Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

It's not all Carlo's fault. We're lacking quality wingers. Last season Malouda was our best winger, he assisted in many occasions, scored many goals and was in top-form, hence we scored that many goals and won the league. This season Malouda has been poor, and we have no other wingers in the team. We need to get a top winger, who can scare the shit out of the opponents, a winger who can cross in the head of Fernando Torres or Didier Drogba, and the goals will come. Simple as. Ramires, Essien and Lampard can't run, pass between each other, change flanks, go down the wing at the same time, cross, then if the cross fails return to their midfield position again... no, it can't work. They're not aliens, they're human beins.

Look at Real Madrid, they have got Di Maria, Ronaldo. Barcelona have got Messi and Iniesta. United have got Giggs, Valencia, Nani. Us and Inter are lacking wingers. I've taken Inter as an example because both clubs have gone through a disappointing season. In modern football, you must have a quality winger if you want to win a game, and the competition. Roman Abramovich did the right thing, and I admire him for what he has done for this club. We needed a world class striker, a world class striker he brought. We needed a young, creative midfielder, he brought him. We needed a young world class centre-back, a class CB we got. Now what we need is quality wingers, and I'm sure that Roman will spend on one or two.

Roll on next season, carefree.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him but he needs to go simply because he wont give the youth a chance look at arsenal man utd barca giving youngsters chances not dropping them even if they have a bad. Yes the club need stability but if carlo wont give youth a chance and buy players aged between 24-27 he should go if he wont but if he does he should stay. Ancelotti is also one of those managers that takes crap from anyone and wont stand up for himself. The real problem is Abromavich if he keeps sacking managers when unnecessary then eventually top class managers wont bother coming to chelsea, he needs to learn you cant allways buy trophys like yachts sadly no one can stand up to him so he wont

In fact we have a huge gap between our youth and senior players. So we need couple of 24yos.

Surely some of our young players deserve their chances but not all of them.

In fact we have a huge gap between our youth and senior players. So we need couple of 24yos.

Surely some of our young players deserve their chances but not all of them.

Not all the young players deserve a chance however if you dont ever give a real chance they will never develop. Look at liverpool yesterday liverpool started with two youngsters against man city which is a big, Arsenal have been playing jack wilshere all season who has played in big games even smalling played against us and liverpool. If you dont start they youth they will never develop and a prime example is sturridge, chelsea were willing to over 30yr olds instead of giving strurridge a chance well just look at his stats at Bolton says it all

Not all the young players deserve a chance however if you dont ever give a real chance they will never develop. Look at liverpool yesterday liverpool started with two youngsters against man city which is a big, Arsenal have been playing jack wilshere all season who has played in big games even smalling played against us and liverpool. If you dont start they youth they will never develop and a prime example is sturridge, chelsea were willing to over 30yr olds instead of giving strurridge a chance well just look at his stats at Bolton says it all

Wilshere is much more mature than Josh and is further with his development.

Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Kelly are all injured.

Give him one more season. Let him build a new squad that will have 100% loyalty to him and not be under the influence of others like Jose or Guus. Let him build a squad that will fit his vision and then see what happens. It already happened when Wilkins said that Carlo wanted Torres from the start.

Ancelotti must have been quite confident of his seat because he said before the game that he doesn't think this result would cost him his job. So I think he'll stay, I hope he does anyway. I think anti-Ancelotti fans will also understand this decision in the long run but I doubt pro-Ancelotti fans would ever understand the sacking. Would just bring back the memories of 2008-2010 times. People fail to understand that we need STABILITY more than we need trophies at the moment. There's one trophy so one team can win it, the best team. You can't always be the best, especially in sports that involves so much luck and moments of brilliance. You truly think we would have beaten Barcelona or Real Madrid with Mourinho in the final - didn't think so. So cheer up and move forward. Supporting a football club is like marriage (usually anyway) - you ideally support one club all your life and you do it in good and worse.

