Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!

Priority should be the squad! Then think about which manager should be chosen to lead them. Who knows, Ancelotti could excel with the players he'd require.

And what happens when Ancelotti fails with those players? We should bring in a new manager first, let him give squad suggestions and build the squad.

Hiddink should be top priority.

Fantastic piece in The Guardian on Andre Villas Boas.

http://www.guardian....llas-boas-porto

Villas Boas is wedded to 4-3-3 and a fast and dynamic, pressing style. His team is organised and motivated, and they are enjoying their rewards. So is Villa Boas, who has been linked to Liverpool and a number of Italian clubs, chief among them Roma. He says that he only wants to be a manager for 10 years, so all-consuming is the job, and he looks every inch the young man in a hurry. Villas Boas stands to emulate Mourinho by adding the Europa League to the domestic championship in his first season at Porto. Chelsea will be aware of his credentials.

Not the first time I've heard this rumour. Apparently NESV has approached him during Hodgson's tenure. Dalglish won't be around forever, I believe he himself is a fan of AVB, so you never know..

Not the first time I've heard this rumour. Apparently NESV has approached him during Hodgson's tenure. Dalglish won't be around forever, I believe he himself is a fan of AVB, so you never know..

First of all he is a big Porto fan, and then Porto will play CL next season while LFC won't. I would understand if we were talking about Man City or similar teams. Anyway Porto is atm a better club than Liverpool, no matter how big their history is.

First of all he is a big Porto fan, and then Porto will play CL next season while LFC won't. I would understand if we were talking about Man City or similar teams. Anyway Porto is atm a better club than Liverpool, no matter how big their history is.

Yeah that's true, but on the other side of that coin, maybe he'd see it as a welcomed challenge?

Plus, there is no chance of Mourinho returning to Chelsea. He wont be sacked and Roman hates him.

The only good reason to keep Carlo is: lets he stay one more season, and wait until Guardiola contracts with Barça expire and then hire him.

Do you really think Guardiola is such a good coach? He has so much at his disposal that it would be insane to think that he couldnt succeed. If they didn't have Messi, they'd be half the prospect they are now. I dont consider him a good coach..

Do you really think Guardiola is such a good coach? He has so much at his disposal that it would be insane to think that he couldnt succeed. If they didn't have Messi, they'd be half the prospect they are now. I dont consider him a good coach..

This argument is 100% bullshit. 100%.. The squad he has in hands is the same that had 2 miserable seasons before he was named head coach.

Plus, You can say the same about Mourinho: with all the players he had at Chelsea and all the money he had to spend it will be insane to think he couldnt win at least 2 Premier Leagues.

Despíte all the players Mourinho have he cant even fight for La Liga trophy. So, in Your arguments We can say that Mourinho is overrated.

Guest justin_3d

This argument is 100% bullshit. 100%.. The squad he has in hands is the same that had 2 miserable seasons before he was named head coach.

Plus, You can say the same about Mourinho: with all the players he had at Chelsea and all the money he had to spend it will be insane to think he couldnt win at least 2 Premier Leagues.

Despíte all the players Mourinho have he cant even fight for La Liga trophy. So, in Your arguments We can say that Mourinho is overrated.

So then here is another thing similar. Mancini did good in Italy with Inter...much better then Carlo Milan. But at City he has been mediocre....how do you explain that?

So then here is another thing similar. Mancini did good in Italy with Inter...much better then Carlo Milan. But at City he has been mediocre....how do you explain that?

Mancini's squad was so much stronger than the rest, winning the title year after year was only normal. It's like with Lyon a few years back when they became champions seven years in a row.

But in the CL, Mancini's Inter was very poor and never managed to get past the second round of the competition.

(I'm purely trying to explain Mancini's situation in Italy)

I do think people are being unfair towards Guardiola. Yes he has a absolutely fantastic squad and yes that plays a huge part in his succes but like Henrique said, it was pretty much the same squad that went through a rough patch for two seasons.

You have to give the man credit for things like getting rid of the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco (though the Eto'o + money - Ibrahimovic swap was a huge mistake), spotting Busquets' talent very early when many criticized him for benching Touré, Valdes growing out into a fantastic goalkeeper under him after being average GK for years, giving Messi a new role as a false number 9 which helped him become an even better player than he already was and some more good/great decisions.

Guest justin_3d

Mancini's squad was so much stronger than the rest, winning the title year after year was only normal. It's like with Lyon a few years back when they became champions seven years in a row.

But in the CL, Mancini's Inter was very poor and never managed to get past the second round of the competition.

(I'm purely trying to explain Mancini's situation in Italy)

So then that makes Carlo a good manager, cause his squad was not stronger but did good in the CL???

So then that makes Carlo a good manager, cause his squad was not stronger but did good in the CL???

Of course CA's a good manager but you can fault him for not winning more titles when he did have a great squad (the years before the 2007/2008 season) or in his time at Juventus.

And there's a difference in being a good manager and being the right manager. I don't neccissarily want him out but I do question whether he's the right manager for Chelsea.

Guest justin_3d

Of course CA is a good manager but you can fault him for not winning more titles when he did have a great squad (the years before the 2007/2008 season).

Like Guus when he was in charge of Real Madrid???

This is Claudio Ranieri all over again :whistling:

He knows he'll be sacked at the end of the season, in spite of the fact that they could finish at least in the top 3 in the PL this season.

I don't know, I have this distinct feeling at the back of my mind!

Guest justin_3d

What does he have to with anything?

Well you said Carlo was at fault for not winning anything with a good squad. So i am giving you example of great coaches that won nothing with great team as well.

Guus did bad in Spain and got sack at every position he was. Does that makes him a bad manager? No!

Carlo did good in one season with Chelsea, and one bad with Chelsea. Does that make him a bad manager? No.

So it is why i find it dumb to sack Carlo when he is a good manager. We all know we can't get Guus or Mourinho in the summer...and less likely go for Bielsa. It is futile to entertain the notion when these 3 who are better, are not available.

Well you said Carlo was at fault for not winning anything with a good squad. So i am giving you example of great coaches that won nothing with great team as well.

Guus did bad in Spain and got sack at every position he was. Does that makes him a bad manager? No!

Carlo did good in one season with Chelsea, and one bad with Chelsea. Does that make him a bad manager? No.

So it is why i find it dumb to sack Carlo when he is a good manager. We all know we can't get Guus or Mourinho in the summer...and less likely go for Bielsa. It is futile to entertain the notion when these 3 who are better, are not available.

First of all I said you can fault him for not winning more titles with the good squad he had.

And what's with all the 'does that make him a bad manager' talk? Where did I say CA was a bad manager (?), I even called him a good manager.

And you keep talking about Hiddink's period at Madrid but the man has been a coach for over twenty years yet you chose to ignore his successes and focus on his failures, that's unfair. There's not a single manager out there that only had succes.

Whether you find it dumb to sack CA is your opinion so allow people to have their own on this matter.