How Chelsea rejected Van Der Vaart

LDN Blue

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to ask ourselves why we paid 6M for Benayoun instead of 8M for VdV. Ramires doesnt come into that equation. why? because first, he is young and defensive. IMO, buying Bena instead of VdV was the biggest mistake they did.

Agreed. But Benayoun was bought like a month before Van Der Vaart even became available.

There was a similar rumor back when he signed for Tottenham so there are no surprises there.

His spell at R.Madrid was appalling, his injury record was pretty bad as-well therefore getting him would be a risk, a cheap one, but still a risk. In hindsight we might look like idiots due to his instant success and our record of overpaying only being highlighted by the Ramires transfer but I'd argue the jury is still out for him, I don't buy all the hype.

@ madmax

Sure It will be expensive , but you will pay now , and will gain next 10 years at least

i prefer spending a lot of money on one small gifted player like hamsik or pastore than buying 5 cheap players

for arsenal , it is a group of kids playing in the street , we will not be as them , we have a lot of experience and with hamsik or pastore , we will be the best in the world

Huge gamble, huge fail and one of the reasons we are where we are and playing like we are. Yids got him for £8m and he's worth double that. We've all been talking about van der Vaart for over 2 years, WE KNEW we needed him. Roman knows better.

Huge gamble, huge fail and one of the reasons we are where we are and playing like we are. Yids got him for £8m and he's worth double that. We've all been talking about van der Vaart for over 2 years, WE KNEW we needed him. Roman knows better.

Are you fucking serious? Ramires is the reason we're where we are? What a joke.

Our club just dont know how to buy players. Look at the Mourinhos years, how many money did we spent ? How many players did you bought ? Some may say that we bought Drogba, Essien, A.Cole, Carvalho and Shevchenko ( he was a flop, bu buying him was not a mistake, since he as the best striker in the world when he arrived)...ok, but we cant forget we bought W. Philips, Jarosik, Maniche, Del Honor, Kezman, Pizarro, Boularouz, Kalou, Mikel, Bel Haim, and also two player who werent a total flop: Deco and Benayoun, but whats the point of buying Deco when you already had Lampard and Ballack; and why Benayou whos 30, when the team have an age problem?. We let Parker, Robben, Gudjonsen and Duff go, and kept Kalou, Mikel and Ferreira all these years. In past two years we spent almost 40 millions in Zhirkov and Ramiires together. I think we could do better with that money, and sometimes there are really good players for the correct price and we just dont seem very interested, like Arshavin, Sneijder and van der Vart.

Every year when we go to market, I know that one time I will feel like this: :fainthv9:

To be fair if Yossi did not have that injury he would of probably have made a big impact for us when Lampard was out, definatly would of given us the creative spark we needed.

Exactly, not sure why people bash him for that.

Benayoun is another failure for Chelsea

He can only play good football about 60 mins at this age, with high salary, long-term injury, old

No other clubs will buy him and afford his salary....

Really don't understand why the club buy him...

Are you fucking serious? Ramires is the reason we're where we are? What a joke.

Come on, you know what i mean. These kinds of signings are why we are where we are. Turning down the likes of van der vaart for the likes of ramires. Of course ramires aint the reason we are where we are, he aint even played that much. BUT if we had van der vaart, i'm sure we'd be a lot better off.