Carlos is a wise guy. Its just mind games to keep his job. Few days ago the board ( Roun Gourlay )refused to say that Carlo will stay beyound summer...He is just trying to say he has a contract, and nobody told him "Win or leave", so if we sack him it will be like a knife in his back and a disrespectful behavior.

Guest Homer2Chelsea

It will be sad to see Ancelotti go. His a great guy and has been the scapegoat since our bad run. People don't consider the other factors like Sacking of Ray, Drogba's Malaria, Lampards injury etc...Give him one more season and let him build the team he wants, not abramovic. The only man i'd be happy to see to arrive here is Andre Villas Boas, other than that, no thanks.

I swing back and forth between wanting him to go and wanting him to stay. The thing is, if he goes who is going to take care of all this mess we've created? I don't see any other manager out there. At the same time, if Ancelotti is not willing to make a change in tactics we should consider sacking him. He should realize by now that our midfield is shite and some players like Lampard should be just used as squad players.

He has lost the control of the team. We need the new manager to build the new team

I think this is it in a nutshell. It seems like the players like but don't fear him. I'm not saying he should be a tyrant but Ancelotti doesn't give the impression that ultimately he owns the dressing room. Jose Mourinho's players love him but you also sense that they wouldn't dare cross him. The dynamic has to change; probably through a combination of breaking up the player power base in the dressing room, Ancelotti asserting himself and receiving backing from RA. How likely are all 3 things going to happen?

It will be sad to see Ancelotti go. His a great guy and has been the scapegoat since our bad run. People don't consider the other factors like Sacking of Ray, Drogba's Malaria, Lampards injury etc...Give him one more season and let him build the team he wants, not abramovic. The only man i'd be happy to see to arrive here is Andre Villas Boas, other than that, no thanks.

You're right, everyone is blaming Ancelotti for everything. Anclotti doesn't have power over injuries, Essien done well in my opinion when Lampard was out, he kinda took over his position, and then Wilkins left and Essien was injured at the same time, so we had no one to play in creativity, and eversince he came back from injury Essien is still slowly developing to his old self. I have my faith in Carlo, and i will be sad if he is sacked. I think the man deserves respect for what he has done last season to get another chance, sacking him could be a big mistake for the future. Abramovich needs to be patient, i mean to be honest look at Man City, lost to Kiev, knocked out there tournament, fair enough still in F.A, but not for long since United will take them out. And they are now 4th, i think they will finish top 4 mind you, i think it's going to be a battle between Tottenham and Chelsea to stay in. But as i was saying Mancini wont be sacked till the end of the season and that's if he doesn't finish in the top 4. I think were being a little harsh here, okay Carlo was a fool with his tactics, his substitutions wernt good at all.

I was going to do a thread about this but i don't think i have to, if we do manage to stay in top 4 and we get a Champions League spot, is Ancelotti the man who can rotate Chelsea?, i have that faith in Carlo. He deserves more respect. I really want to keep him, cause Mourinho isn't coming back guys, he's way to adventurous and trying to break records rather than anything else, he will probably go to managing a national team next.

From the rumours I'm inclined to listen too, Carlo has already agreed a one year option extension to his current deal so upto 2013. Not sure how true that is, but believe if you wish.

I'm 50/50 about Ancelotti. I think he does get a lot of things wrong but let's be honest, so did Mourinho. Difference being Mourinho has a special attitude and the gift of the gab to somewhat disguise his mistakes.

What Ancelotti achieved last year warrants him getting another season, but this is Chelsea and this is Abramovic. Nothing would surprise me.

I dont know, i think Ancelotti will go for himself. If Ancelotti goes, i want Villa Boas (I like him a lot) or Hiddink (Mou is a wet dream). In case Ancelotti stay, i will give him another chance, he did mistakes, yeah, but everyone did mistakes too, also, our player arent in shape now, we need to work a lot if we want to win something in the next season.