Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is not the manager, its the owner. No matter who`s gonna be coach, he will have a time limited from the beginning. For the first

time i agree with something coming from Arsenal, well ex Arsenal:

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/arsenal-legend-wright-chelsea-have-no-chance-abramovich-interfering-1579401

bring in David Dein as CEO

Zola as assistant to Carlo

rest of the board STOP plotting and meddling ..

Sounds like a good plan. Though I'd rather have Di Matteo as an assistant instead. Zola hasn't demonstrated much management skills required yet. Whoever's the assistant should be groomed to take over one day. Brendan Rogers?

Sounds like a good plan. Though I'd rather have Di Matteo as an assistant instead. Zola hasn't demonstrated much management skills required yet. Whoever's the assistant should be groomed to take over one day. Brendan Rogers?

wouldn't argue with your suggestions either

Be careful what you wish for

19th Apr 2011, In Articles, by Tomo-91

The title says it all. I am in fact stunned by the constant "Carlo out" calls.

Be careful what you wish for. Why?

Who is there better that is also available? Jose is not coming back – sorry to burst the dream, but he won't leave Madrid until he has won La Liga and that wont be happening next year. Furthermore, do you honestly think Roman will admit he was wrong and say 'there you are, Jose: unlimited funds you take control?'

Jose wont be winning la liga this season or the next so don't think he is ammuned from the sack! The days of unlimited funds are over, the new regulations are seeing to that, the facts are Jose will return one day to the prem, it just a question of when and which team he ends up managing.

Also I think its fair to say we can kiss goodbye to any hope of seeing some of our Youth Cup players breaking through to our first team any time soon. McEachran will be the only one that would even get a sniff if Mourinho came back. You can bet that the rest will be gone for the good of their careers. You can say what you want about Carlo with the youth set-up, but he has at least given them more chances than any other manager weve had since Vialli.

More chances? MacEachran is the only youth player that can back up you're claim about Ancelotti and he not been used anywhere near enough, infact when was the last ime he played for the first team? Bruma got one start, Van Aanholt played in the FA cup, i think Kakuta has got some minutes but very few and how do you explain the fact that we have one of the brightest talents being shipped out to Bolton when he would be a far better choice than that of Kalou, Malouda, Anelka and Torres?

Hiddink isn't the answer either. Yes, he did do well during his brief reign, but remember it was merely four months. That's the equvilent of a rich vein of form; and if he was Superman then why are Turkey struggling, and why did Russia fail to reach the World Cup? Granted it was all good under Guus because everything was going our way, but if things start to go against us, how do you know he won't be walking around wondering what to do.

Facts speak louder than words, we were the best side in the Prem when he was our temporary manager, if there was another month or so of that season left we would of won the league as well as the FA cup. That said he wouldn't be my choice but i would get him back as the new sporting director to replace Arneson.

Who else is there around? Rafa Benitez?! We do this we will be out of the top four, playing on Channel 5 at best, and he will leave us with a squad full of expensive flops. People say Jose is about the here and now, but name me one thing Rafa did at Liverpool that was building towards the future? That being said, with Roman's obsession with the European Cup and Rafa delivering it to Merseyside in 2005, I honestly wouldn't put it past Roman to make a attempt to get him. Perhaps then all the Carlo bashers will suddenly realize that one average season (where we can still finish second) isn't actually that bad after all.

Benitez? Absolutely and categorically not! Roman wants free flowing football, all Rafa gives you is boring to watch defensively minded set up teams that aren't successful either.

Who else then? Lippi? He is in his twilight years we will get 3-4 years as manager before he moves on. Rijkaard? Please, he got a dutch club relegated. Van Basten? Well, he got sacked from Ajax for failing to qualify for the CL. Pep Guardiola? He has one of the best ever teams at his disposal, fair play for making the best out of them but if we comes here he will have to build a team and his transfer record leaves a lot to be desired. Zola or di Matteo? Sorry but no, legends as players but that doesn't qualify them as great managers as well.

Bit of a contradiction here fella, you say no to Rijkaard but then you go to state that Guardiola has had one of the best teams ever at his disposal? Who do you think built the nucleus of that team and nurtured most of that talent? Rijkaard of course, in terms of watching great football and building a youth set up this guy has it, although granted there are question marks about his appointment.

Villas Boaz seems the only realistic option if the unthinkable happens this summer – but considering his commitment to Porto, wrestling him away will be an expensive option. So basically the only realistic target is Benitez and if Carlo leaves I would not put it past Roman to appoint him (because of his CL record) – and do you really want that?

