Change is needed

Some could see depending on their view point that maybe abramovich is making changes already to strengthen the managers position at the club post wilkins-gate (gourlay gaff that by all accounts), id look on arneson going as and indicator of that (pushed me thinks he wouldnt want to lose face so publicly it was he wanted new challenge) he is/was apparently a major player on the 'football board' and one of only two proper football men on it, with him going and there being no definite decision on whether to replace him or not it would seem coupled with the fact carlo hasnt been given his marching orders yet and that it looks like he has money to spend that carlo is in a position of strength at the club, which is a good thing as hopefully we are going to be headed more than the route of a traditional english club setup rather than a foreign one in the future so that he manager has more say in the way things are done and the players signed.

I doubt Arnesen's removal will grant Ancelotti (or any Chelsea manager) more power over our planing and our transfers. I expect another 'Football Director' to replace him in the next 12 months, someone like Txiki Begiristain probably fits our plans.

Moreover if the Wilkins fiasco was indeed a Gourlay gaff I won't be surprised to see him removed in the future, afterall since we could afford to sack Kenyon then Gourlay can be removed much easier.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I think the situation will get worse and the suits will have a lot more say in how things are run. The new break even rules have come in a couple of years too early for us. Newspapers were recently saying we'll report a £40mill loss for last season which is really bad news as we have to get close to break even this season. Roman can't open his wallet even if he wants to as it will take us over the limit so we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The problem is our revenue which has been going backwards. Even Man City have overtaken us in secondary revenue.

I wouldn't pay much attention to that £40million loss. It hasn't taken into account the amount we've shaved off our wage bill with the release/sale of players/staff. Nor has it taken into account, so I've heard, sponsorship deals we've negotiated (e.g. Singha Beer & Samsung).

You're right about revenue though. It's something we may be lacking, especially in shirt sales. Tottenham will make a killing from the Beckham deal in shirt sales, like Real Madrid have from Ronaldo's (& Beckham's back then too.). I believe, Terry, Lampard & Drogba's shirt sales are probably some of our top selling ones.. A marquee signing would be mouth watering for shirt sales I think :lol:

Tottenham will make a killing from the Beckham deal in shirt sales, like Real Madrid have from Ronaldo's (& Beckham's back then too.).
Tbh I don't see how 36 year-old Beckham will sell shirts in 2011. Sure he's still famous, rich and recognizable but who the hell would want to buy his football shirt when he's been semi-retired for the last few years?

Tbh I don't see how 36 year-old Beckham will sell shirts in 2011. Sure he's still famous, rich and recognizable but who the hell would want to buy his football shirt when he's been semi-retired for the last few years?

I know what you mean, but Beckham's still a big icon here. He is a brand now. Tottenham fans, and Beckham fans would both equally buy the shirt just so they can say "I have a legend's shirt"...

I'm sure you still have nightmares of his free kick in '01 that sent us to the World Cup Finals in 2002? :lol:

I'm sure you still have nightmares of his free kick in '01 that sent us to the World Cup Finals in 2002? :lol:

<insert random dig about England never winning the Euro> ^_^

My deep hate for the Greek Football Federation has kept me from getting too attached to Greece's national football team.