Change is needed

Sounds a but oversimplifying to me. But if that was the case surely we should have never gone for an Italian manager especially with our core players aging and RA's investment in the academy.

Lol you expect sense from the Chelsea board ? ''I have a really good idea lets sack Mourinho and bring in Avant a Clue,later on we can sack ray Wilkins '' , ''Brilliant Roman I like the sound of that'' .as they clap like seals and nod like dogs shown a card trick

Gourlay, Buck et al are not real football people, Fuckwit Yesmen for the dollar.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So then Ancelotti really isn't the man to guide Chelsea through a transitional period?

Some of his misdemeanors include; playing Ferreira at CB against Sunderland with Bruma available, again playing Ferreira at LB against Marseille when PVA was on the bench. Continues to play Kalou ahead of Sturridge.

I think Ancellotti is a very talented manager in some respects, but as I said the Italian tradition could be an achilles heel. You're right about the tactical/substitutional mistakes,, and without a man of 38 years at the Bridge offering assistance he looks somewhat lost and needs Emanalo like a fish needs a bicycle.

The problems lie deeper though -an autocratically run club through one man who has many other 'interests' -a board that are business people, and dont realise you need continuity at a club, resulting in dipping morale, and lack of forward planning in terms of reinvesting for the future.

They also need to realise they would be high and dry without the fans....

Carlo has to take his share of the blame for our current problem, reluctance to make REAL changes to a seriously underperforming team and poor sub choices can only be laid at his feet. However there are plenty of other things wrong at this club at the moment, the biggest of which is the way the club is run.

"There is surely only so much extreme wrenching a body can take before it starts to be unrecognisable in its original form."

Giles Smith

That pritty much explains it all. 30 odd year old players CANNOT play game in and game out knowing even if they are slightly fatigued that their isnt any experience to come on from the bench.

Yes -see my previous post.

Esk, I hear you were 30 a few days ago ? Listen you're a bit young for my team, but any chance you could bring your boots Sunday and play ?

Yours Sincerely

CA

Absolutely, i put on a few pounds over christmas but i am sure it will be fine. If Drogba can play with Malaria that i can play with a little excess baggage

Absolutely, i put on a few pounds over christmas but i am sure it will be fine. If Drogba can play with Malaria that i can play with a little excess baggage

Excellent. Probably right back if thats OK. I might take you off after 70-75 minutes and bring on Van Sturridge, McAanholt, or some kid that Arnesen thought was ok if thats alright, just to please the fans ?

Yours sincerely

CA

Really , I think carlo is not the problem ... we don't have to sack carlo despite latest defeats

we need a support , just 3 players and every think will be ok again

carlo made a brilliant victories last season with us , and the begining of this season was awesome , but injures and weak subs are the main problem

we needs stability and supporting and every thing will be ok

In Carlo , We Trust blue%20scalf.gif

I think the problem is that the 'football board' whom have put ancelotti in the position of having youngsters supplementing the more established player have done it to quick, whilst im all in favour for having them in there, and was saying it needed to happen last year to kick start the process of blooding them, I feel the board have gone about it all the wrong way the youngsters should be in the same position as last year only getting more minutes that is being part of the squad but not having any major expectation on their young shoulders, kakuta is expected to be able to produce when he comes on as he is one of our few attacking options, sturridge isnt being used properly he needs to play as the centre forward with the ball being put through for him to latch onto, not out on the right. Bruma and van aanholt are in just the right positions squad wise but are not being giving enough opportunity when the chance presents itself ala ferreria picked ahead of them at leftback against marsaille and centreback against sunderland, van aanholt for me looks like he could do a number on the left wing for us as he has a lovely cross and loves getting to the byline something Drogba would love im sure, mceachrean for me is the only one being integrated properly for me not a lot of pressure on the boy and getting a healthy amount of minutes when he does come on/start.

Matic could of been handy with hindsight instead of letting him go on loan to vittesse, alot of mistakes by the 'football board' which apparently have a majority say-so in the shape/size of the squad, ballack/belletti could had been kept about for another season to lighten the load on the centre midfield if they knew matic was off for a year, and they should have strengthened our attack even if it was only one player it would have made a difference over the last couple of months, we were in for neymar most of the summer yet when we didnt get him what happened? did the club just think oh well better luck next summer? if they were after him then they knew that was an area of the squad which needed strengthening/inproving and for going into the season knowing that they should get it in the neck , not ancelotti, there are countless options we could of gone for after it became apparent neymar wasnt coming, hazard, mata, suarez, bust the bank of abramovich for pato (my prefered option), so its not a lack of potential targets its more the 'football board' being irresponsible and the problem is that its ancelotti that has to grab a hard hat and the 'football board' he hold the purse strings and generally choose the targets dont get slaughtered because ancelotti is the manager/first team coach and that is the traditional person to send the bause to when things go wrong, when in fact he is only partially responsible.

Its like being in a head chef in a restaurant and you ask for a nice cut of meat with which to make your sunday special you inform the owner that you want a nice cut from a good butchers you know of but its a little expensive but you get what you pay for, the owner then goes and gets the meat but from a cheaper butchers or doesnt bother at all and tells you to use the meat in the freezer, thus your special isnt as you want it but if a customer complains its not the restaurant owner that gets blamed its the guy cooking the food.

Some valid points there SB. Like the butchers cut of meat analogy, which isnt too disimilar to Mourinhos Waitrose Class A eggs one.

As far as I can see the bottom line is the way the clubs run. Once the owner via the board start interfering in what should clearly be the Managers jurisdiction the whole thing is undermined.