According to Talksport last night that spanish reporter stated on there that the hierachy are more worried about the fact that Boaz has had very little experience in management, despite his successful stint this season. However if he goes on to win the UEFA cup then he is following the Mourinho path and maybe considered.

Basic rules with football management… you need…

• 1st year – to assess the situation (which Carlo did, winning a Double with players that weren't even 'his').
  • 2nd year – to make changes (again, something Carlo has done and in the long run the players he has brought in will have a positive effect on the team).
  • 3rd year – to really stamp your authority.

At least give him that year to do that and see where it takes us. As far as I'm concerned this has just been '2nd season syndrome' for Carlo and despite all our troubles we could still end the season in 2nd place despite a couple of months ago looking in danger of dropping out of the top four. Yet Carlo has still helped to turn our fortunes around when things were going against us.

You also need a manager that will not stand for any interference in his role whatsoever, the facts are there for all to see, Carlo has gone on record saying that he didn't want the likes of Carvalho and especially Ballack leave and we suffered because of it yet he let it happen. The Wilkins departure was another example of this and one that i've already mentioned that a manager like Jose would not permit and we saw him use his authority when they tried to sack Steve Clark.

For the record i'm for Ancelotti going but i am right on the borderline, if he gets another year then i won't be too upset but he has to improve his management skills in several departments (that i have already mentioned) i just don't see us ever winning the CL league under his tenure.

Di Matteo or Zola as assistant? No way. They're too nice and would be just like Carlo.

An assistant coach needs to be a tough bastard like Ten Cate or Steve Clarke, also one with good experience of being a number two. Di Matteo and Zola were both sacked for doing poor jobs as managers, what makes you think they'll be any better as a number two.

Be careful what you wish for

19th Apr 2011, In Articles, by Tomo-91

The title says it all. I am in fact stunned by the constant “Carlo out” calls.

Be careful what you wish for. Why?

Who is there better that is also available? Jose is not coming back – sorry to burst the dream, but he won’t leave Madrid until he has won La Liga and that wont be happening this year. Furthermore, do you honestly think Roman will admit he was wrong and say ‘there you are, Jose: unlimited funds you take control?’

There’s more of chance of Patrick Vieira and Roy Keane getting a civil partnership.

Also I think its fair to say we can kiss goodbye to any hope of seeing some of our Youth Cup players breaking through to our first team any time soon. McEachran will be the only one that would even get a sniff if Mourinho came back. You can bet that the rest will be gone for the good of their careers. You can say what you want about Carlo with the youth set-up, but he has at least given them more chances than any other manager weve had since Vialli.

Hiddink isn’t the answer either. Yes, he did do well during his brief reign, but remember it was merely four months. That’s the equvilent of a rich vein of form; and if he was Superman then why are Turkey struggling, and why did Russia fail to reach the World Cup? Granted it was all good under Guus because everything was going our way, but if things start to go against us, how do you know he won’t be walking around wondering what to do.

I think its pretty fair to say his job was made easier because of the fact he came after Scolari, and most of the players were just happy a new face was in. I would have liked to see how he would have fared if he came in straight after José – I love Guus and he is a great man, but if you think he will come back in and have us ruling English football you are sadly mistaken. You can also add that to the fact he has said he doesn’t want to go back to club football management either.

Who else is there around? Rafa Benitez?! We do this we will be out of the top four, playing on Channel 5 at best, and he will leave us with a squad full of expensive flops. People say Jose is about the here and now, but name me one thing Rafa did at Liverpool that was building towards the future? That being said, with Roman’s obsession with the European Cup and Rafa delivering it to Merseyside in 2005, I honestly wouldn’t put it past Roman to make a attempt to get him. Perhaps then all the Carlo bashers will suddenly realize that one average season (where we can still finish second) isn’t actually that bad after all.

Who else then? Lippi? He is in his twilight years we will get 3-4 years as manager before he moves on. Rijkaard? Please, he got a dutch club relegated. Van Basten? Well, he got sacked from Ajax for failing to qualify for the CL. Pep Guardiola? He has one of the best ever teams at his disposal, fair play for making the best out of them but if we comes here he will have to build a team and his transfer record leaves a lot to be desired. Zola or di Matteo? Sorry but no, legends as players but that doesn’t qualify them as great managers as well.

Villas Boaz seems the only realistic option if the unthinkable happens this summer – but considering his commitment to Porto, wrestling him away will be an expensive option. So basically the only realistic target is Benitez and if Carlo leaves I would not put it past Roman to appoint him (because of his CL record) – and do you really want that?

Basic rules with football management… you need…

• 1st year – to assess the situation (which Carlo did, winning a Double with players that weren’t even ‘his’).
  • 2nd year – to make changes (again, something Carlo has done and in the long run the players he has brought in will have a positive effect on the team).
  • 3rd year – to really stamp your authority.

