Why Sturridge Should Have Played

Miguelito

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this, it would take some serious ignorance and/or favouritism by whoever is manager next season not to give him starts in at least half of our league games next season. But let's not get ahead of ourselves; whilst we've seen what he can do in three games, let's see what he can do in a dozen, and see if he's still the subject of rave reviews.

After this, it would take some serious ignorance and/or favouritism by whoever is manager next season not to give him starts in at least half of our league games next season. But let's not get ahead of ourselves; whilst we've seen what he can do in three games, let's see what he can do in a dozen, and see if he's still the subject of rave reviews.

If Sturridge gets sold i would be more gutted than when Rooben was sold.

If Sturridge gets sold i would be more gutted than when Rooben was sold.

Robben's sale was justified imo. He was injury prone when we had him, and he didn't really take as many chances as he could have.

Sturridge is a different case entirely.

The thing is with Sturridge, he gets less chances then alot of our strikers get, he just executes them all, he has brilliant confidence, isn't scared one bit on the pitch. Think what Sturridge could be capable with even better assistance at Chelsea. I could never forgive anyone for selling Sturridge, i really couldn't, even if Drogba stays for next season, i want a lot of rotation for Sturridge, since he deserves it.

Nerveless players are priceless, if your good enough, prove it. Danny is good enough and look, he's showing it. 2 of his goals were lucky as fuck that shouldn't have happened but he anticipates getting chances and he reads the game superbly. When he gets a chance, he invariably puts it away.

The future is:

Kakuta - Torres - Sturridge

2 lefties on the wing, where have we seen that before? :P

Edited by OllieCFC

Bolton manager Owen Coyle hailed on-loan star Daniel Sturridge as a "natural goalscorer" after the striker scored his fourth goal since joining the club in January in their 1-1 draw against Newcastle and claimed he would return to Stamford Bridge having vastly improved his game.

The striker's display left his manager delighted after the Trotters came from a goal down to secure a point at St James' Park. Speaking after the game, the Scot was full of praise for his goalscorer, saying: "There's no doubt he [sturridge] is a natural goalscorer but he's more than that, I think he's a natural footballer.

"Obviously he can finish, left foot, right foot, he can score headed goals as well.

"He's got pace to burn, he's a clever footballer as well and the great thing I love about him is; he's exciting.

"He gets the ball and as a supporter, because I love football and want to be entertained, and when he gets the ball anybody in the stadium thinks something exciting might happen and that's the type of players we want in the Premier League."

Coyle, who took Jack Wilshere on loan from Arsenal last season, believes Sturridge's move to Bolton will benefit both the player and the club.

The Trotters boss believes, just like Arsenal did with Wilshere, Chelsea will get a far better player when the striker returns to Stamford Bridge next season.

He added: "[Jack] Wilshere has taken his game to another level now as we know and I've no doubts Daniel [sturridge] can, that's why I brought him to the football club because I believed he was that special.

"I said to him in there, 'don't be happy just to score one a game, get your goal and be hungry enough to get the second one'.

"You can see he's playing with a smile on his face and there's no shame in not being in the Chelsea starting XI or the Arsenal starting XI but as I said before, if these clubs have that calibre of player and they need the platform in the Premier League and I think they're good enough to get in my team then I'll try and bring them in because doing that for me is a win-win-win situation.

"Daniel improves as a player, Chelsea get a far better player back and Bolton Wanderers get a quality player that can help us improve and as a manager that's my job from year to year to try and improve the football club."

Must be great for him playing under a manager that rates him that highly (he praised him before he was at the club). Keep on doing what you do Daniel.

if these clubs have that calibre of player and they need the platform in the Premier League and I think they're good enough to get in my team then I'll try and bring them in because doing that for me is a win-win-win situation.

Well let's send the likes of Bruma and Clifford (maybe PVA too) there too ^_^.

Nerveless players are priceless, if your good enough, prove it. Danny is good enough and look, he's showing it. 2 of his goals were lucky as fuck that shouldn't have happened but he anticipates getting chances and he reads the game superbly. When he gets a chance, he invariably puts it away.

The future is:

That'd ofcourse be perfect but I doubt it will happen. Kakuta was hyped but in reality he's quite ordinary and we need to shake off the medicore statues we're getting. We need the reputation we once had, on the par with Barcelona.. With Daniel Sturridge I agree 100% but Kakuta is abit optimistic

That'd ofcourse be perfect but I doubt it will happen. Kakuta was hyped but in reality he's quite ordinary and we need to shake off the medicore statues we're getting. We need the reputation we once had, on the par with Barcelona.. With Daniel Sturridge I agree 100% but Kakuta is abit optimistic

It's the other way. Kakuta is better footballer than Sturridge.

We haven't yet seen the best of Kakuta. He needs to get acustomed to the League before we can say something about him.

Don't forget that Danny has played much more games than Gael.

The future is:

sturridge would be such a waste as a winger , his best attribute is his awareness and anticipation as a striker .... his passing game is not good enough to be a winger , if we are to use those 3 in the future it should be :

Kakuta

Torres Sturridge

kakuta is at his best as a classic no.10 and sturridge is better as a SS or CF , why play them as wingers !!

Owen Coyle is a brilliant, brilliant man-manager. Granted he may not be the best coach, but he plays good, flowing football and instils a positive attitude in his players. Daniel being at Bolton is a perfect scenario for the club, and for the player.