Ancelotti must feel like shit. Can anyone imagine Ferguson going to work and being told ''Oh by the way The Glazers sacked Ronnie Whelan at half time''. Wouldnt happen. Or the gooner board sacking Rice out of hand.

Its not just that though, once you have , what I call non-football people making decisions that affect the club, the players, and ultimately the fortumes of the club, without any thought of the repercussions, the whole thing is doomed. There is no continuity, confidence goes, and the sooner Abramovich realises that he has to leave the football decisions to the football people the better.

Exactly thats what seems to be the issue Roman sticking his nose in when really its not needed.Just give the dosh and stop interfering elsewhere.Sackign Ray and then seems to be bringing his own people on board and doesnt help when he seems to decide who he wants brought it.Sure Jose didnt want Sheva and that seemed to cause tension which didnt end well

Its not just that though, once you have , what I call non-football people making decisions that affect the club, the players, and ultimately the fortumes of the club, without any thought of the repercussions, the whole thing is doomed. There is no continuity, confidence goes, and the sooner Abramovich realises that he has to leave the football decisions to the football people the better.

Some could see depending on their view point that maybe abramovich is making changes already to strengthen the managers position at the club post wilkins-gate (gourlay gaff that by all accounts), id look on arneson going as and indicator of that (pushed me thinks he wouldnt want to lose face so publicly it was he wanted new challenge) he is/was apparently a major player on the 'football board' and one of only two proper football men on it, with him going and there being no definite decision on whether to replace him or not it would seem coupled with the fact carlo hasnt been given his marching orders yet and that it looks like he has money to spend that carlo is in a position of strength at the club, which is a good thing as hopefully we are going to be headed more than the route of a traditional english club setup rather than a foreign one in the future so that he manager has more say in the way things are done and the players signed.

Sadly, I think the situation will get worse and the suits will have a lot more say in how things are run. The new break even rules have come in a couple of years too early for us. Newspapers were recently saying we'll report a £40mill loss for last season which is really bad news as we have to get close to break even this season. Roman can't open his wallet even if he wants to as it will take us over the limit so we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The problem is our revenue which has been going backwards. Even Man City have overtaken us in secondary revenue.

yes Cloudy agree with that the Yesmen in suits who are always updating their CVs in terms of turnover, who dont give a fuck about the game and fans.

Some could see depending on their view point that maybe abramovich is making changes already to strengthen the managers position at the club post wilkins-gate (gourlay gaff that by all accounts), id look on arneson going as and indicator of that (pushed me thinks he wouldnt want to lose face so publicly it was he wanted new challenge) he is/was apparently a major player on the 'football board' and one of only two proper football men on it, with him going and there being no definite decision on whether to replace him or not it would seem coupled with the fact carlo hasnt been given his marching orders yet and that it looks like he has money to spend that carlo is in a position of strength at the club, which is a good thing as hopefully we are going to be headed more than the route of a traditional english club setup rather than a foreign one in the future so that he manager has more say in the way things are done and the players signed.

If thats the way forward, then its not a bad thing. Maybe I'm negative, but I wouldnt say that it was planned like that , more just an autocratic/Russian way of doing things. Like Putin not taking on his opponent politically, just banging him up..

Anyway the repercussions affect the players, what happens on the pitch and the results. It clearly has, like when Mourinho went -how the fans were majorly upset, along with the players, but they dug in. They must be sick of doing that now. Its not just the loss of Wilkins input, his collective geeing up in the warm up,an arm round Drogba after a semi defeat, but the actual loss of him must have had them collectively raising their eyes and despairing as to ''Whats next ?''

Its like being in a head chef in a restaurant and you ask for a nice cut of meat with which to make your sunday special you inform the owner that you want a nice cut from a good butchers you know of but its a little expensive but you get what you pay for, the owner then goes and gets the meat but from a cheaper butchers or doesnt bother at all and tells you to use the meat in the freezer, thus your special isnt as you want it but if a customer complains its not the restaurant owner that gets blamed its the guy cooking the food.

That is truly what I believe, thats why I havnt worried too much about this season. I cant wait for Roman to finish cleaning up the house. A lot of stuff is happening behind the curtain right now, but I'm awaiting the moment the final product is revealed. You people THINK you know what is best for our club, but there is not a single suggestion here that our club hasnt already dissected and concluded useless. There is a reason for EVERYTHING. If Sturridge isnt being played, theres a reason why he isnt being played. You dont develop a young star in a sinking ship, it changes the entire growing and development experience. Put him in when were up 3-0 and let him bang some out.

That is truly what I believe, thats why I havnt worried too much about this season. I cant wait for Roman to finish cleaning up the house. A lot of stuff is happening behind the curtain right now, but I'm awaiting the moment the final product is revealed. You people THINK you know what is best for our club, but there is not a single suggestion here that our club hasnt already dissected and concluded useless. There is a reason for EVERYTHING. If Sturridge isnt being played, theres a reason why he isnt being played. You dont develop a young star in a sinking ship, it changes the entire growing and development experience. Put him in when were up 3-0 and let him bang some out.

So Roman 'cleaning up the house' is what's going on, and it's a grand plan 'behind the curtain' ready for the Grand unveiling of the Final Product. (remember when Dorothy pulled the curtain back ?)

Well thats ok then , so our worst run for 15 years and one win in 9 is all part of a grand plan. Phew ! thank Christ for that. and putting ''us people'' right.. GoGo blues !!