At least give him that year to do that and see where it takes us. As far as I’m concerned this has just been ’2nd season syndrome’ for Carlo and despite all our troubles we could still end the season in 2nd place despite a couple of months ago looking in danger of dropping out of the top four. Yet Carlo has still helped to turn our fortunes around when things were going against us.

Could you imagine Rafa doing that? Because if Carlo leaves, his face in the hotseat is a real possibility. So for those who want Carlo out, be very careful what you wish for…

You made a long post just to say that Carlo should stay just because there is no better coach available. You made him look like the best manager in the world at moment. Dont seem a good nor a fair point to me.

Im done with this thread. I hope the season end as quickly as possible to see Carlo out. He is a dead man walking.

when folks talk about possible replacements for our managers i often wonder why we don`t seem to ever look at German managers. i know there`s been some great Italian managers over the years but they seem to be outdated in their tactics now.where as German managers seem to have evolved more and are more likely to come up with innovative tactics than Italians.

speaking just in general..i`m sure that`s not the case with every single manager in each country. but also German football is played closer to the speed of play that is seen in the Prem than what you see in Italy,more attack minded etc..just like the Prem.

this years German candidate would be Jurgen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund.

what do you guys think of him? i know he can be a bit of a hot head sometimes but i rate him highly as a coach..he has had Dortmund playing good winning football and leading the German League despite having rivals who have a lot more money to spend on players than him. at 43 he has years left in his career as a manager..i love Guus..think he`s one of the greatest tacticians of all time..but even if we could somehow prize him from Turkey and back into the dugout..he is 64!

i`m not campaigning for Klopp as such..Dortmund has always been the German team i root for after i first heard what the Nazi`s done to them in the past but i`m in no way biased..am English Chelsea fan afterall. but i do think he should be one that if Carlo leaves be atleast considered as a candidate by the club.

what do you guys think of him and/or do you have any suggestions for candidates outside of the popular names in the media?

O.K. let's face it , if carlo was to stay then the board would have came to public and said that the club supports carlo , and that they trust him .

but they don't and while you are reading these lines , they are weighing their options and looking for the right man to replace him.

when folks talk about possible replacements for our managers i often wonder why we don`t seem to ever look at German managers. i know there`s been some great Italian managers over the years but they seem to be outdated in their tactics now.where as German managers seem to have evolved more and are more likely to come up with innovative tactics than Italians.

speaking just in general..i`m sure that`s not the case with every single manager in each country. but also German football is played closer to the speed of play that is seen in the Prem than what you see in Italy,more attack minded etc..just like the Prem.

this years German candidate would be Jurgen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund.

what do you guys think of him? i know he can be a bit of a hot head sometimes but i rate him highly as a coach..he has had Dortmund playing good winning football and leading the German League despite having rivals who have a lot more money to spend on players than him. at 43 he has years left in his career as a manager..i love Guus..think he`s one of the greatest tacticians of all time..but even if we could somehow prize him from Turkey and back into the dugout..he is 64!

i`m not campaigning for Klopp as such..Dortmund has always been the German team i root for after i first heard what the Nazi`s done to them in the past but i`m in no way biased..am English Chelsea fan afterall. but i do think he should be one that if Carlo leaves be atleast considered as a candidate by the club.

what do you guys think of him and/or do you have any suggestions for candidates outside of the popular names in the media?

I heard that he has a good assistant.

Tomo and GodZola I dont agree with what you have said about youth.

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. let's face it , if carlo was to stay then the board would have came to public and said that the club supports carlo , and that they trust him .

but they don't and while you are reading these lines , they are weighing their options and looking for the right man to replace him.

WRONG they are waiting for Roman to decide and then say YES .....its the best solution

Guest justin_3d

Henry Winter: Roman Abramovich is not ducking the issue if he sticks with Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti

Twenty years after he started out by selling plastic ducks for a living, Roman Abramovich is a multi-billionaire so he probably does not need too much advice on running a business. But here's an idea. It's a cunning plan, really, one that ticks all the boxes of the Chelsea owner's grand design.

carlo-ancelotti_1885428c.jpg

Look no further: Roman Abramovich wants a coach who knows what it takes to win and who commands the respect of the players - Carlo Ancelotti Photo: PA

By Henry Winter 8:00AM BST 03 May 2011 Follow Henry Winter on Twitter

7 Comments

As he prepares for next season, Abramovich wants a coach who knows what it takes to win the coveted chalice that is the Champions League, who commands the respect of the players, who has shown an ability to rally the troops in times of trouble, who eschews office politics, represents the club well in public and does not snipe at rivals and officials.

