When was the last time Anelka performed?

Kostas

So before I get the label of being an Anelka hater I'd like to remind the regulars that I admire Anelka for his talents and what he has given to the team.

Now that we got that out of the way..

I've forgotten the last time he was actually good and offered much to our play. Since October Anelka has been our WORST starter by a fucking landmile. While there are others like Ferreira and Kalou they were never guaranteed starters and haven't got nearly as much playing time as he did. Drogba has been atrocious as-well but at least one can say that he has been battling both Malaria and lack of service.

Anelka on the other hand has been mostly healthy. I've said in the past that he has developed an alarming allergy to the penalty box and now combined with his obsession on slowing down our play,dribbling only to eventually end up on the sideline trying to beat his player has led us to endless shocking pefrormances and a true drought of goals.

He looks like the exact opposite of Malouda who -inconsistently- tries for 90 minutes to make something meaningful happen with quick passes and 1-2s with Cole,Drogba or Lamps.

I'm really sick of his style, his dribbling and himself.

Disclaimer: This isn't meant to be an Anelka bashing thread.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people don't label this an Anelka thrashing session..

This is a valid point, he started the season positively scoring regularly.. Perhaps August was his final month as a Chelsea-standard performer. Since then, his pace has slowed down, his ability to take on defenders is lacking. Perhaps the biggest flaw in his game though, which was highlighted today, was his first touch. Examples include when Bruma played that brilliant long-range pass forward and Anelka touch gave it straight to Dunne.

He's still a very intelligent footballer, he's aware of who's around him and he's able to find players to pass to. But he's losing his flare and quality.. He should be relegated to the bench, coming on for the sake of experience and just a holding substitute. I'd be scared though, Kalou would be the main starter instead, even though Sturridge demonstrates more quality.

He is on the decline and no longer wants to gamble on getting into good goalscoring positions.. He now prefers to just sit alongside the defensive midfielder and lett the others get on with it. He should be nowhere near this team but the next 'best' alternative is Kalou so you can understand Ancelotti's predicament.

But then again he isn't the only problem. We have too many to mention and I can't be arsed to be honest.

Was just about to say that, Cameron. Good call indeed!

I am a big fan of Anelka but he just doesn't cut the mustard right now. Whether that's to do with tiredness, and/or a lack of competition for places is to be seen. But the fact of the matter is he is not performing to a good enough standard and should be dropped. He hasn't put a shift in in weeks. That being said, Drogba is hardly blowing us away at the minute regardless of the fact he's scored in three of the last five matches.We're facing a real crisis up front because we seem to lack potency on all fronts.

I must admit Malouda was much, much better today though, he seemed up for it.

Well the answer to the question is the carling cup game at home to newcastle where we lost 4-3 but in the league and in the big games he's been crap all season to be honest. He is NOT a winger for christ sake. He's laboured, bit like berbatov when he's shit. He has great feet but doesn't go anywhere or do anything constructive. Just runs into dead ends and brick walls.

Well the answer to the question is the carling cup game at home to newcastle where we lost 4-3

Good call.

That was the last time he had a truly impressive performance.

Blame the players all you want but there's something wrong with the one picking them when a player who has been bad in the league for over 2 months still starts.

I understand the frustration of all, regarding the performance, but for me it is wrong now begin to point out players, because the truth is that the poor performance that has the equipment is widespread in all the lines least the goal.

Anelka is not guilty of anything more than anyother player of the team.

Read an article about Carlo's comments on Anelka.

The media said our strikers were poor for Drogba and Anelka.

Carlo defended Drogba say it was a tough period. He also defended by saying Malouda scored for the Bolton match.

He hopes Anelka will score for the next match.

Damn it, it seems like he is just not gonna start Sturridge.

Also Essien hasn't been good at all lately either. It will happen soon where the players fire again but we are starting to run out of time for it to happen. We have to go on a run starting on Wednesday in Wolves. We didn't deserve to beat Villa anyway if truth be told.

We've been a tad unlucky on the fixtures too, that may seem weird to say that but we're playing everyone when they desperately need something from the game. Next we have Wolves who are bottom having just lost a huge game against West Ham. Villa were in free-fall, Arsenal had just lost to Man Utd etc. Wolves need to get something from wednesdays game and that, once again will make it tougher than usual.

The statistics undermentioned (acording to the Guardian chalkboard) are just killing me :

Anelka has done :

- 0 shot against Bolton

- 0 shot against Aston Villa

:fainthv9: :fainthv9:

How on earth a striker who hasn't shot a single time in 162 minutes can still be on a fucking team sheet ?!!!

The statistics undermentioned (acording to the Guardian chalkboard) are just killing me :

Anelka has done :

- 0 shot against Bolton

- 0 shot against Aston Villa

:fainthv9: :fainthv9:

How on earth a striker who hasn't shot a single time in 162 minutes can still be on a fucking team sheet ?!!!

:lol: the sad thing is..

He still remains our top scorer in all competitions.

He can't cross a ball or beat a man, Why on gods earth is he starting on our right wing? Last season and the season before he got away with it because when we gave him the ball he was always in space and others did the hard work for him. But this season when we need him to step up he hasn't. He slows that the play so much, Sturridge is a far better player.