/public/all/2023/06/20230616_MITB_Match_RomanSolo_Usos_FC_Date--0c0e3428bc68646898d024cd0b33fbf9.jpg

Edited by KEVINAA

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...