The beauty of this proposal for finding the perfect manager for Chelsea is that no compensation is required, in fact no paperwork at all. Just one phone call. It can even be a short call if Abramovich is very busy. Just one call to Carlo Ancelotti, asking him to keep on going as manager. It's inspired.

All the qualities that Abramovich seeks in a manager can be found in the friendly, highly respected Italian, who won the Champions League twice at AC Milan as a coach, who steered Chelsea to the Double last season, lost out in this year's Champions League to opponents hurtling towards the final and could be on the brink of masterminding one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the Premier League. Sounds like a good man to employ.

In February, Chelsea were 15 points adrift in the title race, still struggling to deal with Abramovich's dismissal of Ray Wilkins. They defeated United at Stamford Bridge in the league but on losing to Sir Alex Ferguson's men in Europe, Chelsea's campaign seemed over, an ex-season, deceased, shuffled off its mortal coil.

Now the man whose favourite phrase is "the moment" has expanded his vocabulary and Chelsea have "the momentum". Astonishingly, they will go top if they prevail at Old Trafford on Summit Sunday. Even if Ancelotti fails to acquire a winner's medal with this compelling late run, and the odds are against Chelsea, the near-miss should still be worn as a badge of honour.

In Chelsea's darkest hour, Ancelotti got them playing again, got them believing. The players clearly want him to stay; John Terry and Florent Malouda have both spoken out passionately in support.

He has attempted to deal with Abramovich's £50 million gift, Fernando Torres, even though accommodating the Spaniard and the headstrong Didier Drogba in the same attack is a conundrum that would vex anyone.

Malouda's point about Ancelotti being "good tactically" has been confirmed by the Italian's instinct to field Torres and Drogba separately. Like a marriage counsellor, Ancelotti has tried to get the ill-suited pair to work.

But for the good of the team, Ancelotti has been prepared to leave Torres on the bench or take him off. Whatever Abramovich thinks of this use of his £50 million investment, Ancelotti has been making the right decisions for the team.

In the rush to suggest successors to Ancelotti, all manner of names have been floated. Flaws can be found with each. Guus Hiddink dislikes the English media and it is hard to imagine him in anything other than a backstage advisory or technical director role.

Hilariously, given what he's done to poor West Ham, Avram Grant is being mentioned as another potential director of football, overseeing a young coach like Andre Villas Boas from Porto. They'd be eaten alive by the lions inhabiting the Chelsea dressing-room jungle.

Even with relentless speculation about his future and all the painful dead-man walking jibes, Ancelotti conducts himself with great dignity. Maybe he has an inner peace, having been such a feted footballer. Maybe he is simply too civilised a person to stoop to scrapping.

United's manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, will probably not bother with the mind games on Ancelotti. He knows that Ancelotti will not bite. He also respects him too much.

Sounds like Ancelotti's the right man for Chelsea. Stick with him, Roman.

telegraph.co.uk

I say that he stays another year and then we shall see. Roman should give him a big transfer budget and let Carlo do the rest. I like him, and I'm tired of all these different coaches. If Roman wants his sexy football then he should bring Guardiola next season if CA doesn't get the job right.

Andre Villas-Boas: Andre Villas-Boas dismisses mini-Mourinho comparison as he prepares Porto for Europa League semi-final

The likelihood is he will stay at Porto for one more year — but that resolve may be tested. Chelsea, inevitably, are among his potential suitors. Villas-Boas insists there has been no discussion but he has good memories.

“London is a city where I could live perfectly,” he says. “We had some good times over there and the people in the club are fantastic — from the players, staff and the owner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/europa-league/8493087/Andre-Villas-Boas-dismisses-mini-Mourinho-comparison-as-he-prepares-Porto-for-Europa-League-semi-final.html

1 more year for Ancelotti then Villas-Boas comes in. -_-

Guest justin_3d

Andre Villas-Boas: Andre Villas-Boas dismisses mini-Mourinho comparison as he prepares Porto for Europa League semi-final

http://www.telegraph...semi-final.html

1 more year for Ancelotti then Villas-Boas comes in. -_-

To tell you the truth, i will be happy if Carlo stay.

At least that is an improvement we have done in a long time, of at least keeping a manager till his contract expires.

That is honorable for me.

And if there is another coach that i want after Carlo and Bielsa, then it's this guy. But first he has to prove his worth by winning the europa, and then doing good in the CL next season. If he does that, then i would not mind if he comes to Chelsea.

But please, no Mourinho back. I don't want that man back. I am happy for what he did, but i don't want his football no more at Chelsea. I rather take Villas-Boas over any day!