When was the last time Anelka performed?

Kostas

A lot of people were shouting abuse at Anelka yesterday and I don't think it was deserved. He hasn't been great but either has Drogba and I didn't hear anyone shouting at him! Anelka has been poor lately but I think he played a good bit better yesterday.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said Anelka can go really quiet for a few games and then turn up in others! I dont think he is crap. I definatly wouldnt put Drogba out wide............pointless. He isnt meant to be there. When he drifts out I'm shouting at the TV wtf you doing there, get in the bloody middle where your meant to be!!!! Finally does that against Villa and low and be hold he scores....... Also Dids is a complex character but I still love him and he is still a legend and one of the best strikerx in the world imo

Anelka had a good game vs Ipswich and a solid one vs Blackburn.But it was unfair to play him after his shock form.Sturridge needs a start or he will be heading somewhere else in the summer.

Agreed to an extent. If he gets to play more maybe he will be more consistant. But I am no way his biggest fan I hate his attitude on the pitch. It really grates on me.

Agreed to an extent. If he gets to play more maybe he will be more consistant. But I am no way his biggest fan I hate his attitude on the pitch. It really grates on me.

Well in a way it has to do with the time he gets.He really doesn't get enough even when he plays well and scores a lot.This summer will be crucial for the future of the club.

Think our strike force is something that seriously needs to be looked at come the end of the season

Anelka is so hot and cold its frightening, and Drogba isnt the player he was last season, whether he can get it back is debatable, but id like a quality striker in there to shake it up a bit

Dzeko would have been ideal IMO

• 3 weeks later...

He was amazing today, where the fuck that came from fuck only knows but it was a stunning response to Torres' signing (just answered my own question there i think). Everything he did today was of the absolute highest quality

His performance today and Chelsea's performance today simply means Torres starts Sunday's match from the bench. If Torres starts, it has to be in a 3 WITH Anelka and Drogba. Liverpool are a bit short in defenders too so maybe a tempter to go blazing.