Is our midfield good enough?

Styles

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3-3 works, if you have pure wingers.

Anelka is not a winger, but got by on that pace he had. That's gone now. Malouda was great last season on the left, but now, he's gone back to that same infuriating player we say back in 2007/08. Zhirkov is nowhere to be seen either, and probably wouldn't get his chance at left-wing.

Sanchéz would be a good one if we're serious about playing 4-3-3, so that's the right-wing sorted. Now we need a left-winger. And before someone says it, Kalou is not a winger :rolleyes:

Malouda/Zhirkov/Sturridge - Torres - Alexis Sanchez ???

I think we do we can play all this options

--------------------Mikel/Ramy/Essien-----------------------

---Ramy/Josh/Essien------------------------Lamps/Josh/Zhirkov

(and for diamond)

-----------------------josh/Lamps/Zhirkov/Malouda----------------

as for the flat midfield three

---Ramy/Josh/Essien------------Josh/Lamps------------Lamps/Josh/Zhirkov

we need two additions at all, Dembele and Hazard or Pastore, thats it.

I think our main problem is a lack of wingers, Malouda is the only winger we have at the moment. Next season we should be bold with our decisions and enter a new era for the club, i think Lamps is coming to the end of the road. Ramires and David Luiz are both only 23 and they both are very exciting. I think Sanchez would be good coupled with Zhirkov coming back from injury, then we can try to sign Lukaku and Steven Defour then we will have a young talented core with great skill and strength. Sturridge will come back as a new signing and then we can really push for trophies next season !

well our problem is not onlt the midfield trio .... we never had xavi , iniesta kinda players back in mourinho's days but we were winning , the only creative CM we had was deco ... and he spent 3/4 of the season injured ...

the problem mainly is our wingers ... we lack creativity and in a 4-3-3 formation wingers main role is to create , they are not supposed to score many goals , nor just play the short simple passes ... wingers have to be creative...

i have always said that we have to get sanchez in jan. whatever the cost is ...... i would have prefered sanchez to torres , although torres is a great striker who would be a great aid in the next 3-4 years ....

we have to get sanchez and may be hamsik in the summer who is also a superb player , i was always one of those who praised luiz before he came here , and i am telling hamsik and sanchez are just as good as luiz in their positions ..

What i think we lack is someone willing to cross the ball , Flo always cuts inside and he sometimes wastes posession ash was on the wind in a great position to cross but he decided to shoot instead we need to get the ball in the box and let torres and Drogba do what there paid for. though Drogba does have a tendancy to drift out wide which is fustrating when no ones in the box...

Our midfield is a BIG problem. Ramires is the only player who is is any sort of form the rest are just poor and holding us back at the moment. Looking toward the summer is one thing but we are in desperate need of a solution for the rest of the season.

Our midfield is a BIG problem. Ramires is the only player who is is any sort of form the rest are just poor and holding us back at the moment. Looking toward the summer is one thing but we are in desperate need of a solution for the rest of the season.

have just posted about this on the boring thread.....my thoughts almost exactly the same as yours

As much as we don't want to rely on him at 17, Josh is a player who hardly ever gives the ball away and can create openings in attack. The way the midfield is playing i see no other option than to play Josh, but it won't happen. We will continue to plod on with underperforming players.

As much as we don't want to rely on him at 17, Josh is a player who hardly ever gives the ball away and can create openings in attack. The way the midfield is playing i see no other option than to play Josh, but it won't happen. We will continue to plod on with underperforming players.

at the moment I would prefer to see Josh rather than Frank

at the moment I would prefer to see Josh rather than Frank

i dont think we will ever see this franks a given starter until he cant play no more and this is one of the reasons we are getting no where. some of our players seem to have a golden ticket to play theres no preasure if carlos was to drop one and play josh it just might get them to book up there ideas but its also a risky way to get performances.

@Esk

sry Esk I cant agree, I think our best midfield right now is this one:

----------------Mikel

----Ramires-----------Josh (Lamps in 4-1-2-1)

-------------(Josh in 4-1-2-1)

and all of those three midfielder have shown pretty good outings for us this season, whilst Mikel has had 2 or three bad games the whole season, its right Lamps is over it, as is nic, and seemingly Drogs Malouda and Ess (he has ben awful despite one game after his red card)....

this midfield has everything you want, speed and dynamism (Ramy), Strength (mikel), technique (mikel/Josh) and very very good passers (Mikel/Josh)

its all about Carlo if you ask me, Lamps should be our own Giggs like drogs and Malouda, Anelka, Ferreira, Hilario and Kalou should be sold and Hazard/Pastore/Dembele (2 out of this three) should be brought in plus sanchez, like BLion said, he is a wonderfull right winger....

thats the best solution I can see right now...