Lampard set to captain England

Milan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very surprised to see him play, let alone be captain. Proud moment for him, hopefully we don't play as badly as last time we went there for a friendly. I really hope Frank plays well and gets a goal.

Remember this? Reading those comments has got me up for this match.

Don't really like these internationals, such a risk to our players getting injured.

Read that Rooney would have been the only other possible choice to be captain. At least Capello went for the right one. Well done Frank, just don't get into any nasty tackles.

Remember this? Reading those comments has got me up for this match.

I doubt you will lose this time. Denmarks national team has for the last year been 80% players who are injuried all the time or do not play for their club. 10% over the hill player. 10% actualy decent player who somehow is playing for his club, he will however soon move to a bigger club and sit on the bench.

By the way a couple of copenhagen players will probably play, sadly not Grønkjær though he retired after south africa world cup.

Lampard, who will win his 84th cap for England against Denmark, says captaining his country will fulfil a boyhood dream. "I'm very proud. I'm a very proud man," he said.

"I've been in the squad quite a long time now and I've waited patiently and it's going to be one of the proudest moments of my career to lead out the lads.

"To actually walk out (is a huge deal). I know it's a cliché but as a kid you do grow up dreaming of that moment.

"I'll try and play with an example in how I play. I'll just try and do my usual job but try and have an influence on my team.''

skysports

Don't really like these internationals, such a risk to our players getting injured.

Read that Rooney would have been the only other possible choice to be captain. At least Capello went for the right one. Well done Frank, just don't get into any nasty tackles.

Yeh Rooney's next but after that erm...Ashley maybe?

Long as he say plays least one half and no injuries..be all good for him :D and scores a few to shut the haters up..really they should shut up anyway as had the ref not been blind he's kinda helped our World Cup a lot!!

Well done to Frank anyway for getting the captaincy for tonight's match.I'm sure he'll do a superb job.

I've had the pleasure of visiting the Parken Stadium back in 1998 when Chelsea played Copenhagen in the ECWC.A very atmospheric stadium and with the roof closed tonight,it should produce a racket of atmosphere from both the England and Danish fans.

Lets just hope we bring back the Bacon!! :smiliecap1:

Walcott, on captain Lampard

There are so many players who could have been captain but he stands out because of the experience he has of the game and what he has won in the game - he is a born leader, any young player would be spurred on by having Frank as captain and I am sure he'll do a great job.

It is great having Frank around and I am pleased he has got the chance to captain England. He is a great pro, so experienced and has played so many games for Chelsea as well, they are the players I have always looked up to - he is someone any young player coming through should look at because of the dedication he has shown throughout his career.

It's nice to see him back - you want to see all the great players playing in the Premier League and for England, it is good he's back for me because I wanted him in my dream team as well. I couldn't get him because he was injured! Hopefully he can get back to form as soon as possible because England need him to be successful.

Good on Theo here.

I doubt you will lose this time. Denmarks national team has for the last year been 80% players who are injuried all the time or do not play for their club. 10% over the hill player. 10% actualy decent player who somehow is playing for his club, he will however soon move to a bigger club and sit on the bench.

By the way a couple of copenhagen players will probably play, sadly not Grønkjær though he retired after south africa world cup.

What about Christian Eriksen? Could you give your opinion about him?

What about Christian Eriksen? Could you give your opinion about him?

He got a pretty amazing potential, no doubt the biggest midfield talent from Denmark in a long long time, I think he can reach Michael Laudrup level at one point if he works hard enough because his techical abilities are really great and he is also pretty damm quick, he's a pretty small and thin guy though so he doesn't do very well inside the box. He's a player who I could easily see at a top club in any league in a couple of years but I think he needs to stay at ajax for some time to develop properly and get regular play time.

Sadly Denmark coach didn't have the balls to play him during the world cup very much and picked over the hill players who had been injuried for the last 10 months instead.

He got a pretty amazing potential, no doubt the biggest midfield talent from Denmark in a long long time, I think he can reach Michael Laudrup level at one point if he works hard enough because his techical abilities are really great and he is also pretty damm quick, he's a pretty small and thin guy though so he doesn't do very well inside the box. He's a player who I could easily see at a top club in any league in a couple of years but I think he needs to stay at ajax for some time to develop properly and get regular play time.

Sadly Denmark coach didn't have the balls to play him during the world cup very much and picked over the hill players who had been injuried for the last 10 months instead.

Are you going to the game tonight?