TalkChelsea Managers League chat

Shane

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because I've had no-one new register for a few days, I've gone ahead and created the new season.

Matches will now be played on Thursdays and Sundays.

There will be one league match a week. The Cup is also back - it is an entirely random draw, and is two-legged. There are 26 teams in the first round; this will be knocked down to 13, who will join the three teams (The Fookers, Sinised JK, Team Robbo) who have received an automatic bye into the last sixteen. Do notice that the cup starts tomorrow, so get your tactics sorted!

Should you be knocked out of the cup you are encouraged to take friendly matches with other sides.

Ok, thanks for the notice Alex. For a second I though Sinised JK have been banned from the Cup for not complying the FFP rules. :Goober: One less 'official' game is a bit of a blow for development and form but nothing to do. Best of luck to you guys!

You can schedule a friendly with The Fookers or Team Robbo. It might not get the same dev for your players but it's the next best thing.

Ok, thanks for the notice Alex. For a second I though Sinised JK have been banned from the Cup for not complying the FFP rules. :Goober: One less 'official' game is a bit of a blow for development and form but nothing to do. Best of luck to you guys!

Yep, sorry about that but there is nothing I can do about it, sadly! We either needed another three teams (and that would delay the start of the season even further) or I started it and three random teams get byes.

You can schedule a friendly with The Fookers or Team Robbo. It might not get the same dev for your players but it's the next best thing.

Yep. 10% dev value = better than fuck all.

Lost 5-0 to Super Villains. Now before certain someone starts to accuse me of match-fixing and being bribed - I rejected his numerous offers straight away. On a serious note, I forgot about the game and didn't set my tactics but to be fair, I don't think it would have changed the eventual outcome. At best I would have fought out a draw with parking the bus tactics.

My first keeper is out for 3 weeks :( Time to get an emergency keeper. And:

Ned Hay has been found guilty of selling fake 'signed' football memorabilia and has been jailed for 3 weeks. The clubs solicitors expect the player to be unavailable for at least 1 days before release.

WTF!