When was the last time Anelka performed?

Kostas

At the beginning of the season everyone was on top form. Drogba, Anelka, Malouda... even Kalou.

I think Anelka was proving something with the whole France team fiasco and his ban. Carlo should drop him and make him prove his worth from the bench. Va te faire enculer.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here his shot statistics since this 'crisis' has started :

- 2 shots against Liverpool (where he was our lone striker for 45 minutes...)

- 3 shots against Sunderland

- 3 shots against Birmingham

- 2 shots against Newcastle

- 2 shots against Everton

- 2 shots against Tottenham (where he was our lone striker for 45 minutes...)

- 0 shot against Bolton

- 0 shot against Aston Villa

So what's the next step ? He gonna start to shoot in our own goal ?

This is why Carlo HAS to drop and the sooner the better... !! I would rather Sturridge to replace him, but actually I don't give a fuck about who replaces him !! Even Kalou would be an improvement. Of course he miss sometime huge tap-in but at least he shoots ! And if you want to score a fucking goal, the better way to do so is to shoot...

^I'm glad that the stats support my view.

Anelka needs to be dropped. Actually we should have had this discussion in mid-November. I can understand Ancelotti's unwillingness to drop him as the next one in the pecking order is Salomon Kalou but he can't do worse than 0 shots in 90 minutes. As a matter of fact neither can Sturridge, Kakuta et al.

I argued back before the Sunderland game that Bruma couldn't do worse than ol'Paulo, his performance against Villa proved me right.

His shit form started just after Carlo said that Anelka is in the best form of his career. An article i read on my phone from the BBC Chelsea football page 1 day before we played Liverpool. From 3 shots, to 2 shots, to 0 shots. What the hell is next lol, maybe a goal against wolves or 2. Can't stay shit forever.

The thing about Anelka is simple. HE IS NOT A FUCKING WINGER. He's a striker. And he proved that when he played up along with Drogba when we played 2 up front. I think we need to play 2 up front (Drogs and Anelka) more often.

The thing about Anelka is simple. HE IS NOT A FUCKING WINGER. He's a striker. And he proved that when he played up along with Drogba when we played 2 up front. I think we need to play 2 up front (Drogs and Anelka) more often.

2 years ago.

He's hardly a striker anymore, the last time I saw him play like one was during the African Cup of Nations. Nowadays he's a wannabe-deep-lying playmaker

Fact of the day: The last man who insisted on playing him as striker was called Raymond Domenech

And here his shot statistics since this 'crisis' has started :

- 2 shots against Liverpool (where he was our lone striker for 45 minutes...)

- 3 shots against Sunderland

- 3 shots against Birmingham

- 2 shots against Newcastle

- 2 shots against Everton

- 2 shots against Tottenham (where he was our lone striker for 45 minutes...)

- 0 shot against Bolton

- 0 shot against Aston Villa

- 0 shot against the Wolves

'They have difficulty in this moment but Drogba scored today and for a striker to score is very important,' the manager said. 'I think he is moving on from a very difficult moment. Anelka is the same. In the last game Malouda scored, in this game Didier scored and in the next game i hope Anelka can score.'

So what's up now Carlo ? Do you still hope that Anelka can score ?

Yesterday you made the right decision with benching Anelka... But you've replaced a ghost with another ghost... I hope you will see quickly that Kalou and Anelka are no longer footballers...Give Sturridge a chance and buy a right winger.

You could say the same for Malouda, Kalou or Drogba to be fair. Even though Malouda was better today. The forward line just is not working at all. A bit harsh to just pick on Anelka as we are just poor in the final third.

Not just the forward line aint working, also the midfield and the defence aint what it should be. If we get in the shape like we were in the begin of the season, im sure every little thing is gonna be alright. If the defence starts to work, the midfields starts to work, the attackers starts to work. It just part of our current shape.

LOL I had a feeling someone would unearth this thread.

Apparently he was very good today, got some assists and would've had another goal (had Kalou not touched it last). He'll have to perform consistently to prove he's still capable though.

Ok so.... When did he last play well when it was most necessary ie the premiership? Blackburn like ages ago. Returning to form against ipswich is hardly an amazing achievement. He needs to play well after a good performance like this and the one in the carling cup. Play well and fucking maintain it.

P.S Nicolas Anelka is a striker. End of discussion. He's NOT a winger. </div>

Edited by OllieCFC

LOL I had a feeling someone would unearth this thread.

Apparently he was very good today, got some assists and would've had another goal (had Kalou not touched it last). He'll have to perform consistently to prove he's still capable though.

Some assists? The assists came from Frank, Branislav, José and Salomon wink.gif.