Chelsea 2-1 Man United

BlueLion.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just popped in before i skoot off to watch the game..we win tonight and back in the race by this time next week prediction Chelsea 3 Man U 1

well i was out by one but i didn`t account for Torres goal being disallowed....disallowals(is that even a word?) don`t show up in my tea leaves.. :whistling:

Special Mention to Drogba and Ramires, who ensured we spent 90% of the 4 min added injury time at the right hand side corner flag in their half.

Luiz excites me to bits and I think I'm too biased about him so my MOTM to Ramires.

Fitting tribute to Ossie..

Come on Liverpool, now get those 3 points.

Why I'm happy:

• Rooney has still never won at Stamford Bridge
  • Ferguson's bitter response has made this victory feel even sweeter
  • I won money on a successful bet Luiz would score a goal before Torres
  • Win our game in hand and we're third
  • We could be nine points behind United with a game in hand by the end of Monday, should we beat Blackpool and Liverpool beat them.
  • Arsenal are only six points ahead
  • Tottenham are cunts, and are back where they belong (Europa League!) :)
  • Birmingham won the Carling Cup, LOL at Arsenal.
  • Rooney is a cunt
  • My lucky shirt is still lucky

Why I'm happy:

• Rooney has still never won at Stamford Bridge
  • Ferguson's bitter response has made this victory feel even sweeter
  • I won money on a successful bet Luiz would score a goal before Torres
  • Win our game in hand and we're third
  • We could be nine points behind United with a game in hand by the end of Monday, should we beat Blackpool and Liverpool beat them.
  • Arsenal are only six points ahead
  • Tottenham are cunts, and are back where they belong (Europa League!) :)
  • Birmingham won the Carling Cup, LOL at Arsenal.
  • Rooney is a cunt
  • My lucky shirt is still lucky

I'm still not quite sure how you feel after the weekend and tonight. :delight:

Delighted with the result and the 2nd half performance.

David Luiz is well on his way to become a fan favourite and even scored before Torres. He's got all the qualities Carvalho had, including cheating and escaping some ref decision, and even more!

Ramires had his usual good game but this time it was against a top team therefore I must say I'm more than impressed.

4-4-2 worked better than I expected despite Anelka dropping deep again for no reason. Our CBs and Ramires have to put double shift for it to work (to do the stuff Mikel usually does) but it's been a positive surprise.

Carletto's subs were spot-on (for a change) as Zhirkov had a great game and even Drogba looked like he's alive. Bosignwa for Luiz made absolute sense too.

I'm sure a lot of Mancs will whine about the refereeing and it kinda makes the result better because it's them. For the record, Luiz could have been sent off and our pen may have been somewhat "soft" but it was a penalty. I haven't seen the disallowed Torres goal or their penalty appeal yet so I can't comment on those.

Those last 5 days have been perfect for Chelsea fans.

Why David Luiz is a legend!!

• He has put in 2 and a bit excellent performances!
  • He scored an amazing goal tonight!
  • He looks like Puyol, and he plays like Puyol (maybe even better than him)
  • He's a sweeper, which is what we have been craving for since Carvalho left
  • His long balls are immaculate
  • he has the determination to win the ball back
  • he has passion
  • he scores great goals!
  • he wears number 4 (like the great Claude Makelele)
  • He looks like Sideshow Bob **

** And Chet from Awesome Video Games

And one final thing... Luiz has played 2 full games for Chelsea, and has been awarded Man of the Match in both games!!

What a player, what a defender, what a performance!!

Edited by CJ Revo

Fantastic night at the Bridge, really over the moon that we won, will be able to wipe a smug grin of a colleagues face tomorrow. Man of the match has to be David Luiz, who gave his all I thought throughout. A great goal by him, and a confident and well taken penalty by Frank.

Chant of the match which was earlier on in the first half, was 'Ashley's got a shooter, Ahsley's got a shooter, la la la la, la la la la'. Absolute classic. :lol:

Keeping the faith :blue scalf: